A20 Random Map Generator bug

Modori

15 minutes ago, Modori said:

The second image in the album has the settings of the generation. It says 8192 map size?

Yes it does.  Sorry my bad.  When I clicked on your link I only saw the first picture on my tablet and didn’t notice the scroll bar.  I will try running that seed on my computer later to see if I get the same result.

20 minutes ago, Modori said:

All good.

When I asked in the darkness falls discord. People were saying it might related to AMD hardware.

not insinuating anything but.. did you gen a world without mods? i ask because you said you were in DF discord.

i have nvidia rtx 2080ti so i have never had a map of any size gen like that.

21 hours ago, Modori said:

It was done on a fresh install.

Here's what I get. Check your log file, and copy it to pastebin and link here if you want someone to look at it. Check that everything is cleaned as instructed in the blue banner above. Also delete any mods folder. If everything is clean and it still happens, it might be a memory thing.

A20.0_2021-12-14_23-05-35.thumb.jpg.1057c8649424944a692c5202fed8b184.jpg

4 hours ago, Star69 said:

Try removing your mods first then try to generate the same world. It’s possible the mods are interfering with generation.

I have removed my mods I believe. Did a fresh install. Unless theyre hiding somewhere.

There is a folder called Mods in your 7 Days directory that may or may not be deleted depending how you uninstall your game. Just delete that folder if it’s still there. I’ve never used mods myself so hopefully Unholy Joe’s suggestion will fix it.

Other than cleaning the data like Unholy Joe demonstrated above, then uninstall the game. Before reinstalling the game be sure you’re opting in to A20 then install. This assures that you have zero A19 files. If you really want to be thorough, after uninstalling, remove all folders that are named 7 Days to Die and The Fun Pimps. You’ll find them in your Steam folder as well as App Data ->I think Roaming or it could be Low. You can also search your registry and delete anything named 7 Days to Die or the Fun Pimps. After that install a fresh copy of A20.

23 hours ago, Star69 said:

Other than cleaning the data like Unholy Joe demonstrated above, then uninstall the game. Before reinstalling the game be sure you’re opting in to A20 then install. This assures that you have zero A19 files. If you really want to be thorough, after uninstalling, remove all folders that are named 7 Days to Die and The Fun Pimps. You’ll find them in your Steam folder as well as App Data ->I think Roaming or it could be Low. You can also search your registry and delete anything named 7 Days to Die or the Fun Pimps. After that install a fresh copy of A20.

Thanks homie.

It ended up being the registry. I guess it wasnt wiping correctly even after uninstalling from steam.