Simple things to implement

rashaverak

1) It is a little paradox that easiest way how to get hydratation is currently on desert. I would like the occurance of Yucca plant to be decreased about 5x, same for aloe, so that it is nice bonus to find it and not regular. I cannot really say how much it should be decreased maybe 10x, but right now it is absolutely common. 2) I dont like silly things, when my character has broken glass it is really silly to eat it and die when it is accidently clicked. Can this be removed ? Zombies are currently completely no thread at all but still I dont wont to day by similar 'features'. 3) Option in settings to grow plants in torch light.

1) You can't really hydrate in the desert via the yucca plants straight. You still need the glass jars to make them anyway. But since glass jars are common and reusable now, I can see where you're pointing at. However, if they were indeed to reduce the amount of yucca plants. They will need to give us the option to be able to farm them. Actually, they should just give us the ability to farm any type of plant that can be grown. Goldenrods, red flowers, coffee, yucca, aloe, etc. 2) They removed the suicide button, so the one way they gave it back was to allow players to eat broken glass. Anyway, if you were to put broken glass on your hotbar and then accidentally click it.... well, can't really blame the game for it now really.... 3) No. There is a reason why the Pimps removed the ability to grow plants in torch light. Firstly, its to prevent underground farming and thus allowing players to essentially hide out underground the whole time. Second, if we're talking realism, being able to grow plants via torchlight is just plain silly. A torch light is never gonna output enough light spectrums to be able to realistically grow crops. Sure, in theory, fire light can work. But you'd need a bonfire so big you'd probably burn the place down before you can even get any plants growing. So just using torch light to be able to grow an entire farm is just unrealistic and would be contradictory to the essence of the game.

2) that really doesnt make sense, if you want to suicide yourself it is in situation without solution, this happens rarely and hardly I can imagine player to have the galss with him all the time and use the valuable inventory place. And actually I didnt click it accidentaly i wanted to place it on the floor because that is logical, as a trap. What is not logicaly is that it get eaten. 3) why have so many people the needs to force others to play their way ? You find it not realistic, I agree. I would still like it in case i decide to build underground fortress, what does it bring it to you to remove me this option in my Single player game ? I said option to settings not for everyone in default. Btw as soon as electric generators are available, underground farms will become realistic.

Using grow lights (best ones to use is high pressure Sodium) is expensive in both material and energy cost realisticly speaking. Your average Sodium light is a 400-600 watt lightbulb, you need reflectors because otherwise more than 3 quarters of the amount of light would radiate sideways and upwards and not being of any use. In reality each fixture will cost you about 200-300 Euro's, and that's apart from the balancers and other stuff you need and the electricity bill. And that is why greenhouse farmers will still use daylight because it is free. But if you grow (illegal almost anywhere in the world) Marijuana you would like to go underground (an enclosed building would also do well) and you would need 1 light fixture per square meter and since this is about growing food underground, in a realistic world you would need about 100 square meter per person per year to grow your stuff and you would still need to supplement it with gathering and hunting food from the outside.

[QUOTE=rashaverak;127774] 3) Option in settings to grow plants in torch light.[/QUOTE] You don't even need torch. You con dig a simple 1 block hole from the surface down into your farm-room. Close the hole with a window so no Zs cann fall down. You can bring the sunlight down to you farm that way and grow whatever you want. The light works for up to 6 (or maybe 5) tiles next to the hole. It's not exactly what you suggested, but allows you to grow undergrounds.

Archived