Repair only (no upgrade) option

Goemaat

It would be nice to have an option to 'repair only' for repair tools like the stone axe, hammer, and nailgun.  Accidentally upgrading blocks I'm trying to repair or near ones I'm trying to repair is a pain.  When upgrading a horde base (or any really) from cobblestone to concrete or concrete to steel it is usually best to upgrade key components with the limited new resources available and leave others a lower tier, but still keep them repaired.  Accidentally upgrading some blocks to steel wastes resources and is unsightly, requiring paint to make them look like concrete...

This option could be a radial mode like with the paint brush, select 'repair only' or 'repair and upgrade', maybe 'repair and upgrade' too.  Or it could be something like holding shift or being in crouch mode will repair only and not upgrade...

I'm absolutely loving the new shapes by the way.   And I think the lowered HP for smaller blocks is a great idea, I remember assuming that was the case for a long time after I started the game.

• 2 weeks later...

My current solution for this is to just not carry steel while upgrading my base. 

I don't feel the need to upgrade more than a few specific blocks to steel, and I don't have enough forged steel to do everything, so it goes into the box while i'm not using it. 

The solution as iamnuff said is a fine workaround that I've been using since I started playing. The repair only option is a great idea though. Even knowing that I can miss the 'block' I'm planning to upgrade I have more than once mindlessly wasted found steel upgrading when I was trying to repair.