A19 Prefab converter to A20

FranticDan

36 minutes ago, FranticDan said:

I've tried looking, is there a prefab converter so we can convert our A19 prefabs to A20?

Yes 

Start game 

Where new game continue game is etc.  

Press f1 for console. 

Input - 

prefabupdater loadtable

Press enter.

Then type:

prefabupdater updateblocks

Hit ESC to close console

Play game.

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

Hey stall, have you had any instances where it just seemed it skip a POI and not convert it? It worked for all of my Wasteland POIs, but my vehicle Mechanic trader POI just does not get converted when I run the commands. Tried moving it into the vanilla POI folder, still didn't work. Just says it changed 0 entries. Only thing different from all the others is that it's a trader POI.

EDIT: So I had some errors as it had custom blocks and I had some of the read/write errors. Fixed what I could in Unity and updated the unity3d file and tried again. Worked like normal this time. So I guess it didn't like the block errors.

Edited by bdubyah (see edit history)

On 12/8/2021 at 7:21 PM, bdubyah said:

Hey stall, have you had any instances where it just seemed it skip a POI and not convert it? It worked for all of my Wasteland POIs, but my vehicle Mechanic trader POI just does not get converted when I run the commands. Tried moving it into the vanilla POI folder, still didn't work. Just says it changed 0 entries. Only thing different from all the others is that it's a trader POI.

EDIT: So I had some errors as it had custom blocks and I had some of the read/write errors. Fixed what I could in Unity and updated the unity3d file and tried again. Worked like normal this time. So I guess it didn't like the block errors.

Not at all it worked for all. 

If you have a back up version that you hadn't converted try re doing the steps with that poi/s only

• 4 weeks later...

I am able to get them updated and placed in map, but I don't have a clue how to remove those blue ? boxes. I can figure out that those were items that are no longer supported but is it possible to remove the blue blocks in editor? I just can't figure it out.  Any help? Thanks. The way I was able to get the map to show up was like it was said above. Load it on prefab editor and save it and then it will show up when you place it in world editor. 

Edited by TataBear (see edit history)

Just wanted to pop in and share the blocks i've found that won't convert.

A19[Fountain] --> A20[drinkingfountainsingle] (There is also a double version)
A19[scrapironmaster] --> A20[corrugatedmetalblock] (No direct replacement equivalent)
A19[scrapironramp] --> A20[corrugatedmetalramp] (No direct replacement equivalent)
A19[scrapironcnrramp] --> A20[corrugatedmetalcnrramp] (No direct replacement equivalent)
A19[scrapironcnrrampfiller] --> A20[corrugatedmetalshapes:rampcornerfiller] (No direct replacement equivalent)
A19[cntgaspump] --> A20[cntgaspumpempty]/[cntGasPumpRandomLootHelper]
A19[cntcoffin] --> A20[cntcoffinwildwestrandomhelper]
A19[haybaleblock] --> A20[haybalesquare] (old single voxel block is gone, now a 2x1 block)
A19[steelsupport] --> A20[steelshapes:pillarcrosssupport]
A19[Chainlinkpole] --> A20[Chainlinkfencepole]
A19[chainlink] --> A20[chainlinkfencebottomplain]
A19[chainlinkfencebottompole] > A20[chainlinkfencemiddlerailpoleleft]
A19[chainlinkfencetop] --> A20[chainlinkfencetopplainrail]
A19[chainlinkfencetoppole2] --> A20[chainlinkfencemiddlerailpoleleft]
A19[chainlinkfencetoppole] --> A20[chainlinkfencetopplainpoleright]
A19[chainlinkcornerbottom] --> A20[chainlinkfencemiddlerailpoleleft]
A19[chainlinkcornertop] --> A20 [chainlinkfencetopplaincorner]
A19[cntmicrowaveovenrandomloothelper] > A20[cntmicrowaverandomloothelper]
A19[poletop01] -->  A20[utilitytransformer] (A20 replacement is actually multiple blocks)

On 1/7/2022 at 10:58 PM, TataBear said:

I am able to get them updated and placed in map, but I don't have a clue how to remove those blue ? boxes. I can figure out that those were items that are no longer supported but is it possible to remove the blue blocks in editor? I just can't figure it out.  Any help? Thanks. The way I was able to get the map to show up was like it was said above. Load it on prefab editor and save it and then it will show up when you place it in world editor. 

The way i do it is have an a19 install and a a20 install. Run the converter in a20 and note where blocks are still missing and return to the a19 editor. Use the replace blocks in on of the tabs to replace that problem block with a "placeholder block" this can be any block that 1. isn't used anywhere in your prefab and 2. has no problems converting to a20 blocks. Once you've done this and are in a20 again replace that placeholder block with the a20 equivalent. Tedious but gets the job done.

On 12/16/2021 at 9:11 PM, RoPa said:

I've tried numerous times to load the NEPA POI, and it never shows up in the game.  Also, the Woodbury POI.

I use the Open POI Teleporter and it doesn't find it.

Here is the load details.

2116215971_nepanot.png.db37844962e35d0ba428e7a06775c732.png

Any help is appreciated.

If those prefabs are from a19 they won't work in rwg without adding this line to them in the prefabs xml file
<property name="Tags" value="wilderness" /> 
Just give it the appropriate tag and it will spawn in a20 rwg (this assumes that the prefab has had it's blocks converted to a20 blocks)

welcome, their are 2 types of major alpha updates it seems for prefabs. 

1. Shorter dev time alphas, a18, a19 
2. Longer alphas A17, a20
The longer an alpha is in development the greater the chance there will be significant changes to convert older prefabs. However as much of a pain as it can be, i don't think there has ever been a time were older prefabs could not be converted (At least since i've been making prefabs). So if it is still possible at all i won't complain (much anyway XD)

Thank you very much! It has been very time consuming to say the least. Those gosh darn chain link fences..... Was able to get them going now like you said. 

I was a bit confused on the part where you stated that I could use the replace blocks tab and use a place holder block. I am not able to find that selection for replace blocks. Is there a way to post a screen shot of this tab or function? Thanks. I am getting this pink block now, not sure what the difference from the blue blocks and pink blocks. Like in a20 i see 3 blue blocks, i go into a19 and i only see 2 pink blocks? 

Edited by TataBear (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
On 1/10/2022 at 1:20 PM, Naz said:

The way i do it is have an a19 install and a a20 install. Run the converter in a20 and note where blocks are still missing and return to the a19 editor. Use the replace blocks in on of the tabs to replace that problem block with a "placeholder block" this can be any block that 1. isn't used anywhere in your prefab and 2. has no problems converting to a20 blocks.

I had a  lot of chain link fence in my a19 prefabs, and your list of 'blocks that won't convert' really helped.

FYI: I was able to also do this: I took your list and (capitalization of block names was important, I had to update the list, what I used is below), added these entries to /Config/Blockupdates.csv file

chainLinkPole,chainlinkFencePole,Alpha.20.0.122,Replaced,
chainLink,chainlinkFenceBottomPlain,Alpha.20.0.122,Replaced,
chainLinkFenceBottomPole,chainlinkFenceMiddleRailPoleLeft,Alpha.20.0.122,Replaced,
chainLinkFenceTop,chainlinkFenceTopPlainRail,Alpha.20.0.122,Replaced,
chainLinkFenceTopPole2,chainlinkFenceMiddleRailPoleLeft,Alpha.20.0.122,Replaced,
chainLinkFenceTopPole,chainlinkFenceTopPlainPoleRight,Alpha.20.0.122,Replaced,
chainLinkCornerBottom,chainlinkFenceMiddleRailPoleLeft,Alpha.20.0.122,Replaced,
chainLinkCornerTop,chainlinkFenceTopPlainCorner,Alpha.20.0.122,Replaced,

then loaded up the POI editor, and entered these in the command line:

prefabupdater loadtable

[Press enter]

prefabupdater updateblocks

[Press enter]

No changes appear (if a POI with blue blocks was loaded), but there will be some lines logged in the command window (containing blocks updated, etc)

Then, load/reload my POI.. BOOM! no blue blocks!  I didn't have any of the "was 1 block, is now 2" so I didn't see if that also works

HOWEVER! The way it converts these blocks is a little wonky, so the chain link doesn't line up well (top and bottom is off sometimes, corners are off) BUT I can just delete them in the a20 POI editor and replace since they are no longer blue blocks.

Edited by doughphunghus (see edit history)