We still need more zombies. Feral sense doesn´t do the trick.

pApA^LeGBa

Still an empty world. 500 meters to my quest, not a single zombie seen. Yes, feral sense is on. They did come when i was in the quest POI, but only two of them, wich happened in a19 aswell most of the times.

Dug up some clay, no one disturbed me.

Feels nothing like what @Roland described in his topic.

More zombies please. At least double them.

On a sidenote: Is a feral zombie on a tier one quest intended? Also 6 chickens in one POI seems a bit OP for day 1? Both in the dead rooster.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Still an empty world. 500 meters to my quest, not a single zombie seen. Yes, feral sense is on. They did come when i was in the quest POI, but only two of them, wich happened in a19 aswell most of the times.

On a sidenote: Is a feral zombie on a tier one quest intended? Also 6 chickens in one POI seems a bit OP for day 1? Both in the dead rooster.

Have you restarted your game every in game day? And how often are you exploring, spawns do get backed up over time.

I've been restarting at 04:00 every in game day, and I am constantly getting surrounded 24/7.

2 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Yes, in fact i did. Not on purpose tough.

Also if this is needed, it sucks. How should that work on MP? Does everyone have to leave the server and i have to restart the server every hour? Meh.

Hourly restarts have always been a thing in gaming, and depending on server specs it shouldn't take more than 4-5 minutes to start back up which is plenty of time for a break to get water and go to the bathroom in person.

Have you tried verifying files because I've only had your issue when I don't restart the world after every hour.

11 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Are you telling me that it´s normal to do an hourly restart? What? No way.

So far every game i played online worked fine with a 24hour restart including 7 days and SP the smae. Every hour is just riddiculous.

It's normal for games in Early Access that have the issues of which this game suffers. So yes, I am.

It's currently in experimental so you should take the proper steps for a bug report about zombie spawns getting backed up, and have you exited the game after you generated the world?

There's a known bug of memory allocation when you don't exit the game after generating a new world. So generate a new world and exit the game after it's finished, then play on the new one. Which may fix the issue and save you the hassle of doing a bug report.

Edited by Darklegend222
Grammar (see edit history)

If logout/login cycle respawns the zeds in an area, that's a bug, not a feature. Or am I missing some other way that a relog should increase the amount of zeds?

Not doing any intentional resets myself, having feral sense on in a city seems to bring in some extras now and then. Wilderness seems pretty empty in comparison, had a 4 or 5 total jogging after me when getting an air drop - one by one, with a little gap in between.

Edited by theFlu (see edit history)

43 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Still an empty world. 500 meters to my quest, not a single zombie seen. Yes, feral sense is on. They did come when i was in the quest POI, but only two of them, which happened in A19 as well most of the times.

I noticed the low population of zombies after playing for a while with feral since on. Day 1 started with a bunch of them in the nearby town but on Day 2+ there were considerably less zombies in the same town.

Also, I too encountered a feral zombie in a tier 1 quest. I guess it depends on the POI the quest targets.

5 minutes ago, theFlu said:

If logout/login cycle respawns the zeds in an area, that's a bug, not a feature. Or am I missing some other way that a relog should increase the amount of zeds?

It is definitely a bug

Edited by TheDay755Hero (see edit history)

7 minutes ago, theFlu said:

Not doing any intentional resets myself, having feral sense on in a city seems to bring in some extras now and then. Wilderness seems pretty empty in comparison, had a 4 or 5 total jogging after me when getting an air drop.

It seems they just stay around forever and only 64 zombies can be spawned in at a time unless using the entity menu. I've been restarting my game every single hour at 04:00 and it keeps all the spawns fresh.

Had a bear, 2 wolves, 3 rabbits, some chickens and 2 wandering hordes. Almost every day consistently so far. I'm glad for the pipe weapons!

Edit: I forgot to add that spawns get backed up and as you leave areas the chunks get unloaded and the enemies within them don't despawn. It'll cause the spawn counter to be all the way up and less will spawn over time until you restart, or kill the spawned ones.

Edited by Darklegend222 (see edit history)

6 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

I've had both experiences. There are times I just can't get the buried supplies dug up because I am constantly being interrupted by zombies but there have been other times where everyone must be at the zombie convention

@Roland The point is also that towns are still empty if you run trough them, the game still feels empty, that´s a huge minus for a game especially for a zombie game that has horde in the subtitle.

And even when they sense me, it´s still only 8 per chunk, nothing that makes, oh no, i need to pay a lot more attention or down the difficulty.

I mean yes there are mods, but they should really be looking forward to make the game actually beeing a zombie game without mods. 

And you and TFP said hardware is limiting this, so bandits won´t change a lot here.

I made my point that the ancient minimum specs for like 5% of the players should not outweigh 95% of the players and how your game is received by new or potential players and reviewers. Those don´t give a single F about mods.

I agree and we will have to see what they ultimately do. I doubt they will increase zombies, however, until they've added bandits and see where things are. If they load up the zombies now and then have to dial them back to fit bandits in then people will scream that TFP takes away every time they add. Better to mod in greater numbers for now until they've added all entities they are going to add and then they can experiment with raising levels of zombies and testing performance and making that tough decision of what minimum specs they will support.

1 hour ago, Boidster said:

LOL WAT

My mom always kicked me off my Colecovision after an hour to go play outside. It's a real thing.

I think some sort of higher level simulation would solve this issue. Spawning them in randomly can feel strange at times, especially in a scenario where you cleared the area just to return with a bunch of more zombies waiting. I've sort of circumvented this issue with 

I'll have to look into getting this to work for A20 also. Now with much better C# mod support this shouldn't be too difficult anymore.

So I’ve played 4 hours (4 in game days) of A20 so far. Overall I think it’s much improvement from A19, but will say spawns are hit and miss at times. 

I’ve had times running through town where I don’t see, but 1 or 2… but again I’m running through town and zombies are walking… might not be a lack of Zeds, but the fact I’m faster.

With Feral sense set to “all” I don’t feel I can go into town at night atm. I tried to do a tier 2 restore power and had to go through down town… short story is I couldn’t make it due to 15+ zeds running at me and ended up dying. So that is a good improvement imo…

Are spawns as good as alphas 1-12? No, but I think it is much better than A19 and I’m sure things may get tweaked a bit more.

Edited by Spuder (see edit history)

The resetting every hour thing is a bit extreme, but.... it's true. Passive animals have been bugged ever since I can remember, so Day 1 on a server you can see stuff everywhere and after that, almost nothing. unless you reset. Hostile entities seem better at despawning when the player is out of range but I guess they aren't perfect either.

I wish there was less CPU expensive way to get big hoards of zombies in this game, but it's just not something we're ever going to see with the limitations in 7DTD.

Burried supply quests are interesting. Every time you dig enough blocks for the circle to shrink, the game spawns a half dozen zombies. I wonder if it was a quest adjustment or if it’s a function of feral sense? In either case, buried supplies are more challenging and good xp….I love it!!

51 minutes ago, Lemmers said:

The resetting every hour thing is a bit extreme, but.... it's true. Passive animals have been bugged ever since I can remember, so Day 1 on a server you can see stuff everywhere and after that, almost nothing. unless you reset. Hostile entities seem better at despawning when the player is out of range but I guess they aren't perfect either.

I wish there was less CPU expensive way to get big hoards of zombies in this game, but it's just not something we're ever going to see with the limitations in 7DTD.

I just started the game (04:00), I had a quest to go to another trader 1.8KM away. I've only been taking the main road and I've killed 4 chickens, 5 rabbits and about 20-30 zombies and I'm at 07:40. It's literally to the point where if I don't stop killing, my entire day will be wasted just getting to the trader. It's amazing, but very tedious at the same time having to kill everything or spawns get backed up.

Edited by Darklegend222 (see edit history)

4 hours ago, warmer said:

what are your settings? I am on vanillaa difficulty and I am seeing at least 3x zeds in my travels. Sure you can clear an area for a while before they spawn, but I am seeing many more in forest cities than I did previously.

Survivalist in SP, Warrior on the server.

I mean there is a bit more action, but that´s mostly when i am in a quest POI wrenching things or fighting and the noise attracts a few from outside. Traveling to the POI or to the buried supplies quest is running trough an empty world. 3 visited while doing the buried quest wich was acutally a challenge due to not beeing able to leave the area. But i am not gonna do these a lot, only one or two right at start. (Unless the tier 3 buried are really worth it, not there yet)

Went for clay again today, dug up half a stack (3000) in peace.

Downtown has more action yeah, but that´s like the bare minimum we should have in the in the suburbs already.

8 zombies per chunk simply isn´t enough. But let´s see what the future brings. As Roland said, the internet would cry out loud if they turned up the spawn now and then have to turn it down again when bandits come

@Roland What about the slider for the spawnrate in the options? I remember that when it was removed and i complained that i was told from either you or someone from the Q&A that it will return someday.

3 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@Roland What about the slider for the spawnrate in the options? I remember that when it was removed and i complained that i was told from either you or someone from the Q&A that it will return someday.

I still think it will.

But even if it doesn't-- increasing the number and frequency of respawn is the easiest edits there are. Sure, its not ideal for those who refuse to go there but it is extremely easy to change those settings for anyone who really cares to do it.

It´s not only about refusing to mod, it´s also annoying if you have to switch back and forth between playing alone and MP.

Well time will show. Until then i will have a lot of fun for sure, even with lower numbers until the spawn mod comes again. It´s a great update, towns are amazing now, we got vehicle mods and the drone (can´t wait to get one), tons of new POI´s.