A true sign of a post-apoc society - heads on pikes!

TheObserver

Throughout human history, we as a species have used different measures to convey to the "other" (no matter who or what they are) that "there are strong people here, so don't ♥♥♥♥ with us". In warlike/survivalist societies (and by no coincidence I'm sure, a lot of post-apocalyptic fiction), the common way to show this was by decapitating your enemies and displaying their heads outside the camp or stronghold, both as a method of intimidation, and also inspiring your warriors with visual signs of their success. What I'm envisioning is a where when a player has a Hunting Knife in their inventory and are in range of a fallen zombie, and they would have a "behead" option (maybe just a picture of a head) - it would take the same time and make the same cutting noises as "searching" a dead animal while also destroying the body in the process (to avoid having to create a headless model). Now, carrying around a decomposing zombie head wouldn't be the healthiest of options, so every so often, a resistance check would need to be made or the player would get Infected as with a normal zombie bite. Now that the player has a trophy of their victory, they would need to display it to the world. It would be simple enough to combine a Sharpened Stick with the zombie head, which a player could then attach to a wall or plant on the ground like a torch. The purpose of this (aside from appearances) would also aid the players - when a number of zombie heads are close to each other (say, three or four), it would apply a small buff to nearby players (like a 5% increased chance to inflict a critical hit or something similar). The flavor text for the buff or the piked head could say something like: "Although not the most pleasant thing to look at, this grim reminder that the Walkers can be killed is a little inspiring. Bring 'em on!" Of course, there would also be the matter of decapitating [I]humans[/I] and posting their heads for all to see, but since PC's only explode and leave backpacks at the present time, that will need to wait for a later release to be realized...

Sounds abit like The Forest where you can make effigys to scare away the mutant cannibals who will otherwise hunt you... Frankly I don't think they should include it since it will be rather too similar and secondly, the demographic audience for this game is pretty large so yeah, best keep it that way.

[QUOTE=Euzio;127806]Sounds abit like The Forest where you can make effigys to scare away the mutant cannibals who will otherwise hunt you... Frankly I don't think they should include it since it will be rather too similar and secondly, the demographic audience for this game is pretty large so yeah, best keep it that way.[/QUOTE] To be honest, I hadn't even heard of The Forest before now, so thanks for giving me something new to look into, I suppose. However, I don't think that's enough of a reason to disregard the idea outright - remember that no matter what, 7 Days is a [I]zombie game[/I]; one in a market of many (many, [I]many)[/I] games, and yet more and more it's standing out on its own. Secondly, this game could be seen as a pretty blatant derivative of Minecraft (especially in the earlier versions, and [I]especially[/I] with the random world generator), and that hasn't stopped people from enjoying it. Also, nowhere in my suggestion did I say that the heads should stop or deter the zombies in any way - because, to put it bluntly, they're too stupid to recognize what it means.

I not agree with heads on stick, the zombies was human before and make such thing will lead humanity to go into barbaric animals that only know predate and kill, to boost morale for survivor better make some poster that say we can fight this or write grafity on the wall that say we are human and we will make everything better again by work together We are modern human , to go back into primitive human again was a massive failure of what we (all human from history) was achieve all this time

...it's a video game, you understand? More to the point, have you read the flavor text for some of the crafting manuals? ""Do you feel lucky punk? You should because this guide shows you how to craft 44 Magnum rounds. which will blow a zombie's head clean off". "Give a man a shotgun shell and he can kill one walker, teach a man how to craft a shotgun shell and he can kill'em all". Like it or not, this game is "The [I]Survival[/I] Horde Crafting Game". You basically start out with nothing and need to slowly build up your power base, and you are faced with an often hostile environment with things that want to kill you. You scrounge around in the remains of society or you go native and live off the land, but you [I]survive[/I] first. Some people take to that more extremely than others. If you want to roleplay as someone who always remembers that the wandering dead - the dead who want nothing more than to kill them and will claw through solid rock to do so - are [I]people[/I], then that is your right as a person living in comfort (even relatively compared to the rest of the world). If, on the other hand, you want to play as someone who remembers returning to the cabin in the woods they managed to come across, half-starved and trying to cook a meal, only to hear the relentless snarling of the undead trying to break down the only thing keeping them alive - If you want to play as someone who has to sneak a blasted wasteland with a broken leg after jumping from the second floor of that cabin, desperately keeping their eyes peeled for zombie dogs and listening to the constant drone of hornet wings as they fly overhead, eating what little food you had manage to cook while trying to keep down what you didn't (better than just abandoning it or leaving it in your backpack to attract the walkers) - If you want to play as someone who happened on a city - and also a zombie horde - while hunting through buildings for something - [I]anything[/I] - to hold them back, to keep them off, to keep you alive for just an hour, just a minute, [I]just a moment more, please![/I] To fight for your life. To know you are alive for that moment, because they are not. To declare your victory against not only the zombies, but [I]death itself[/I]. [SIZE=1]RULES OF NATURE!!![/SIZE]

I see that you can't afford being other people don't agree with your idea, don't say "this is video game, you understand?" I know it's just a video game and I don't agree with your idea while I know you can suggest everything in video game and even I don't agree with your idea but dev like your idea and implemented it to the game, I won't rant about it You too suggest an idea for video game, so relax and enjoy our tea If you suggest 44 magnum rounds can blow off zombie head, I like it and agree with that idea

[QUOTE=Lexicroft;128340]I see that you can't afford being other people don't agree with your idea, don't say "this is video game, you understand?"[/QUOTE] You see a lot more than what I said, and I'm not trying to pick a fight. Make your arguments out of thought, not out of emotion, please. Let's look at your suggestion: "to boost morale for survivor better make some poster that say we can fight this or write grafity on the wall that say we are human and we will make everything better again by work together". You seem to be arguing from idealism - something which only those who can afford to be do. Living day by day with an ideal in your heart is good - even essential - but we can't escape our base nature - to fight for us and our people, to regard the "other" with suspicion and hostility if it warrants (and even when it doesn't), to do what needs to be done when the alternative is to lay down and die. If that means cutting off the heads of the walkers to prove that the strength of our arm is greater than theirs, to give us a reason to endure, then that is not a bad thing. [QUOTE]"I know it's just a video game and I don't agree with your idea while I know you can suggest everything in video game and even I don't agree with your idea but dev like your idea and implemented it to the game, I won't rant about it You too suggest an idea for video game, so relax and enjoy our tea If you suggest 44 magnum rounds can blow off zombie head, I like it and agree with that idea "[/QUOTE] Lexicroft, you missed the entire point of what I was saying with the quote above. Please go back and read it more carefully, and consider what it means about the world in which it was written - the writers [I]don't consider the zombies to be people[/I].

[QUOTE=TheObserver;128348]You see a lot more than what I said, and I'm not trying to pick a fight. Make your arguments out of thought, not out of emotion, please.[/QUOTE] lol , should you make that accuse back to you You don't consider zombie to be people but it was a people before and head on stick audience is people I should just say "I disagree" without everything else in the first place

Archived