Why are there no children zombies?

Ashlockheart

11 hours ago, ate0ate said:

Yeah, no, Days Gone suffered from mixed reviews unfortunately. Plus it was a PS exclusive for a long time. Critics said it was unoriginal and offered nothing new while others praised its take on an open world and the 500 zombie hordes and horde mechanic in general. It wasn't really until it released on PC that it gained a bit of a cult following. I've never heard mention of the child zombie thing being a reason for any of that. It barely drew any attention or ire for that. I think if TFP do not want child zombies in their game, that is fine. Its their choice. But to pretend it would damage game sales in some meaningful way is just silly. Everyone is offended by nonsense these days. If that were their design philosophy, to not offend, then the game would be trash and doomed from the start. They'd have to start pulling out the strip club and female zombies in general and hey, why not just pull out the violence in general? It'd be a whole can of worms/slippery slope to start on so I doubt that that is what their decision is based on.

Well - days gone have great graphic , setting and "details" but have medicore and sometimes boring gameplay 😕  

On 12/25/2021 at 11:31 AM, MechanicalLens said:

Here we go again. :pop2:

I wonder when the next LBD thread will pop up.

(In all seriousness, for all of the reasons stated above. Plus, just my personal take, anyone who wants violence against children in video games, even zombie children, seriously needs to have their head checked, I'm just saying.)

@MechanicalLens what mean LBD? 

Honestly i think it doesn't matter if this this is adult, teenager, monkey (cod have zombie mokeys)  or dog. They are zombies - don't think just want to eat brains and are dangerous. TWD is good as example - this in no matter what someone was before became zombie - kid or adult- now it is just threat to be eliminated. MGS 5 allow you to spare children soldiers because you can speak with them and convice them to stop do wrong things.  But zombie cannot be helped or you can't convice them, only way is kill them.  So zombie teens in games  are nothing bad- honestly quest from days gone connected with them was rly good and have sens.  ( i will try to wrote about it without spoiler) Some doc what to help find a cure for zombie infection so they think zombie kids can be cured because they have diffrent bodies that adult zombies - you target is use gun with sleeping bullet and bring zombie girl with you. You are trying but well after test of cure it kills this zombie teenager girl. Doc say it is too late to save them.  

2 hours ago, JCrook1028 said:

No it's just factual.

Honestly - from my point of view "give a f" on germany australia etc would force governamets of this county to change law because - games  = money = taxes

Well i know it is too late to change decision about that but this is good advice for future

1 hour ago, Maharin said:

Simple answer... kids are too tasty to feed to zombies.

I tease... I've never bitten a kid that didn't deserve it.

Typical parent came to room with belt : TIM! YOU HAVE SOME BAD GRADES!  PANTS DOWN AND LYING ON THE BED!

maharin as parent: Tim! you have some bad grades. put hand on table i will cut of your finger and eat!

On 12/24/2021 at 1:59 PM, RyanX said:

There is a mod for this...and there are also crawling baby zombies in this mod.  Very disturbing.

wut? i don't see that mod anywhere.

On 12/25/2021 at 6:35 AM, Ramethzer0 said:

IIRC even before the 90's.   Children as zombies has been a hot button issue for quite some time since the scene in the original 78 Dawn of the Dead.  The scene with two children were quite controversial.  Later, in zombie film culture - the genre had more and more directors and make up artists pay homage to Tom Savini and his protege Greg Nicotero have since managed to conjure it up in a way that didn't hurt too many hollywood (and abroad) sensitivities.  The Majority just didn't want to see that kind of thing.

The Japanese film industry in particular had a full range of outright artistic embrace of it (particularly the Dawn remake) to full scale rejection of it.  The reaction so far has been when zombie films are produced they have certain editions cut to fit official censorship boards and regional sensitivities.  For instance, there are Russian zombie films so violent and disgusting they aren't very popular here in the states for our own marketing reasons.

Honestly i think orginal zombie teens from Dawn of the dead were too much "comical" that serious but TWD have good zombie kids. 

Btw. i don't understand japan film industry - ghost 6yo ghost - good (curse) , zombie teenager- bad.

Honestly i don't understand why people complain about zombie teens but ghost kids are fine for most- f.e.a.r. , american ring and a lot of american horror movies have ghost girls, pacify, fatal frame , the surffering , silent hill 

On 12/25/2021 at 4:00 PM, ate0ate said:

Days gone integrated child zombies in a great way. Newts. agile wall climbers that hang out on roof tops and only attack if you attack first or invade their territory. It really does add to the game and I don't think that game was banned anywhere.

Yep i think they make them good- honestly i think mutants in l4d2 or dayz style would destroy the setting - well strongman can be strong zombie so it suit good, bear as zombie too so  zombie kids it suit well

On 12/19/2021 at 6:28 AM, Urban Blackbear said:

I was going to bring Minecraft up too. We need to apply their approach to kids. Just make the zombies all have 1m tall versions of themselves that spawn at 2% or something. Now that would be scary.

We do, she is called Arlene lol..

41 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

We do, she is called Arlene lol..

Well new HD Arlene looks much smaller that previous model. 

But @Laz Man what do you think about compromise? I don't know if you like skyrim or not but some time after release devs made mods- Skyrim Mod:Developer Mods - The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages (UESP) . So what do you think about idea to solve "zombie teens" problem by release zombie teens as new typ of enemies by mod made by devs- this would avoid law problems and - if someone want them he/she can download this , if not well he will not have them in their game - win win sitation. i think it is the best idea. ofc - it don't have to be relase fast- it can be release after final version but this will let to have "consistent" art style- i appreciate modders but i'm sure they just can't do HD models.

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

19 hours ago, Matt115 said:

Honestly i think orginal zombie teens from Dawn of the dead were too much "comical" that serious but TWD have good zombie kids. 

Ugh.  This is the part I age uncontrollably and fall over as a pile of bones.    I'm talking the original 1978 version, where the two zombie kids bust in on the main characters searching the airfield for AVfuel.

29 minutes ago, Ramethzer0 said:

Ugh.  This is the part I age uncontrollably and fall over as a pile of bones.    I'm talking the original 1978 version, where the two zombie kids bust in on the main characters searching the airfield for AVfuel.

I know i mean - kids were more faster that adult zombies in my opinion in this scene. But still this was good implemented because well - kid zombie is smaller so harder to kill.