JaxTeller718 Presents Action Skills For A20

JaxTeller718

12 hours ago, Ryuudz said:

Something's going wrong here, and not sure why. Why would the skill points be reverting back to 0 without any outside causes?

unknown.pngunknown.png

Hi Ryuudz

That error that you show is strange, it has never happened to me (in my GK ActionSkills mod), maybe it could be due to some new mod that you installed and modified something in the shotguns.
Or you removed some mod that changed something on shotguns.
Regards

11 hours ago, Gouki said:

Hi Ryuudz

That error that you show is strange, it has never happened to me (in my GK ActionSkills mod), maybe it could be due to some new mod that you installed and modified something in the shotguns.
Or you removed some mod that changed something on shotguns.
Regards

Question, doing any form of adding buffs in other mods effect all buffs? Because that's the only thing I can think of. I create buffs for items for other mods but they don't effect this mod directly n or interact with this mod, so I wouldn't know if the game just treats a new buff or cvar added into the game in general count as a "Welp, new cvar exists, reset everything" or buff with the same statement in mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I'm not sure if I'm missing something, or just dumb but...I can't get this mod to work for the life of me, I've backed up and deleted any/all save files, generated worlds, other mods, etc. But short of fully uninstalling *EVERYTHING*, and reinstalling, I can't get it to work. I make a new game, on a new world, and once loaded in, open the "Skill" tab, and its literally just the default skills tab, nothing like in the pictures.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

EDIT: Found it through ModLauncher and its working now.

Edited by jksthe2nd
Found a fix (see edit history)

thank u for all your great work. I joined up just to let u know and see give some feedback.

ive been useing w00kenw00kie's The Winchester mod which features your great work. Truely feels like the way the game was meant to be. highly reccomend !!!!

his mod lets u add a multiplier for in citys and roaming hordes, I play on insane with x3 for both. with the drops being guarded and the high price of the shop its a real zombie apocalypse. I play with the better spears mod and tactical weapons. most works great. perfect synergy.

only problem is some weapons in tactical dont add skill points ( probably all havent tried). any info on how to fix this ( i didnt see anything to change in the files so im guessing its in the .dll) thank if u can help.

amazing work btw

P.S all these mods with some extra zombies and random boss's would make an amazing overhaul.

8 hours ago, noj said:

thank u for all your great work. I joined up just to let u know and see give some feedback.

ive been useing w00kenw00kie's The Winchester mod which features your great work. Truely feels like the way the game was meant to be. highly reccomend !!!!

his mod lets u add a multiplier for in citys and roaming hordes, I play on insane with x3 for both. with the drops being guarded and the high price of the shop its a real zombie apocalypse. I play with the better spears mod and tactical weapons. most works great. perfect synergy.

only problem is some weapons in tactical dont add skill points ( probably all havent tried). any info on how to fix this ( i didnt see anything to change in the files so im guessing its in the .dll) thank if u can help.

amazing work btw

P.S all these mods with some extra zombies and random boss's would make an amazing overhaul.

Regarding Tactical Weapons and skill points, it would probably be best if you used Jax's skill point mod then you could edit the XML to ensure the Tactical Weapons are included in the skills.  OR you could possibly speak to the Tactical Weapons PPL to see if they can adjust the naming conventions to see if they can be included that way. 

Either way using the DLL version will stop any customisation like this and IMO is not a great way to do things especially if it can be done without it being a DLL, more customisation is possible then.   DLLs do have their place in terms of being able to do stuff not possible with XML alone though.

thanks for the reply, great community here. Strangly as of today The Winchester mod has dissapeared. I have never done any editing of a XML or anything like this but i like the challenge. looking at the files from tactical weapons and stock i think it has something to do with the Tags or Meshfile. ill have to do some research. thanks

19 minutes ago, noj said:

thanks for the reply, great community here. Strangly as of today The Winchester mod has dissapeared. I have never done any editing of a XML or anything like this but i like the challenge. looking at the files from tactical weapons and stock i think it has something to do with the Tags or Meshfile. ill have to do some research. thanks

You may find this helpful: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JarAKrnrXURF5UjXphvGw9AA-3veUXgW/view

When @Tristam was doing Tactical Action (now Tactical Weapons by a diff modder) he created that patch for Jax's action skills, I am guessing you could base your changes on that, if the Tactical Weapons ppl have not altered the XML too much.   Hope it helps anyway!

Thank you !! that was exactly what i needed. adding this to my /Mods folder has fixed the problem. i did test it with The Winchester and weapons are adding points. I have not tested them all but I think that did it. Not sure about the drama going on with Wookie but hope the mod becomes available.

Just took a quick look at the items.xml from @tristam patch for Jax's action skills. Im sure some weapons are missing, So I will Try and add everything that is missing. any idea on where to post that for others. I dont want to upset anyone and im not sure on who gets credit for what. but Thanks @tristam for the work and Jax too. these mods were meant for each other so ill post a patch if i can get it to work.

thanks again for the quick response Mikey, I can see u are posting on some of the other mods im useing. anywhere i can go to find out what is happening with The winchester.

Edited by noj (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...