Turret/trap experience sharing suggestion

captincorpse

Not sure if this has been suggested or not but we should be able to share experience with traps while in party. Dart trap, SMG turret, Shotgun turret, etc. There are so many times that I play with friends and me being the night 7 base builder, I get all the experience that the these traps kill but my friends get none. Makes making a base with electric traps feel useless when I get nearly all the experience from a night 7. Maybe in a future Alpha, we could have experience sharing just like when a person gets the kill nearby party members.

Yeah, this has been requested and complained about for many years now.  MM had said they were looking in to it for possibly A19, but it never happened then or for this alpha either it seems. It is a serious oversight and issue for groups that play together and something I really wish they would resolve as well

I agree, we've been letting it slide for A19. Though it's a serious issue when I'm level 67 and everyone else is only 40. If it doesn't get implemented then I'll have to take the time to build 3 different horde bases (maybe 4) for me and my couple friends that play this game.

Then I'll have to set them up,, but make them place the blade and fence traps so we can all have our own personal horde base. "Who's the lowest level? .. alright, we're going to stay at your horde base for the next 7 days" is what it'll come down to.

3 hours ago, Darklegend222 said:

I agree, we've been letting it slide for A19. Though it's a serious issue when I'm level 67 and everyone else is only 40. If it doesn't get implemented then I'll have to take the time to build 3 different horde bases (maybe 4) for me and my couple friends that play this game.

Then I'll have to set them up,, but make them place the blade and fence traps so we can all have our own personal horde base. "Who's the lowest level? .. alright, we're going to stay at your horde base for the next 7 days" is what it'll come down to.

Having them place the traps won't work. You only get experience from trap kills if you invest in the perk, which means investing in intellect. Unless they are willing to spend the points to be able to get exp from traps, having their own horde exp base won't work.

You can make just one horde base and have someone with no points invested place all the traps. Then no one will get trap kill exp and the levels should remain similar.