Sneaking and its problems (and how to fix it)

Viktoriusiii

My biggest complaint about the auto-wake is that it's just so jarring and immersion-breaking.

It might have already been mentioned before (this is such a heated topic), but what if there were just certain anti-agility zombie types?

Like, melee builds get heavy contest out of things like bikers that are tough to knock down and hit like trucks.  So how about the spider zombie scream waking up nearby sleepers and wights that are much more aware, likely to wake up and be hyper-aggressive?

Idk, I love the stealth build and I still want a challenge. I just want something that feels good instead of sometimes being able to tickle a zombie's nose undetected, or sometimes waking the same zombie across the room with no difference except I walked through a scripted door

There definitely is something wrong with the sneak mechanic in Alpha 20 i have set up base in farm_12 i'm on day 9 just waiting for the morning on the roof of the main house i am crouching and my visibility is sitting at 5 and i sneak walked from one end of the roof to the other barely moving and my visibility hovers between 5 and 6 the all of a sudden doing nothing different it jumps to 25 for about a second then drops back to hovering between 5 and 6 again and will do this every 2 or 3 blocks.

if i stop or keep moving it doesn't make a difference there is no way this could be a "feature' could it? because if it is there is no stealth anymore.

I just jumped back into my game from doing a few things and decided to just crouch walk from one end of the roof to the other without trying to be as quiet as possible my visibility sat at 27 except every 2 or 3 blocks it jumped down to 7 then back up to 27 so weird.

Edited by Whiteshark68
More Information (see edit history)