The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

Unfortunately, the mod's main file is remotely stored, allowing me to roll out new mods.

Which mod were you looking for in particular to show up off line?

Starvation with the big backpack. After looking at the big backpack mod i think i might be able to just install it differently and run straight from the exe. Its in the temp mod folder now so it doesnt work

Starvation with the big backpack. After looking at the big backpack mod i think i might be able to just install it differently and run straight from the exe. Its in the temp mod folder now so it doesnt work

If you are looking for Starvation, you can download copy the contents of this into an XML file, and go to the Mod Launcher and click on Open File. This will add a new entry in the mod launcher when you are offline:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<Servers>

<ServerGroup Name="StarvationMod" Logo="">

<Server Name="StarvationMod16" Logo=""/>

</ServerGroup>

</Servers>

It won't do much, but will show you an entry

Good day Sphereii

Have a question .. Will you or can you put WOW 5.2 and Tin "Dying Lands" together in the launcher OR is there a way that I can combine the 2 of them as One using the launcher.

Or would you not recommend doing that because of updates and fixes. Just wondering and it is no big deal if you feel it should not be done.

Have a great weekend and hope you are doing well .. Thank you

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

Good day Sphereii

Have a question .. Will you or can you put WOW 5.2 and Tin "Dying Lands" together in the launcher OR is there a way that I can combine the 2 of them as One using the launcher.

Or would you not recommend doing that because of updates and fixes. Just wondering and it is no big deal if you feel it should not be done.

Have a great weekend and hope you are doing well .. Thank you

They are both full mods, so it probably wouldn't work well. You may be able to grab Tin's mixer files and merge them into WoW, but then it'll break the special prefab spawnings, and possibly throw off loot balances.

They are both full mods, so it probably wouldn't work well. You may be able to grab Tin's mixer files and merge them into WoW, but then it'll break the special prefab spawnings, and possibly throw off loot balances.

That's what I thought .. thank you .. just wanted to confirm it.

@sphereii

Since mods that use the same xml's conflict with one another, then it's safe to say that mods that don't touch the same xml's don't conflict. Since your launcher seems to know what it's grabbing anyway (yes, this is the big presumption, I know), maybe you could add a feature that does, say, if you click on valmod, the other mods that would be compatible in the list turn blue or something?

Click on valmod, and Compo and Dying Lands goes blue indicating it's compatible, and of course when you click Dying Lands then Compo goes back to regular because it's not compatible with Dying Lands.

@sphereii

Since mods that use the same xml's conflict with one another, then it's safe to say that mods that don't touch the same xml's don't conflict. Since your launcher seems to know what it's grabbing anyway (yes, this is the big presumption, I know), maybe you could add a feature that does, say, if you click on valmod, the other mods that would be compatible in the list turn blue or something?

Click on valmod, and Compo and Dying Lands goes blue indicating it's compatible, and of course when you click Dying Lands then Compo goes back to regular because it's not compatible with Dying Lands.

It's an interesting idea. For the UI overhaul, I was going to be looking at providing options to selecting optional modlets to a play. Rather than having CompoPack backed into a valmod config, it'd be able to detect there was no rwgmixer file in valmod, and show Compopack as being optional. Same as the zombie retexturing.

It's challenging with other files, since things like blocks, items, and recipes are closely linked.

You'll have to educate people on the differences between mods and modlets.

...if you applied the same method * does in the sdx launcher, you could read say, valmods blocks.xml, pull the non vanilla ones into a #temp1, then do the same for WotW, pull HIS non vanilla ones into #temp2, then create a new blocks.xml out of the free blocks from the temp tables.

The neat part would be making sure the block id's are the same for that configuration. Well, since it pushes from the server, you might could not care about that... Hm.

You'll have to educate people on the differences between mods and modlets.

...if you applied the same method * does in the sdx launcher, you could read say, valmods blocks.xml, pull the non vanilla ones into a #temp1, then do the same for WotW, pull HIS non vanilla ones into #temp2, then create a new blocks.xml out of the free blocks from the temp tables.

The neat part would be making sure the block id's are the same for that configuration. Well, since it pushes from the server, you might could not care about that... Hm.

using one of my first mods I did, I could allow the XMLs to be read as actual XML, allowing us to use the XML import functionality. I wouldn't need to modify the XMLs themselves, but just link them together :)

Sounds like a lot could go wrong too.

using one of my first mods I did, I could allow the XMLs to be read as actual XML, allowing us to use the XML import functionality. I wouldn't need to modify the XMLs themselves, but just link them together :)

Sounds like a lot could go wrong too.

OH Boy .. I have a headache ...... Good day Sphereii

Sound like a lot of work ... but a Great ideal .. if you could make it work

Click on simple tab called "Combining Mods" .. shows up Green if they should work together with no issue ... Yellow for a maybe minimum issue .. AND .. RED for "Don't even Try"

But we already know modding a game in any form can cause issues and not taken lightly.

OH mi .. my head hurts and it is Brain storming time .. Hoping you can do it .. But Enjoy the weekend now and Have Fun.

OH Boy .. I have a headache ...... Good day Sphereii

Sound like a lot of work ... but a Great ideal .. if you could make it work

Click on simple tab called "Combining Mods" .. shows up Green if they should work together with no issue ... Yellow for a maybe minimum issue .. AND .. RED for "Don't even Try"

But we already know modding a game in any form can cause issues and not taken lightly.

OH mi .. my head hurts and it is Brain storming time .. Hoping you can do it .. But Enjoy the weekend now and Have Fun.

I'll mark it on a list :)

Let's welcome CBThaGreat's CB Mod as the newest mod available in the Mod Launcher! Options include with or without compo pack, and can also include Xtrakicking's Zombie Retexture pack!

Looks like it could be a fun mod to try from what I seen so far.

If you are looking for Starvation, you can download copy the contents of this into an XML file, and go to the Mod Launcher and click on Open File. This will add a new entry in the mod launcher when you are offline:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<Servers>

<ServerGroup Name="StarvationMod" Logo="">

<Server Name="StarvationMod16" Logo=""/>

</ServerGroup>

</Servers>

It won't do much, but will show you an entry

Hi Sphere, would this code work with any of the games on the list (by renaming)? I too would use this.

Good day Sphereii

Can you help me please

I want to add .. SMX Big Back Pack or just the SMX ui to " Dying Lands " I really like the mod .. But it needs a better ui ..

And I'm not sure how to use the Launcher to make that work and I couldn't find anything on the merge using the launcher.

It also could be the Old gamer mind set isn't working again. Anyway .. can you help me ... Thank you and Enjoy

PS: .. I know it is most likely something Simple and I'm just not seeing it.

Good day Sphereii

Can you help me please

I want to add .. SMX Big Back Pack or just the SMX ui to " Dying Lands " I really like the mod .. But it needs a better ui ..

And I'm not sure how to use the Launcher to make that work and I couldn't find anything on the merge using the launcher.

It also could be the Old gamer mind set isn't working again. Anyway .. can you help me ... Thank you and Enjoy

PS: .. I know it is most likely something Simple and I'm just not seeing it.

Your wish is my command. I added an option for the Bigger Back pack with SMX on it. Not supported by Tin though :)

Your wish is my command. I added an option for the Bigger Back pack with SMX on it. Not supported by Tin though :)

God I didn't expect that Sphereii .. I figured you have given me a link somewhere. :02.47-tranquillity::smile-new:

Thank you so much and you have a great week .. I should set. Thank you again

Sphereii .... Thank you

BUT .. I started a New Game " Dying Lands " with SMX Big Back Pack and it's Not working ... it's still all his standard set up _ Vanilla

Any clues why it is not working .. Maybe Just SMX.

But I did start in a much better place this time .. not the burnt biome like last game .. I'll check back later and Thank you

PS: Almost forgot .. I did notice in the upload info .. it said 16.3b in the Big back pack .. would that have caused the issue.??

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)