My thoughts on the real issue plaguing bicycles - Wheels.

Pichii

I noticed in A20 that bicycles had a buffed inventory and the trader even offered you one as a quest reward for seeking new trade routes.
I was just going to suggest- instead of free why not fix the only reason nobody builds one of these bad boys unless they are new to the game?
Wheels.
There is no reason I would even think about building a bicycle when I could wait a few more days and just build a minibike. Wheels and acid are the main bottleknecks for your mobile empire and thus, there is never a reason to build one.

So, my suggestion is with these pipe weapons rework, make a bicycle tire that isnt a regular motor vehicle tire. (Its not that way in real life too ya kno, the two are very different.)
new graphic (Please make it cheesily square or just bent as all heck. :D)

Materials: 10 duct tape, 1000 iron, 25 polymers. (Its raw iron and we gota bend it like a bender bot, were gona waste alot.)
This cost will keep them expensive but affordable once you get a base up and, offers a vehicle early if youre a 'live out your backpack' type fellow as well as adding mobility utility early enough and at a reasonable enough cost I may actually consider making one and paying the cost.