A20 Stable Release

Hated

Hello survivos!

We are happy to release our Alpha 20.0 b238 stable version to all of you in time for the holidays!

Alpha 20's release brings a truckload of new features with it, if you have not seen them yet, check them out here.

If you have been playing during experimental, but dropped out at some point, you can read up here on what you missed in between builds.

If you want to participate in bug reporting, consult the known issues list before posting, please.

After Christmas break we will start deprecating 19.x betas on Steam. We do not like to do this, but due to Steam's limitations, we do not have further beta slots available. Please use this time to make sure your save games and/or mods run fine in Alpha 19.6 b8 since that build will be the only version of Alpha 19.

We are keeping the public TFP3 server (steam://connect/185.209.179.61:25008) open for people to play on over the holidays to see if we can reproduce chunk or region problems.

TFP wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

processed-b7f1d3d0-7a4d-4b33-802e-f66904410679_Yh28a8WJ.jpeg.93a63d74ac428b6c7f1641d920ba479b.jpeg

Edited by Hated (see edit history)

7 minutes ago, mle_ii said:

First time doing an experimental build and new to 7d2d.  If we already started an alpha 20 map in experimental should it just keep working in alpha 20 stable?

It is always recommended to wipe and start fresh, that said, my friends and I have moved several experimental builds over to stable with few to no issues.

2 minutes ago, Darthjake said:

It is always recommended to wipe and start fresh, that said, my friends and I have moved several experimental builds over to stable with few to no issues.

Thank you, after talking with others we might think about starting on a randomly generated world we started on Navezgane and where we spawned we're not getting as much loot in prep for the first horde night.  LOL  That and my daughter and I are just learning the game so staring over might be ok.  I need to talk to her about it first though.

Just need to find a good seed to start on.

1 minute ago, mle_ii said:

Thank you, after talking with others we might think about starting on a randomly generated world we started on Navezgane and where we spawned we're not getting as much loot in prep for the first horde night.  LOL  That and my daughter and I are just learning the game so staring over might be ok.  I need to talk to her about it first though.

Just need to find a good seed to start on.

My friend is the seed builder, I just name them, BrainnDrains or viceversa, and such.  I played Nav when I was first starting out then fell in love with RWG, but try going into the Random Gen Previewer and see what you get.

Please.. to get a20b238 stable build, you can merely opt out of "betas" by choosing "none". you will then begin the download (unless you had access to a20b238 experimental) to which is the now stable version.

if you had the experimental a20b238, you already have the stable version.

i just tested on my wifes computer and she now has the a20b238 version.

Thanks  :)
QA Tester-unholyjoe

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

Are there any breaking changes between the first experimental A20 and the stable release for existing saves? I saw the comment where wiping is recommended but I don't think my chap will like that heh. I wouldn't bother wiping everything and doing another RWG.

Unrelated, is the 16k map generation fixed? I remember the game not allowing to do 16384 due to some newline string (\n) that was commented in the A20 dev diary, and I haven't found anything about that in the latest changelogs.

Congrats and great job to all the devs and testers on getting it stable!

58 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

Please.. to get a20b238 stable build, you can merely opt out of "betas" by choosing "none". you will then begin the download (unless you had access to a20b238 experimental) to which is the now stable version.

if you had the experimental a20b238, you already have the stable version.

i just tested on my wifes computer and she now has the a20b238 version.

Thanks  :)
QA Tester-unholyjoe

No way, I'm staying on Experimental and when 7 Days to Die goes Gold, I will switch to whichever last non-final version that will be available at that time!

1 hour ago, R4to0 said:

Unrelated, is the 16k map generation fixed?

we support 3 sizes 6K 8K and 10K

37 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

No way, I'm staying on Experimental and when 7 Days to Die goes Gold, I will switch to whichever last non-final version that will be available at that time!

yep sorta cant argue with that as when the next stable release happens.. those who are opting in for the exp will already have the stable just like now and in all the last alphas. also playing on the exp version isnt seen different from any server so it truly doesnt matter. :)

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

16 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

yep sorta cant argue with that as when the next stable release happens.. those who are opting in for the exp will already have the stable just like now and in all the last alphas. also playing on the exp version isnt seen different from any server so it truly doesnt matter. :)

It will matter with Gold / final versus last non-final, though. ;)

6 hours ago, Hated said:

Hello survivos!

We are happy to release our Alpha 20.0 b238 stable version to all of you in time for the holidays!

Alpha 20's release brings a truckload of new features with it, if you have not seen them yet, check them out here.

If you have been playing during experimental, but dropped out at some point, you can read up here on what you missed in between builds.

Nosurvivos.jpg

Just to be clear, the stable release this afternoon was not an update. It was simply switching the 238 build from the opt-in branch to Steam's main branch. If you updated b238 earlier this morning then you have already been playing the stable version.

2 hours ago, Grimly said:

Yeah I just went to load my game from the desktop like normal and steam forced the new update, I did nothing out of my ordinary launching of 7d2d

there is a steam setting that you can enable so that it doesn’t automatically push updates. 

6 hours ago, unholyjoe said:

we support 3 sizes 6K 8K and 10K

I'm aware that only these are officially supported. I meant for the dedicated server, where the server config file says that you can do up to 16384 (16k), and as it was working in A19 it broke in A20, a regression I'd say :). Thanks for the reply!