Weazel Dreams

Weazelsun

Note that I know that some of the things I've dreamed on are already available via mods. But, in my opinion mods shouldn't be requirement just to see some of these.

Inventory Ideas

Bigger backpack

Nothing too fancy just an extra row. So, it'll have 50 inventory slots in total vs vanilla of 45. It will also make investing in the strong back perk something you'd probably want to do now since you have more inventory to be encumbered by.

Lock inventory slots

Being able to lock inventory slots would be a nice quality of life feature. It especially helps out when after a busy day of looting or depositing things in my chest that I won't have to worry about depositing something I didn't want to.

Sort by Price

Honestly, we really need in my opinion the ability to sort by price. Since traders are, well for some an integral part of their game play and being able to simply click a button. And have the most valuable things sorted already? Makes selling to the trader easy to do.

Pinning Recipes

Another in my opinion, quality of life addition. Pinning recipes would be helpful since some of us get forgetful and who wants to waste time having to reopen crafting menu to remember materials needed? Other games have something similar, why not 7 Days to Die.

Skill Perk Ideas

Lock picking Perk Change

This is more of an overhaul to have more blocks be lock-pick able such as doors. Now what I'm thinking is to have the perk if doors and other blocks can pick locked is to. Give each level of lock picking an easier chance to lock pick said item. So, for example without lvl 3 of lock picking you can still try to pick the lock of safe, but it'll be time-consuming and harder.

Item Ideas

Scrap Weapon & Tools Tier

Beating a dead horse, but to me it feels so jarring that essentially for much of the starting end and middle part of the game. A player will be using a stone axe until they decide its worthwhile to use an iron axe or tool. The way I see it basically goes from primitive age and then all of sudden once you have a forge, bam! You are now in the industrial age or part of it anyway. Having a scrap tier would ensure consistency. Furthermore, all scrap weapons and tools can be repaired with scrap iron.

Prefab & Builder ideas

More vehicle blocks

Primary something for prefab builders. Having additional new vehicle blocks like a firetruck, police car, or any other generic vehicle would be nice. Having those would be useful when making specific prefabs such as a fire station having an actual firetruck. Or say with A20 creating a car scene and having a police car.

Vehicle & Mod Ideas

BMX bike frame: Increases bunny hop distance. Not compatible with Mountain bike frame.

Mountain bike frame: Gives increased traction for the bicycle on gravel and dirt blocks. Not compatible with BMX bike frame.

Bicycle basket: Unlocks 1 additional row of inventory for the bicycle. Can be stacked.

Additional Drone mod ideas

HAM Radio Unit: Functions as a portable trader device that allows you to accept quests. However, you must still head to the physical trader location to turn-in quest.

Portable Mailbox: An upgrade for the HAM Radio Unit, this will allow you to turn-in a quest instead of having to head to the physical location of trader. But drone will be unavailable for 1 in-game hour.

Chef-o-Matic Feeder: Similar to the healing mod, this instead allows the drone to feed you with food or drink that is in its inventory.

Wildlife scanner: Scans the area for any type of animal and tracks it on your compass for 30 seconds. Can be toggled to auto-scan, however, has a cool-down period of 1 in-game day. Requisite: Targeting Array & Radar Dome. Not compatible with Ore Sniffer.

Targeting Array: Gives the drone ability to target NPCs.

Radar Dome: Gives the drone ability to scan area.

Ore Sniffer: Scans the area for any type of ore and tracks it on your compass for 30 seconds. Can be toggled to auto-scan, however, has a cool-down of 1 in-game day. Requisite: Radar Dome. Not compatible with Wildlife Scanner.

Combat AI: Allows the drone to be an offensive unit. Required for Turret attachment & Stun Pulse attachment.

Turret Attachment: Gives the drone a ranged weapon to fire at hostile NPCs. Requisite: Combat AI, Targeting Array, & Radar Dome.

Stun Pulse Attachment: Gives the drone the ability to stun an enemy. Requisite: Combat AI, Targeting Array, & Radar Dome.

Edited by Weazelsun
Changed title to Weazel Dreams, Formatted text. (see edit history)

• Weazelsun changed the title to Weazel Dreams
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2022 at 1:18 AM, Weazelsun said:

Something that I too would like from as I found it from a mod, is colored attribute text.image.png.fe7ecab72beb64f65676a3e519b94d35.png

I like several of these.. some thoughts/discussion if anyone is interested...

If this was done (and each attribute were a different color) it would be nice if the same colors were used in the item descriptions.

On 12/12/2021 at 5:38 PM, Weazelsun said:

HAM Radio Unit: Functions as a portable trader device that allows you to accept quests. However, you must still head to the physical trader location to turn-in quest.

Portable Mailbox: An upgrade for the HAM Radio Unit, this will allow you to turn-in a quest instead of having to head to the physical location of trader. But drone will be unavailable for 1 in-game hour.

This might be a little OP, but I like it.  Maybe the "quest request" could have a long delay (random? few game hours)

Wildlife scanner:

Might make the tracker perks a bit useless...but its so short lived. might be neat if it took awhile to run ( like took a few minutes or so, so as it finds animals you have to choose to go after it or keep scanning for another).  I'm assuming the "found animal would use the animal tracker symbols

Ore Sniffer:

same as above ( make it a slow scan to make it not something you want to do unless you're actually needing/looking for ores), but I'd say allow it a few more times a day (if scans are slow). Also: yeah, the vanilla game has ore deposits on the surface, but if they're "broken" then you cant see them.  Also: there are mods to remove surface ores and this would be really useful in those games.  I'm not sure if it should tell you what ores it finds ( might be weird if 5 ores exist) so maybe "ore found" especially if someone adds new ores to the game ( some mods do this) it wouldn't have the voice lines for them... so maybe an "unknown ore" option if it does tell you what ores are there. I do like the "tell me what ores are here" are odds are you're looking for a specific one.   Of course, coal/nitrate/shale kinda feel "not easily detectable" like iron is...with metal detectors.. hmmm....Maybe keep the radius tight or have perks/etc to expand it as well (especially if it tells you the  specific ores in the area).

Combat AI:

If this is added (along with other combat ideas above), it would be kinda cool to load the drone up with explosives (add to inventory) and then order it to attack (destroying the drone in the process).  might be neat when you're being overwhelmed, at the cost of losing the drone. Probably an issue in PvP but as long as it cannot be told to attack players.

Edited by doughphunghus (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

in my opinion mods shouldn't be requirement just to see some of these.

The reason mods are made/used is because EVERYONE has their own PERSONAL idea of what would make the game PERFECT for THEM. You have an extensive wish list. You've shown that some of what you want is available via a mod. Having the things you want via mod benefits you. It helps you enjoy the game more. Most of what you listed I personally don't see the need nor want in the vanilla game. With having them available via mod both you and I can enjoy and play the game as we want. 

Some of what you have listed I could get behind, but only because it personally appeals to me. And if it's available via mod, even better.  Don't dis the mod, they add replayability to the game. 

9 hours ago, Jinx_DG said:

The reason mods are made/used is because EVERYONE has their own PERSONAL idea of what would make the game PERFECT for THEM. You have an extensive wish list. You've shown that some of what you want is available via a mod. Having the things you want via mod benefits you. It helps you enjoy the game more. Most of what you listed I personally don't see the need nor want in the vanilla game. With having them available via mod both you and I can enjoy and play the game as we want. 

Some of what you have listed I could get behind, but only because it personally appeals to me. And if it's available via mod, even better.  Don't dis the mod, they add replayability to the game. 

I'm sorry, I did not mean to dis mods.  As an avid user of several mods, I love and support mod authors that are willing to out of the goodness of their heart make content for 7 days to die. With folks such as Subquake, Khaine, Arramus, Errornull, among others. This game would not have replayability. It is because of such mod authors we continue to see new content year after year.

Edited by Weazelsun (see edit history)