We still need more zombies. Feral sense doesn´t do the trick.

pApA^LeGBa

36 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Survivalist in SP, Warrior on the server.

I mean there is a bit more action, but that´s mostly when i am in a quest POI wrenching things or fighting and the noise attracts a few from outside. Traveling to the POI or to the buried supplies quest is running trough an empty world.

Prior to A20 I was messing with the xml spawns and I 3x or 3/ every setting ie. 3x more spawn at 3x the frequency per day. It was REALLY fun, but the speed of game stage got out of hand and I got crushed fairly quickly. How slow do you want the burn? I think that should be an esoteric setting like old Ultima games in the 90's when they drew the tarot cards...

I played with jaxtellers 4x spawn mod in A19, no clue what the mod does to the spawn frequency. Yeah gamestage did become a problem. That´s why i added the slow leveling mod. Helped a little bit. It´s challenging but fun. 

Romero mod does 8x spawn with huge wandering hordes and headshots only. I would play that but there is no bloodmoon. And as i am not into modding myself, i have no clue how to get bloodmoon back myself.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

Can someone point me in the right direction for where to post this. Whenever I try to generate a new world on 7DTD A20 the whole world is completely underwater with land spikes all over the map, or the game errors in the console and doesn't load into the world. Any suggestions?

Screen shot of error code in console https://ibb.co/CQvQPmh

1 hour ago, TRNR said:

Can someone point me in the right direction for where to post this. Whenever I try to generate a new world on 7DTD A20 the whole world is completely underwater with land spikes all over the map, or the game errors in the console and doesn't load into the world. Any suggestions?

Screen shot of error code in console https://ibb.co/CQvQPmh

When other people have experienced this type of problem, it has been due to generating worlds of the wrong size. The worlds you generate need to be multiples of 1024 so a 6K map would actually be 6144K, 8k is 8192 etc. Check your world size first and see if it is a multiple of 1024

Not remotely an issue I've experienced, but I don't know what "more" looks like to you. 

We've experienced a solid increase, and they seem to have brought back the "magnetism" aspect of the wandering zombies. If you're going through the empty portions, you'll note less and I don't want zombies there as it makes no sense but also needlessly pads out travel. If you mean cities, I don't know we want the same thing, as I've noticed a massive change in both behaviour and number. Even at night, in our base they show up now, which never happened previously save screamers. Landclaim block did its job and we were pretty safe (always made a base far from a massive POI)

Given the changes at hand, I don't know I personally want more, honestly. I was pretty damn good at A19, and on day one in A20 I died. Not because of any lack of skill or poor choices, just because there's a difference now and it's notable. 

I think the answer for those like you would have to be a sort of controllable "z" count along with difficulty. Like a multiplier for spawns. Personally, at stock difficulty, I don't need more. Granted it's all still first blush with A20, but I'm plenty challenged.  

@Lenny Lettuce Lips I traveled 500 meters to my quest and didn´t see a single zombie. In a town. That´s no fun at all. On most other occasions going to my quests i saw like 2 or 3 at most. And those did sense me from further away than usual so the feral sense is working.

When we went downtown in our MP we got 6 or 7 of them on a bigger crossroad and 2 on every other corner. That´s what i actually want everywhere. Remember when we had hubcity were you had to be a mad man to go there in your first few days because there were cops and dogs all over the place? I want that sense of fear back. (In SP it´s kinda there again, downtown is more dangerous when you are alone)

After all we aren´t playing a survival simulator that has dungeons with enemies.

To me it makes a lot of sense that there should be a lot of zombies in a town. Tbh i don´t see why it wouldn´t.

10 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Romero mod does 8x spawn with huge wandering hordes and headshots only. I would play that but there is no bloodmoon. And as i am not into modding myself, i have no clue how to get bloodmoon back myself.

This actually sounds like an awesome mod. Is it available for A20 yet?

I managed to gash open my mouse hand on Monday and now with the stitches, I haven't been able to play yet, but I am hoping for A15 numbers of zombies in cities and proper day hordes.

@hotpoon Doesn´t look like it. But i am sure it will come. I guess he will take care of Darkness Falls first as it is the more popular mod. 

I just saw that jaxteller already has his modlets ready for A20, there are 2x, 3x, 4x spawn multipliers available.

Good luck with your hand man.

19 hours ago, Roland said:

I still think it will.

But even if it doesn't-- increasing the number and frequency of respawn is the easiest edits there are. Sure, its not ideal for those who refuse to go there but it is extremely easy to change those settings for anyone who really cares to do it.

On the topic of more zombies, whatever happened to your zero XP mod with Trolland's more zombies? Did you end up shelving it after all until gold release so you don't have to update it every alpha? That mod was awesome; the motivation to not die was perfect. I tried searching the forum for the original post but couldn't find it.

1 minute ago, b1gpoop said:

On the topic of more zombies, whatever happened to your zero XP mod with Trolland's more zombies? Did you end up shelving it after all until gold release so you don't have to update it every alpha? That mod was awesome; the motivation to not die was perfect. I tried searching the forum for the original post but couldn't find it.

It is in development hell.

18 hours ago, Star69 said:

When other people have experienced this type of problem, it has been due to generating worlds of the wrong size. The worlds you generate need to be multiples of 1024 so a 6K map would actually be 6144K, 8k is 8192 etc. Check your world size first and see if it is a multiple of 1024

I'm using the default world sizes so far the 6k and 8k sizes have both caused it to happen.

7 hours ago, eXSe said:

And if you're really masochistic, just turn feral sense to ALL (meaning both day and night) and enjoy the pain 😁

Does feral sense make them smarter or sense you without line of sight? If so, I'll leave that off. I just want lots of stupid zombies.

Well, if you want action, if you really want action, you must play with an "x8" zombie spawn mod. Or made the changes to the xml yourself.

That's non stop zombie action. You can't raid a POI without an endless chain of zombies coming to greet you.

I removed after a little while because I don't want action!! (And because I thought that was crashing my game, but turned out that was a completely unrelated issue).

That was back into A19.

By the way, once you clear a place of zombies, let say, around my base, someone knows how long it will take until they respawn?

On 12/7/2021 at 2:20 AM, pApA^LeGBa said:

Still an empty world. 500 meters to my quest, not a single zombie seen. Yes, feral sense is on. They did come when i was in the quest POI, but only two of them, wich happened in a19 aswell most of the times.

Dug up some clay, no one disturbed me.

Feels nothing like what @Roland described in his topic.

More zombies please. At least double them.

On a sidenote: Is a feral zombie on a tier one quest intended? Also 6 chickens in one POI seems a bit OP for day 1? Both in the dead rooster.

Dead rooster has some changes coming up for it.

Kinda @%$#ed that they removed the cheerleader, charger ( football player ), and the farmer zombies. The high school and large farms aren't the same without them.

In all honesty, I think the "feral" option is bugged. Even on "all", I can still sneak right up to them ( no skill points to do so ).