Saturn's Office POI for Alpha 20

Doc Saturn

This is my first poi creation for Alpha 20. It's my first I've felt is good enough in any alpha. It is an office for a software company. It includes Tier 4 quests for clear and fetch.

I have tested it in RWG and it places fine into the world. Feedback is appreciated.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-rnJessGYKuBT64YwG4FhV4nG5VCTzLw/view?usp=sharing

A20.0_2021-12-16_14-46-31.jpg

A20.0_2021-12-16_14-47-03.jpg

A20.0_2021-12-16_14-47-25.jpg

Edited by Doc Saturn (see edit history)

20 minutes ago, Doc Saturn said:

This is my first poi creation for Alpha 20. It's my first I've felt is good enough in any alpha. It is an office for a software company. It includes Tier 4 quests for clear and fetch.

I have tested it in RWG and it places fine into the world. Feedback is appreciated.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D3e-WgENi0Oimxs46aYvkUi2tk0fCoK_/view?usp=sharing

A20.0_2021-12-16_14-46-31.jpg

A20.0_2021-12-16_14-47-03.jpg

A20.0_2021-12-16_14-47-25.jpg

Very nice good to see the use of the new blocks and esp the garage door 

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this but twice now, out of probably ten worlds that I've come across this POI, I've encountered an issue where it seems that there is a three or four block gap/hole beneath this POI. I often encounter it in the outdoor blacktop area and parking area. As I run across the ground gives way beneath and I fall into a pocket of nothingness between the POI and terrain. I can always nerd pole out but it doesn't seem intentional so I figure I'd say something. Also, the steel stairs leading upwards all collapse upon walking on them which I could see maybe being intentional but I figured I'd ask. Love the POI. Very well made and detailed interiors too.

8 hours ago, ate0ate said:

I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this but twice now, out of probably ten worlds that I've come across this POI, I've encountered an issue where it seems that there is a three or four block gap/hole beneath this POI. I often encounter it in the outdoor blacktop area and parking area. As I run across the ground gives way beneath and I fall into a pocket of nothingness between the POI and terrain. I can always nerd pole out but it doesn't seem intentional so I figure I'd say something. Also, the steel stairs leading upwards all collapse upon walking on them which I could see maybe being intentional but I figured I'd ask. Love the POI. Very well made and detailed interiors too.

I just took a look at this and it appears there's no terrain filler around the small basement below ground level. The small basement area pushes the lower level below ground but leaves an empty space. This can be remedied by adding terrain filler below ground level around the basement and to the edges of the POI.

Well, I attempted to noob my way through the fix. How hard could it be, right? Lol. I loaded it up in the prefab editor, couldn't figure out the select or fill section tool so I placed terrain filler blocks one at a time. Saved it, loaded it, and gone. I'm not doing that again:(

On 2/8/2022 at 4:08 AM, ate0ate said:

Well, I attempted to noob my way through the fix. How hard could it be, right? Lol. I loaded it up in the prefab editor, couldn't figure out the select or fill section tool so I placed terrain filler blocks one at a time. Saved it, loaded it, and gone. I'm not doing that again:(

It would be ideal for Doc to do this for the original file, but I can do it when I get back from my first vacation in 17 years next week. If you want to learn and do it yourself watch these videos: 

They are short and to the point.

2 hours ago, Deverezieaux said:

Hey @ate0ate, I didn't see that anyone else had fixed this so I went ahead and did it.

Here's the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TJ0GivmWJdUnIcOXfJBahfJzIZLZdq1H/view?usp=sharing

Thank you tremendously for doing that. I appreciate it. I haven't had much time to sit down and give things another shot but I do appreciate you linking that video as well. Its a useful thing to know how to do and I'd love to learn it a bit. I certainly do not see myself being able to make any amazing POIs from scratch or anything like that, but being able to fix small issues or tweak things to personal tastes would be quite a nice thing to do as well. Thanks again:)