RELXIX A20 XML Modlets - (UI, Menu Settings, Blocks, Loot, EntityClasses, Night Vision) - A20

Red Eagle LXIX

Some A20 updates for my modlets.  Screenshots in the reply.

GitHub Repository Link: https://github.com/RELXIX-7DTD/A20_XML_Modlets

RELXIX_Blocks_AllShortGrass
Makes all the grasses in the game short.  Leaves Snowberry normal due to it blocking building.  Now you can more easily see what to clear for building.

RELXIX_Blocks_PickThisUp
Enable CanPIckUp on several items throughout the game world. (curtains, miniblinds)

RELXIX_Blocks_TreeDrops
In addition to any default or perk drops this mod adds a small chance for the following items to drop from Trees when chopped down: Eggs, Feathers, Honey.  The number of drops over 1000 trees is insignificant.  I did this more for atmosphere.

RELXIX_EntityClasses_TimeStayAfterDeath
Adjusts the TimeStayAfterDeath for entities (extending DroppedLoot container times, etc).

RELXIX_Loot_MorePots
Adds more pots to the world by adding them as a specific item to cupboards.  It is unrealistic with multi-burner stoves to think everyone cleared out most/all their pots and pans as the world ended.

RELXIX_Shapes_RestoreShapesHP  - This sets all shapes back to the way they used to be with full HP based on b218.  This is because their cost and upgrade costs did not change, only their value/Hit Points which is unfair, IMHO.  Who wants to pay for a full steel block and only get something weaker than concrete?  Not me.  -- Deprecated as of b237.  b237 adds scaling cost feature (and also reverted a number of blocks to prior full strength).

RELXIX_UI_CompassCenterHighlight
Adds a highlight to the middle of the Compass

RELXIX_UI_CompassStats
Adjusts the position of the Day and Time, adds Air Temp, Wind Speed, Current Elevation

RELXIX_UI_EnableTargetHPBar
Turns the Target HP Bar on without godmode being enabled.

RELXIX_UI_MenuTime
This adds the display of Day, Time on the menu screens (inventory, vehicle, quests, etc)

RELXIX_UI_ToolbeltSlotNumbers
Adds Numbers for each slot on the toolbelt.

RELXIX_UIMENU_AddLandClaimCountOption
This adds an option to the menu for Land Claim Count with options '1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 20, 25, 50, 100, 150, 200' as Land Claim Block Count choices on the Multiplayer Tab with the rest of the Land Claim options.  
These options are also added as available filter choices in the server browser.

RELXIX_UIMENU_AddMaxZedAndAnimalOptions
This adds options to the menu for Max Zombies and Max Animal Counts normally only configurable via serverconfig.xml.

RELXIX_UIMENU_More24HourLengthOptions
This adds the options '5, 150, 180, 210, 240, 270, 300' minutes as 24 Hour Length options in addition to the default '10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 90, 120' for those who want really fast or really slow days.  

RELXIX_UIMENU_MoreDayLightLengthOptions
This adds the option '2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 20, 22' hours as Day Light Length options in addition to the default '12, 14, 16, 18' for those who want really short or really long days.  

RELXIX_UIMENU_MoreLandClaimSizeOptions
This adds the options '91, 101, 125, 151, 175, 201' as Land Claim Size options in addition to the default '21, 31, 41, 51, 71' options.  

RELXIX_UIMENU_MoreLootAbundanceOptions
This adds the options '5, 10, 250, 300, 400, 500' as Loot Abundance options in addition to the default '25, 33, 50, 67, 75, 100, 150, 200' options.  

RELXIX_UIMENU_MoreRWGSizeOptions
This adds '5120,7168,9216,11264,12288,13312,14366,15360' size options in addition to the default '6144,8192,10240' on the New Game Menu and Editing Tools RWG Preview World Generator Menu.

RELXIX_Items_NVTweak
With an already restricted FOV the added restriction on the NV Goggles just felt too much.  By combining 2 filter sets I was able to get a faded feel for nightvision without the goggle blockage but retain a bit of color.  I felt Bright effect as an alternative to the NightVision effect alone made it too much like daytime so added the VibrantDeSat to dull the colors some.

RELXIX_EagleEyeShadesAndNightVision
Adds a new set of shades combining the function of Shades (perception), Tough Guy Glasses (fortitude), Lucky Googles (loot level + treasure radius), Ski Googles (agility), and Nerd Glasses (Int, Crafting time, XP) Requires 1 of each to craft.  Also adds a new NightVision goggle set that can be has all of those functions.  Requires Nightvision Googles and Eagle Eye Shades to craft. - Recipes require advanced engineering level 4-5 respectively, crafted at workbench.
These use the Night Vision as displayed by my NVTweaks mod.  Just like Lucky Goggles these have a range of 3-5 for Loot Bonus.
Note: Perception does not show in the list of Stats due to display limitations.  Perception can be confirmed on the Skills screen where it will be green/boosted.

NEWLY ADDED:

RELXIX_HighlightBookState
I originally tried coloring the icons but that didn't work.  I resorted to the technique I found in this thread of replacing the icons: https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/24306-mod-that-lets-you-know-youve-already-read-a-book/

Books that have been read have a red icon.  Books that have not been read have a green icon.  A second set of icons were included in case the user would like those reversed.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2813840879
?imw=1920&imh=1080

Edited by Red Eagle LXIX (see edit history)

RELXIX Mods displayed:
AllShortGrass
CompassCenterHighlight
CompassStats
ToolbeltSlotNumbers
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2677700717
?imw=1920&imh=1080

RELXIX Mods displayed:
CompassCenterHighlight
CompassStats
EnableTargetHPBar
ToolbeltSlotNumbers
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2675390624
?imw=1920&imh=1080

RELXIX Mods displayed:
MenuTime
ToolbeltSlotNumbers
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2675391742
?imw=1920&imh=1080

RELXIX Mods displayed:
MoreRWGSizeOptions (15k size)
More24HourLengthOptions (300 minutes)
MoreDayLightLengthOptions (2 hours daylight)
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2675372096
?imw=1920&imh=1080

RELXIX Mods displayed:
MoreLootAbundanceOptions (10%)
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2675374728
?imw=1920&imh=1080

RELXIX Mods displayed:
AddMaxZedAndAnimalOptions (128 for Zombies, 100 for animals)
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2675373887
?imw=1920&imh=1080

RELXIX Mods displayed:
AddLandClaimCountOption (5)
MoreLandClaimSizeOptions (101)
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2675379209
?imw=1920&imh=1080

RELXIX Mods displayed:
More24HourLengthOptions (300 minutes)
MoreDayLightLengthOptions (2 hours daylight)
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2675383701
?imw=1920&imh=1080

RELXIX Mods displayed:
MoreLootAbundanceOptions (10%)
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2675384505
?imw=1920&imh=1080

RELXIX Mods displayed:
AddLandClaimCountOption (5)
MoreLandClaimSizeOptions (101)
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2675385143
?imw=1920&imh=1080

• Red Eagle LXIX changed the title to RELXIX A20 XML Modlets - (UI, Menu Settings, Blocks, Loot, EntityClasses) - A20
35 minutes ago, Ozzland said:

Hey Red, Love your stuff have been using it for a while now.

Do you know if there is a way to use your UI items but still have the DAY turn read on horde nights?

Thanks again for all your work.

The CompassStats DAY should turn Red on Horde Day at 8am same as the default.  It does not turn red on MenuStats.

?imw=1920&imh=1080

RELXIX_Shapes_RestoreShapesHP  - This sets all shapes back to the way they used to be with full HP based on b218.  This is because their cost and upgrade costs did not change, only their value/Hit Points which is unfair, IMHO.  Who wants to pay for a full steel block and only get something weaker than concrete?  Not me.

Edited by Red Eagle LXIX
dislike the edit message being right on the text (see edit history)

• Red Eagle LXIX changed the title to RELXIX A20 XML Modlets - (ShapesHP, UI, Menu Settings, Blocks, Loot, EntityClasses) - A20

Just wanted to say that most of the mods I'm using are yours. :D Love the UI stuff, and being able to have 3hr days is absolutely the sweet spot for the way I like to play, as is being able to have more than one claim block. Also, short grass was something I didn't know I needed till I decided to try it.

On 12/16/2021 at 3:39 PM, Red Eagle LXIX said:

RELXIX_Shapes_RestoreShapesHP  - This sets all shapes back to the way they used to be with full HP based on b218.  This is because their cost and upgrade costs did not change, only their value/Hit Points which is unfair, IMHO.  Who wants to pay for a full steel block and only get something weaker than concrete?  Not me.

How does this affect already placed shapes, if at all?

I'm unable to get the MoreRWGSizeOptions to work properly.
I see the mod in game (trying to make a 15k map) but as soon as I hit Generate I get the error "the given key was not present in the dictionary".
I'm on the latest experimental build (currently A20 b233). It's the only mod I have and I have verified the game through Steam and my old 7dtd data is completely wiped.

EDIT: Got it to work by just re-verifying my game files and restarting PC. However, after the new world finished generating and tries to bring up the preview it crashes my whole PC. First it gives me an error in 7dtd saying "Out of memory" then my PC freezes and all I can do is restart it. Thought it might be important to report this. I can not tell if it's mod or game related though.

BUT when I get my PC and game up and running again the world still exists though and I can enter it and play just fine!

Never really used mods before so can't say I'm 100 % sure I did it right, but I'm quite tech savy and know how to read+follow instructions, so not sure what went wrong. Maybe something broke it between b218 and b233? (I'm aware it's experimental and alpha, so I don't expect everything to work flawlessly)
Thanks for any kind of assistance!

Edited by Emmzor
Got it to work + new information (see edit history)

• Red Eagle LXIX changed the title to RELXIX A20 XML Modlets - (UI, Menu Settings, Blocks, Loot, EntityClasses) - A20

First error was related to the game files and as you found was corrected after verify.

Second error (out of memory) is quite common and is also the game.  Just more visible when going above 10k limit.  Especially during the preview attempt as it tries to load quite a lot into memory.  I can't even generate a 15 without going for an almost total flat world devoid of most everything.

Sounds like you got it all just fine.

I got some memory for Xmas.  Of course that meant I had to try generating a 15k map.

This first shot shows generation was successful.  Here you can see I am already over 45GB in use before the preview even displays.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2698463011

I was able to zoom out a bit further than this screenshot shows but I started to get out of memory errors and a crash before I could capture another image.
I did see a city in the North East of the Wasteland biome before the crash.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2698463119

To answer the question: 48GB is not enough to preview. 

• Red Eagle LXIX changed the title to RELXIX A20 XML Modlets - (UI, Menu Settings, Blocks, Loot, EntityClasses, Night Vision) - A20

NEWLY ADDED:
RELXIX_Items_NVTweak
With an already restricted FOV the added restriction on the NV Goggles just felt too much.  By combining 2 filter sets I was able to get a faded feel for nightvision without the goggle blockage but retain a bit of color.  I felt Bright effect as an alternative to the NightVision effect alone made it too much like daytime so added the VibrantDeSat to dull the colors some.

Some Screenshots:
?imw=1920&imh=1080
?imw=1920&imh=1080

?imw=1920&imh=1080

?imw=1920&imh=1080

RELXIX_EagleEyeShadesAndNightVision
Adds a new set of shades combining the function of Shades (perception), Tough Guy Glasses (fortitude), Lucky Googles (loot level + treasure radius), Ski Googles (agility), and Nerd Glasses (Int, Crafting time, XP) Requires 1 of each to craft.  Also adds a new NightVision goggle set that can be has all of those functions.  Requires Nightvision Googles and Eagle Eye Shades to craft. - Recipes require advanced engineering level 4-5 respectively, crafted at workbench.
These use the Night Vision as displayed by my NVTweaks mod.  Just like Lucky Goggles these have a range of 3-5 for Loot Bonus.
Note: Perception does not show in the list of Stats due to display limitations.  Perception can be confirmed on the Skills screen where it will be green/boosted.

Some Screenshots:

5322E753D3C54E198BDBD486585EBF7EF17CD501

1E5A6CBAC3A58EFEB86D85DE5497DF4F6AB3080C

Eagle Eye Shades - Effects (showing low end of Loot bonus Range).  Note: Perception is added but not shown due to number of display lines.14CBCD5447823B3A183D863C7C5FBC4FF22EFA2C

Eagle Eye Shades - Effects (showing high end of Loot bonus Range).  Note: Perception is added but not shown due to number of display lines.

10AE0A1D0E740198309C272C761FC196C45A5E48

Eagle Eye NV Goggles - Effects (showing middle of Loot bonus Range).  Note: Perception is added but not shown due to number of display lines.

90CC872C92710A41BA8E6978F54798443B4B0F34

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I Just noticed this particular error when booting up 7Days when checking the log while still in the main menu.

WRN XML patch for "XUi_Menu/windows.xml" from mod "RELXIX_UIMENU_AddLandClaimCountOption" did not apply: <insertBefore xpath="/windows/window[@name='serverBrowser']/rect[@name='serverinfo']/panel[@controller='TabSelector']/rect[@name='tabsContents']/rect[@tab_key='xuiGameSettingsMultiplayer']/grid/browsergameoptioninfo[@name='LandClaimSize']"  (line 14 at pos 3)

This seems to correspond to the lines

14	<insertBefore xpath="/windows/window[@name='serverBrowser']/rect[@name='serverinfo']/panel[@controller='TabSelector']/rect[@name='tabsContents']/rect[@tab_key='xuiGameSettingsMultiplayer']/grid/browsergameoptioninfo[@name='LandClaimSize']">
15		<browsergameoptioninfo name="LandClaimCount" title="LandClaimCount" value_wrap="false" values="1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 20, 25, 50, 100, 150, 200" display_names="" value_localization_prefix="goLandClaimSizeValue" />
16	</insertBefore>

In the addLandClaimCountOptions Modlet.

Seems to be affecting the serverbrowser mostly. Which means I could play single player without issues. (I think)

This is most definitely due to the very latest patch (which has affected the main game file according to file modified date), seeing there were no Modlet related WRN's prior to this patch.

Hope this helps bugfixing (where needed).

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2022 at 9:31 AM, GTX2GvO said:

I Just noticed this particular error when booting up 7Days when checking the log while still in the main menu.

WRN XML patch for "XUi_Menu/windows.xml" from mod "RELXIX_UIMENU_AddLandClaimCountOption" did not apply: <insertBefore xpath="/windows/window[@name='serverBrowser']/rect[@name='serverinfo']/panel[@controller='TabSelector']/rect[@name='tabsContents']/rect[@tab_key='xuiGameSettingsMultiplayer']/grid/browsergameoptioninfo[@name='LandClaimSize']"  (line 14 at pos 3)

This seems to correspond to the lines

14	<insertBefore xpath="/windows/window[@name='serverBrowser']/rect[@name='serverinfo']/panel[@controller='TabSelector']/rect[@name='tabsContents']/rect[@tab_key='xuiGameSettingsMultiplayer']/grid/browsergameoptioninfo[@name='LandClaimSize']">
15		<browsergameoptioninfo name="LandClaimCount" title="LandClaimCount" value_wrap="false" values="1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 20, 25, 50, 100, 150, 200" display_names="" value_localization_prefix="goLandClaimSizeValue" />
16	</insertBefore>

In the addLandClaimCountOptions Modlet.

Seems to be affecting the serverbrowser mostly. Which means I could play single player without issues. (I think)

This is most definitely due to the very latest patch (which has affected the main game file according to file modified date), seeing there were no Modlet related WRN's prior to this patch.

Hope this helps bugfixing (where needed).

This issue caused the server browser to be unable to display the Count of Allowed Land Claim blocks after the search was completed (you could still filter to a specific amount).

This issue has been fixed and a new version has been uploaded to the same link.