Frame drops towards one compass direction

praekokion

Hey Guys,

I'm on A20, B218, fresh install, day 13. Whenever I enter the Wasteland and turn towards N/NE direction, my frames drops significantly. They go from around 60-70 down to around 20. Console doesn't give any errors, nothing pointing towards a corrputed chunk or something.. I turned down almost all graphic settings with little to no effect ((went from 20 to 23) because I figured it might be a problem with the wasteland effects and my GPU, it is not though. My CPU is usually sitting at 40-45% (in every other Biome and looking any other direction), but when I look N/NE in the wasteland, it goes down to 15-20%. So neither graphic settings have an effect, nor is my CPU load higher when looking in this direction (awkwardly enough its even lower, indicating a GPU or RAM bottleneck..) , but still my frames drop to the point of unplayability. It does NOT depend on wether the wasteland-city is in this direction or not. It still drops. 

And it's *not* the A20 microstutters that are caused by dynamic music - already turned that off, and solved this problem :D

Playing on an i7-7700k, 16gb ram (around 5gb used by 7dtd, not changing in these situations), gtx0180, newest drivers.

Anyone got any ideas? 

Thanks!

Edited by praekokion (see edit history)

Not 100% sure tbh. I am 100% sure now however, that it is indeed gpu caused. Kind off odd to me, given I already turned everything to "low" and am on a 1080, so I should be fine - but as soon as the frames drop, GPU sits pinned to 99%. Soo.. yeah. Sucks a bit, but oh well. It's experimental alpha for a reason I guess.

Edited by praekokion (see edit history)

I had same problem when indoors turning towards city center cut my frames in half,and I've noticed my occlusion was turning off because some error with async readback or something like that. I've tried switching to opengl and vulkan but fixed it finaly when I've disabled new dynamic mesh feature.

Dynamic Mesh it was. Dynamic mesh "on", pins my GPU at 100% instantly, as soon as I look towards the city, and also increases RAM usage by a good 3gb. It's a nice feature, but should maybe be turned off as default and set with a warning, that only high-end hardware will be able to run it properly. Thanks everyone!

34 minutes ago, praekokion said:

Dynamic Mesh it was. Dynamic mesh "on", pins my GPU at 100% instantly, as soon as I look towards the city, and also increases RAM usage by a good 3gb. It's a nice feature, but should maybe be turned off as default and set with a warning, that only high-end hardware will be able to run it properly. Thanks everyone!

You don't have to turn off dynamic mesh completely, if I remember correctly there should be an option which allows the dynamic mesh works only on the area where the claim block is placed so your base should still be visible from far away but all the pois changes will be ignored until you get close to it like it was in A19