A19-A20 Serious crash game itself/overlay and lost connection on steam.

Rose

I need help to solve a very specific problem that I had in one day with the game for some reason that I don't know, the problem is when I playing on severs with only friends or online, and my game freezes for some reason and my steam disconnects and later in few minutes my game like that crashes. These problems did not happen to me before, when I started playing my game, the game let me play in online and in servers with only friends and I did a lot of things to try to repair it, for example update all my drivers, clean my ram, completely uninstall the game and re install it, and nothing work and I really can't play the game since that happened to me for some reason that I don't know and sometimes when the game crashes my software Windows stop working, and that is a little weird because it's the only game that happens that kind of thing of the software Windows.

https://pastebin.com/UAf0GnG7 There is a logfile if that help.

1. Exclude your client from security software, and allow it in the firewall. This is covered in the Pinned Support FAQ thread.

2. Your hardware doesn't meet the minimum system requirements. Not sure how you only have 7GB RAM instead of 8, but it's not enough. Game needs 8GB minimum.

3. In addition to the shortcomings you already have with the RAM, you're playing an unstable experimental that is known to have memory leak issues. Might want to go back to a19 after you fix your RAM up.

4. Disable Dynamic Mesh, and all other premium graphics features. You do not have the hardware to support any of it.

5. Your log shows a normal shutdown, but I would assume that your freezing and crashing is simply a result of your system RAM being completely full and it's having to use the Pagefile that is likely on a slow platter drive.

I was thinking in buying more ram for my pc, but it's a bit weird too, because I had games like Shadow Warrior 2 and DOOM that exaclty needs minumum 8 gb of ram and those games perfectly run well in my pc, but I see what more can do if not is the ram the problem, thanks for the reply.

Edited by Rose (see edit history)

15 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

Not sure how you only have 7GB RAM instead of 8

Some bios allow you to pre-allocate ram to the igp. In my bios for example I can allocate up to 1 Gb of ram to the igp, and this ram then doesn't show in my total after booting.

17 minutes ago, Rose said:

if not is the ram the problem

I think you need more ram if you can squeeze it in. You could try checking the bios for igp settings and reduce the ram allocated there if possible. Or turn the igp off, also, if possible. Check your swapfile settings and make sure they are set to windows managed, not manually set.

2 hours ago, Beelzybub said:

Some bios allow you to pre-allocate ram to the igp. In my bios for example I can allocate up to 1 Gb of ram to the igp, and this ram then doesn't show in my total after booting.

I think you need more ram if you can squeeze it in. You could try checking the bios for igp settings and reduce the ram allocated there if possible. Or turn the igp off, also, if possible. Check your swapfile settings and make sure they are set to windows managed, not manually set.

I already do somethings like allow the firewall in the game and try to use all the ram possible, and looks like only can use 7 of ram and I going to need to buy another ram I guess, I do some changes with the firewall and now can't even charge the map in single player. For some weird reason sometimes the game usually lets me play for a few minutes or even 2 hours and then that happens and now it does not let me enter in navezgane map. 

https://pastebin.com/GCn8N1nc

Edited by Rose (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Rose said:

it does not let me enter in navezgane map. 

Try a new game and a new seed. It looks like your game is corrupt. Or you could try deleting the region file indicated here:

Exception: Incorrect region file header! C:\Users\Usuario\AppData\Roaming/7DaysToDie/Saves/Navezgane/SS\Region/r.0.0.7rg

On 12/21/2021 at 6:36 PM, Beelzybub said:

Yeah I'm familiar with that on laptops. Wasn't thinking about it since they've got a desktop CPU.

@Rose If you have the log from before the logs where the errors started, that would be great.  Been trying to collect information on that issue.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2021 at 8:07 AM, SylenThunder said:

2. Your hardware doesn't meet the minimum system requirements. Not sure how you only have 7GB RAM instead of 8, but it's not enough. Game needs 8GB minimum.

perhaps laptop with integrated GPU that takes ram for itself :devilish:

I am not a Fun Pimp.

Well...

AMD Radeon R7 270

This is what you have.

That videocard is almost DECADE old...

And it was pretty weak back then, based on release price.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radeon_Rx_200_series#Radeon_R9_270X

From funny resolution i conclude you are using laptop, isn't this the case?

7days to die crush should not cause Steam issues.

But both CAN be related as well, as, both can have same root cause.

if issue happens reliably, run 10000 pings to some server, for example 8.8.8.8 to see if you get any network packet loss.

you can also see it near real time when game crashes if you see problem with pings.

If time coincides - its somehow network or possibly hardware issue.