STILL can't release A20 or even give an ETA?

EzunaAranna

On 11/24/2021 at 4:04 AM, geengaween said:

Because it's a tired pointless topic that doesn't go anywhere. Anyone who has ever been on an early access game's forum has seen this topic 100 times before. You're impatient, you think you could run a company better, [company] are incompetent, [company] are lazy, [company] are scammers, etc etc etc. Oh yeah and also you have like 20 million hours clocked in this garbage game made by lazy incompetent scammers.

The game is like 30 bucks. It's not AAA price, it's not a subscription, you knew it was unfinished when you bought it. It's the price of 1 and a half jugs of beer, you spend more at the pub on a saturday night buying a round for your mates.

At the end of the day TFP are a motley crew of joe shmoes who've formed a games company and happened to have created something really cool and fun that has made them millions. They're not coke snorting Californian yuppies who have a bunch of shareholders breathing down their necks. They're not suddenly going to turn into a AAA company and start crunching overtime and slaving away for 16 hour days just because you are impatient about updates. Their work hours are probably pretty relaxed and they have a good time in their jobs. You're waiting for updates and you'll play it as soon as A20 drops. They've already won. Why would they change this?

This is a business model that has worked very well for them whether you like it or not. They're using 7DTD to develop tech that they'll use in their next unannounced games. Their next games will probably make as much if not more sales. They are set for life and riding a train made of pure gold, and I'm happy for them, they deserve it. There is zero reason for them to change anything about their company whatsoever. You angry nerds with 3000 hours in the game complaining and moaning on the internet will do absolutely nothing, they don't even read it, they don't care.

I'm going to save this post and copy paste it in response to the next thread that gets created

thank god. the big companies cannot make unique games anymore because the bean counters wont let them. TFP could have gouged for the game and forgot the player base so they can use the money to make shallow games for casuals. they have stuck to their guns and continue to make progress. maybe not as fast as we would like but they still do.

18 hours ago, Sal said:

The level of entitlement in threads like these are overwhelming to say the least.  It's the same @%$# with you people.

Nah, people are just being super fans, taking this way too seriously. Smile and move on.

Can't really wish for players to care less, y'know? =P

I've definitely gotten my $20 worth out of the game.

Given the scope of the game and the number of people working on it, I guess 8 years isn't that far fetched.

That said, I hope they wrap this thing up before the 10 year alpha anniversary.

13 hours ago, stallionsden said:

A streamer announcing it is not the same as tfp announcing it lol. 

Streamers got the green light from the Pimps to announce the streamers weekend and most of them did... So that's pretty much official. If that wasnt the case and the experimental isnt ready for Friday, im pretty sure the Pimps wouldnt let the hype build unnecessarily and would make a PSA quicker than that to rectify.

Edited by Kyonshi (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Kyonshi said:

Streamers got the green light from the Pimps to announce the streamers weekend and most of them did... So that's pretty much official. If that wasnt the case and the experimental isnt ready for Friday, im pretty sure the Pimps wouldnt let the hype build unnecessarily and would make a PSA quicker than that to rectify.

They were told that TFP is looking at December 3rd, but it is not official yet, so the streamers are sharing uncertain info.

Go look at the Dev thread.

12 minutes ago, Treb said:

They were told that TFP is looking at December 3rd, but it is not official yet, so the streamers are sharing uncertain info.

Go look at the Dev thread.

From the mouth of Capp himself, on this discussion forum : "we were told this is a good likely chance, but nothing confirmed until Rick graces us with his presence and confirms it, do with that info as you wish"

If nothing was sure about the experimental, Capp and other streamers would have been told to not mention anything about this, right? But the fact that they've literaly been told its fine if they mention it, without the avail of Rick, points out that its on its way. Otherwise, someone somewhere would have jumped in and say "Stop the press!!!", way before Rick even say anything. Roland, Sylen, Fataal, i dunno. But someone would have said to hold on all horses. It hasnt happened.

So as far as we're concerned, its more likely than not. Its all cool that you maintain your point too, you're not wrong either.

Maybe it hasn't happened yet because they're all too busy squashing bugs, laughing at the tards who want the game yesterday and eating pizza.  I could go for some pizza.....

I'd be just enough of an a-hole that I'd delay the release one or two more weeks just because of the level of entitlement.  It'd give more time to work out some of the almost must kill bugs after all the priority ones are dead.

38 minutes ago, SylenThunder said:

You know, they should have just stuck to their guns and left it at Halloween.  Even if it is a whole buncha months away.

Heck no. Then we would've had flying vending machines and giant yellow Pandas with jiggle tech on the lower body. We've got plenty of nightmares with dogs and vultures already.

On 11/17/2021 at 4:47 PM, EzunaAranna said:

Seriously?

We're waiting on ALPHA 20? Still?

Is there any other developer on Steam or indeed the history of PC gaming that has 19 "Alphas" and yet has sold so many copies? Pray do tell - I'd love to know. 

I love this game - I have over 3000 hours on Steam but c'mon this is a total joke.

At this point - "Beta" will be 2025 and "Gold" will be 2029.

This was called "taking the @%$#" 5 years ago....what's it called now? In the time you guys are farting around Grounded is fully released, Conan Exiles is great, No Man's Sky is stellar and even Fallout 76 is a winner.

And don't give me all this nonsense about a "small development team" - Valheim was made with FIVE people. 

The sarcasm is good here,  read the roadmap. If YOU are that good start your own company -- they are a small team.  Honestly the joke is your post so stop whining in a new thread.

Actually, lots of games take many years and tons of alphas/betas, you just don't get to see it, because they are not early access.

I don't care how long a game took to make, as long as I got my money's worth. I buy plenty of normal games and have no clue how long they took to make. I buy some early access games and will sometimes play them right away if it looks far enough to be a good experience like I did with 7dtd years before I was an employee and I certainly got my money's worth. Other times I just wait for them to finish and then play to get the full experience like I did with Black Mesa. Now I could have just bought it when it was done, but it was a deal on sale, so I took the chance and just purchased it and then ended up waiting several years.

1 hour ago, SnowDog1942 said:

The sarcasm is good here,  read the roadmap. If YOU are that good start your own company -- they are a small team.  Honestly the joke is your post so stop whining in a new thread.

You feeling ok..

Just no dirtiness at all.

What.. wait did I miss the end of the world announcement.  

But 100% agree

😝

7 hours ago, SnowDog1942 said:

I had to read his new thread to see what you did there.. 😆