Telrics A20 Modlets (Updated Horses mod: 01/18/2023)

Telric

Welcome! If the mod requires a restart or specifics, you will see them labeled in red. If there is no red, it does not require a restart. You can search for the different mod categories with this table of contents:

[--Event Mods--]

[--Weapon Mods--]

[--Decorations and Utility Mods--]

Here you can keep up with some of the stuff I'm working on. Not everything will be posted, just a few snips.

[--Telrics Youtube--]

You can also join my discord where I post even more snips. You can also help with giving requests or input on the mods being made.

[--Telrics Discord--]

If you find any issues with the mods, let me know and I'll do what I can to fix them. Thanks for playing!

[--Event Mods--]

[--Added 12/28/2021--]

[-- Does Not Require Restart --]

[-- This mod works with Ragsy's Boats modlet! --]

[-- Client and Server Install --]

[-- Does not work with Telrics Fishing A20 --]

In this version of the fishing mod, you no longer get bait from punching grass. Instead you need to craft a bug net and hunt bugs to use as bait. Equipping a bug net and crouching will allow you to hear the chirps. Follow those chirps until you find the bait to catch. You can also find worms quite commonly by digging dirt, though they are quite expendable and don't offer too much bait catch chance.

The fish have undergone some changes as well. You still fish with left click and reel in with F (or your activate key), but catching the fish is automatic. The fish that you catch will be random, based on biome. Day or night also play a factor in the fish type you catch. Several fish are also used in recipes that give bonus buffs when consumed, so fish in all of the biomes during day or night to find which fish is where!

Be sure to also craft a fishing chair to fish from your own docks, and even the new tackle boxes to store some goodies in, near those chairs.

And don't forget to download Ragsy's raft modlet for A20 so you can fish directly from a raft!

Note to other modders: If you want this mod to work on your own rafts or boats, first you need to be able to walk on the boat, using unity and colliders. Then, you need to add the correct tag to the entityclasses file. The tag is: fish . Very simple.

Alpha 20.4 (b42)

Video1

[--Added 12/17/2021--]

[-- This mod works with Ragsy's Boats modlet! --]

The latest version of fishing! It's had some changes since a19. You'll need to craft yourself a fishing rod to start fishing. This rod has a base line 4% chance to catch fish. Not very high. But no worries, with perks in Living off the Land, you can increase that chance by 3%, 6%, and finally 16%, bring it to a max of 20% chance. It doesn't stop there. You can find bait in loot, or through harvesting grass. Each perk point in living off the land increases the chance you'll get bait from harvesting. There are three bait tiers. Worms, which give 5% additional catch chance, grubs with a 9% chance, and the more rare dragonfly with a whopping 25%. These baits have individual chances to be consumed when you get a bite, and a 100% chance should you fail to reel the fish in.

There have been more fish, along with more recipes added, but most of these recipes will require fish fillets of a certain type. To get these fillets, you must have a knife weapon equipped. This will unlock the fillet items. There are grilled, fried, marinated, and other foods that can be crafted.

Be sure to also craft a fishing chair to fish from your own docks, and even the new tackle boxes to store some goodies in near those chairs.

And don't forget to download Ragsy's boats modlet for A20 so you can fish directly from a raft!

Note to other modders: If you want this mod to work on your own rafts or boats, first you need to be able to walk on the boat, using unity and colliders. Then, you need to add the correct tag to the entityclasses file. The tag is: fish . Very simple.

Alpha 20.4 (b42)

Video1

[--Added 1/18/2023--]

A very simple update to the horses mod. In this version, you can find horses in loot, as well as on traders.

There are a couple of issues when using in multiplayer, all cosmetic really.
     1: when another player is on their horse and are running (turbo mode), they do not display the running animation. i have no idea why as it plays the idle and walking animation fine, but the trigger just doesnt register the running animation.

2: other players' horses tend to disappear for a half second or so when starting / stopping movement. i've attempted to lower it to as little as possible, but it seems not to want to go below a certain amount.

Alpha 20.6 (b49)

Picture1

[--Weapon Mods --]

[--Added 12/19/2021--]

The new release of the flamethrower. I retextured it, as well as changed the particles a bit. It no longer does direct damage, but all of it's power comes from a debuff on the enemy. Your first attack will start this debuff, giving a growing damage over time effect. The longer you burn the enemy, the more damage it will do, up to a point. Over time, this effect will slow down, so finding the sweet spot of burning and allowing to cool off a bit will increase your efficiency. This debuff also deals increased damage to radiated zombies. Flamethrowers deal an additional 300% damage to wood, making it a quick breaking and entering tool on wooden structures.

The flamethrower uses Demolition Expert perks to increase crafting quality, however as stated before, it does minimal direct damage. You can craft this once you've found the schematic. It's possible to loot as well, being part of the Tier 2 demolition weapons. You can also find and purchase flamethrower canisters which change your flamethrower's flame color, as well as the flames on enemies.

Note: this has had a little testing for balance, but not excessively. Any input on the balance would be greatly appreciated.

Alpha 20.4 (b42)

Video1

[--Decorations and Utility Mods--]

[--Changed: lootlist for cabinets from playerStorage to cupboard 09/24/2022--]

[--Updated 06/28/2022:
added cabinets, towels, paper towel holder, rolling pin
changed: light fixtures default to on.
changed: ordering of blocks in xml (may cause blocks placed to shift around in existing worlds)
changed and added: colors of windows and fencing to match the new cabinet textures.

changed: retextured a few blocks--]
[--Updated with new blocks 03/30/2022--]

[--Fixed: Window 2x1 positions 01/12/2022--]

[--Added: 2x1 windows that open left or right 01/10/2022--]

[--Fixed: Doors and gates were placing incorrectly 12/23/2021--]

[--Added 12/13/2021--]

New editions include a wood picket fence set, some clay vases, a few food decorations, and a tent that you can fill with other blocks. Also includes 470 variations of cabinetry!

This mod adds several new blocks of decorative value. They can be crafted with just a few wood and are not meant for defenses. Simply search 'master' in recipes to find the master blocks. Hold R when one is equipped to choose which block you want out of that set.

Alpha 20.5 (b2)
Note: As all of these models are personally made by me, feel free to include them in whatever you wish. Any overhauls or mods.

Video1

Video2 (cabinet release)

[--Added 12/15/2021--]

A light weight mod that displays a rough percentage of health on your targets. This only appears after you have damaged them. This version uses the texture ( created by @Mumpfy) from the first health bars mod.

Alpha 20.4 (b42)

Picture1

[--Added 12/15/2021--]

A light weight mod that displays a rough percentage of health on your targets. This only appears after you have damaged them. This version uses the latest texture that I created in a19, the blue one.

Alpha 20.4 (b42)

Picture1

[--Updated - requires crouching to sleep 01/08/2021--]

[--Updated - affects critical injuries 01/05/2021--]

[--Added 12/28/2021--]

[-- SINGLE PLAYER ONLY --]

Warning: This is a single player only mod. It WILL cause errors in MP.

This is a simple mod that allows sleeping to progress time. Upon entering the game, you'll receive a buff that begins counting up a sleepiness percent. Every 30 real time seconds you gain one percent. You will have to choose when to sleep.

Stepping on a crafted bedroll, while crouching, (does not work with king size bed) will begin your sleeping, as long as you have more than 0% sleepiness. Time will start accelerating at roughly 12 in game minutes per real time second. For reference, if you are on default settings, going to sleep with 100% sleepiness at 22:00, you will wake up at just before 5 AM the next day. Of course, you can cancel this by stepping off the bedroll. During sleep, you are unable to use weapons or tools, though you can still eat and drink.

Thanks to @magejosh :

Sleeping also is beneficial to your health. It will help recover sprains, broken limbs, and concussions. Perking into Iron Gut will help increase fatigue recovery. Perking into Fast Healing will help increase laceration recovery. Should you perk into both Iron Gut and Fast Healing, you'll also have a fighting chance to recover from infections, but you do need both perks to gain this benefit.

Sleeping will not work during horde nights.

To get this mod working with UL, you must rename the folder, as well as the mod.xml content to come AFTER UL. ZZZTelricsSleepingA20 will work.

Alpha 20 (b238)

Video1

[--Added 01/11/2022--]

[-- SINGLE PLAYER ONLY --]

Warning: This is a single player only mod. It WILL cause errors in MP.

Just like the original sleeping mod, this will progress time while on your bedroll. You'll need to crouch in order to begin sleeping. Time will start accelerating at roughly 12 in game minutes per real time second. You can cancel sleeping at any time by standing up, or walking off your bedroll. While sleeping, you are unable to use weapons or tools, though you can still eat and drink.

Thanks to @magejosh :

Sleeping also is beneficial to your health. It will help recover sprains, broken limbs, and concussions. Perking into Iron Gut will help increase fatigue recovery. Perking into Fast Healing will help increase laceration recovery. Should you perk into both Iron Gut and Fast Healing, you'll also have a fighting chance to recover from infections, but you do need both perks to gain this benefit.

Sleeping will not work during horde nights.

Alpha 20 (b238)

Video1

Edited by Telric (see edit history)

That dart set looks like such a cool multiplayer game. I would assume it works multiplayer client side install for all involved. I'd be up for testing it either way. Awesome work on all of the decorations, beautiful additions to the world. The functioning faucet and showerhead were a fun surprise.

9 hours ago, magejosh said:

That dart set looks like such a cool multiplayer game. I would assume it works multiplayer client side install for all involved. I'd be up for testing it either way. Awesome work on all of the decorations, beautiful additions to the world. The functioning faucet and showerhead were a fun surprise.

It should work just fine in multiplayer. Clients will need to install of course.

Fixed some errors that i forgot to change before uploading. I changed the name of the unity3d file and didnt reflect it in the items. Should work fine now!

5 hours ago, iicecube said:

@Telric, I wonder those included shower cap and sink can be work as water source or?

The faucet yes... I'm not sure about the shower. I dont think I set it up for the shower, but I did set it up for the faucet.

Just updated my health bars mods. There are two versions. V1 uses the texture from the very first health bars mod, while V2 uses the latest one.

Also, if you are interested in testing some mods before they are released, join the discord. I have a fishing mod ready to release, just want some testing before I put it out to the masses. Other mods will be put under the testing category as they are ready for release.

• Telric changed the title to Telrics A20 Modlets (New mod added: 12/15/2021)
  • Telric changed the title to Telrics A20 Modlets (New Fishing mod added: 12/17/2021)

Hey all, I just put out my fishing mod for a20. It's seen some changes since the a19 version, along with working with Ragsy's raft modlet! Go check it out! In the display video, I do a little tutorial using quests that aren't in the actual release. They were just created because well, I dont wanna talk to a microphone or type every few seconds.... So watch and enjoy!

18 minutes ago, ktrain said:

Is there ANY hope that we get a server-side only fishing mod EVER? I still don't understand why the server can't push assets but we can push external pngs for logo's etc...

Fishing is the only thing my users request that I have been unable to get working...

Aren't those pngs loaded from external links? That would be probably what makes the difference. As far as I know, Alpha 19 and before only pushed configs, so whatever you could come up with using the vanilla assets and configs, it would be pushed to the clients. Alpha 20 might just work the same way.

Edited by mr.devolver (see edit history)

2 hours ago, mr.devolver said:

Aren't those pngs loaded from external links? That would be probably what makes the difference. As far as I know, Alpha 19 and before only pushed configs, so whatever you could come up with using the vanilla assets and configs, it would be pushed to the clients. Alpha 20 might just work the same way.

They are indeed loaded from my webserver...I would not have a problem doing it for ingame assets as well if it means the client doesn't have to install anything.

That is the MAIN goal

5 minutes ago, ktrain said:

They are indeed loaded from my webserver...I would not have a problem doing it for ingame assets as well if it means the client doesn't have to install anything.

That is the MAIN goal

I understand what you mean, but I think the reason why they didn't do it for assets was that with pngs from external links, it's just an image that's shown to the client, technically, nothing is really "pushed from the server" in terms of assets.

Edited by mr.devolver (see edit history)

5 hours ago, ktrain said:

Is there ANY hope that we get a server-side only fishing mod EVER? I still don't understand why the server can't push assets but we can push external pngs for logo's etc...

Fishing is the only thing my users request that I have been unable to get working...

It would be doable for sure, but with some imagination from the player. Example, there is no real fishing pole in game, so people have done it before with spears... But I personally have no interest in doing server side stuff. Much more freedom with custom assets.

5 hours ago, iicecube said:

Wish your horse 🐴 riding and animal breeding farm mod can be revive as well into A20. 

Thank for your nice fishing mod.

They will be eventually. Usually when i update things, i like to expand on it or change things around a bit, such as the fishing mod. But in time i'm sure ill get to those as well.

5 hours ago, mr.devolver said:

I understand what you mean, but I think the reason why they didn't do it for assets was that with pngs from external links, it's just an image that's shown to the client, technically, nothing is really "pushed from the server" in terms of assets.

I guess I just don't understand why xml and localizations are pushed but not assets...is there a good reason for not enabling the assets?

4 minutes ago, ktrain said:

I guess I just don't understand why xml and localizations are pushed but not assets...is there a good reason for not enabling the assets?

Although, I have my theory, I guess that question can be answered only by developers of this game.

If I was to guess, I would say that assets can reach gigabytes of extra data, depending on how much modded the game is. All the clients would have to download them from the server, which would cost you in server bandwidth, potentially making the server unstable if it's not really designed for such traffic. Also, it's not really practical as the clients would have to start the game only to wait for the huge amount of data to download, so there's a chance they wouldn't even get to play it that day (some people may not have that fast internet connection), not to mention that game itself wouldn't be the best "download manager", so I think it's better if the clients download it all in advance from somewhere and then start the game once the data is ready. I mean, technically it's probably possible, but it would most likely require a lot of extra work that's probably not worth the time and effort.

3 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

Telric, I think this item has some problem in the description. I guess it got cut off somewhere in the localization file.

cIkww7y.png

Good catch. Just fixed. That's what I get for copying from the wiki... But I have 0 clue about what fish types are. lol. Can redownload or replace with the new localization:

Spoiler

The bluegill is a species of freshwater fish sometimes referred to as 'bream', 'brim', 'sunny', or 'copper nose' or 'perch' as is common in Texas.

• Telric changed the title to Telrics A20 Modlets (New Flamethrower mod added: 12/19/2021)
8 hours ago, Telric said:

Just put a fix out for the fishing mod. It was adding bait to all blocks, not just grass. That's now been fixed. No need to restart, just redownload and it'll work.

Yeah, I thought finding a worm in a sink is a bit strange, but not impossible, but when I found another one in a car and another one in a lamp, I suspected something isn't right there, but hey maybe that's how you wanted it to be, so I didn't report that. 😂

• Telric changed the title to Telrics A20 Modlets (Updated Horses mod: 01/18/2023)