Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Firecat

Firecat

We don't know what's normal and what's exceptional with the new generation yet, but I was testing the random slider on this seed and got two results that both seem pretty nice to me. The plains and wasteland are the two largest biomes, which seems nice, since with loot changes those are now the early game and end game locations. So far by generating several seeds I have noticed that factories seem quite scare in the new RWG, especially compared to the overpopulation the was in alpha 19.

Seed: bandits

Size: 6144

Settings 1:

-Towns: many

-Wild POIs: many

-Rivers: default

-Craters: few

-Cracks: few

-Lakes: default

-Plains: 6

-Hills: 3

-Mountains: 1

-Random: 10

This gave me a map with a lot of mountains, large settlements in the wasteland and forest with small ones in the desert and snow biomes. It also had

-9 traders

-2 factories (1 of factory_02 and 1 of the new 03)

-5 skyscapers, 1 of each, plus an extra book skyscraper!

-43 stores of good variety

Edit: started a game on this one and spawned like a 10 second stroll from a trader. FYI named the game "SoloExprmnt" if the name still has an effect on spawnpoint...

Settings 2:

-Random: 0

This map had the same biome layout, but less mountains and different settlements. It had:

-8 traders

-1 of the new factories

-6 skyscrapers (one of each plus 2 more book skyscrapers!)

-47 stores of good variety

Both seem pretty solid setups to me. I ran the generation twice with both settings to make sure that the random slider didn't change the result.

Firecat

Firecat

We don't know what's normal and what's exceptional with the new generation yet, but I was testing the random slider on this seed and got two results that both seem pretty nice to me. The plains and wasteland are the two largest biomes, which seems nice, since with loot changes those are now the early game and end game locations. So far by generating several seeds I have noticed that factories seem quite scare in the new RWG, especially compared to the overpopulation the was in alpha 19.

Settings 1:

This gave me a map with a lot of mountains, large settlements in the wasteland and forest with small ones in the desert and snow biomes. It also had

-9 traders

Edit: started a game on this one and spawned like a 10 second stoll from a trader. FYI named the game "SoloExprmnt" if the name still has an effect on spawnpoint...

Settings 2:

This map had the same biome layout, but less mountains and different settlements. It had:

-8 traders

-1 of the new factories

Both seem pretty solid setups to me. I ran the generation twice with both settings to make sure that the random slider didn't change the result.

Firecat

Firecat

Settings 1:

-9 traders

Settings 2:

-8 traders

-1 of the new factories