STILL can't release A20 or even give an ETA?

EzunaAranna

On 11/17/2021 at 3:59 PM, Maharin said:

Alpha 42 is the one I'm waiting for.  I hear it will only run on planet-sized computers.

OMFG!!!!

You mean Server Towers outside players houses is not gonna be enough anymore 0.o

We have to invade and takeover CCP so we have the workforce to ensure we can run at least one 8 player server.

4 hours ago, Sydious said:

The immediate dismissal of player concerns and immediate passive aggressive sarcasm of the clique is strong here.

Because it's a tired pointless topic that doesn't go anywhere. Anyone who has ever been on an early access game's forum has seen this topic 100 times before. You're impatient, you think you could run a company better, [company] are incompetent, [company] are lazy, [company] are scammers, etc etc etc. Oh yeah and also you have like 20 million hours clocked in this garbage game made by lazy incompetent scammers.

The game is like 30 bucks. It's not AAA price, it's not a subscription, you knew it was unfinished when you bought it. It's the price of 1 and a half jugs of beer, you spend more at the pub on a saturday night buying a round for your mates.

At the end of the day TFP are a motley crew of joe shmoes who've formed a games company and happened to have created something really cool and fun that has made them millions. They're not coke snorting Californian yuppies who have a bunch of shareholders breathing down their necks. They're not suddenly going to turn into a AAA company and start crunching overtime and slaving away for 16 hour days just because you are impatient about updates. Their work hours are probably pretty relaxed and they have a good time in their jobs. You're waiting for updates and you'll play it as soon as A20 drops. They've already won. Why would they change this?

This is a business model that has worked very well for them whether you like it or not. They're using 7DTD to develop tech that they'll use in their next unannounced games. Their next games will probably make as much if not more sales. They are set for life and riding a train made of pure gold, and I'm happy for them, they deserve it. There is zero reason for them to change anything about their company whatsoever. You angry nerds with 3000 hours in the game complaining and moaning on the internet will do absolutely nothing, they don't even read it, they don't care.

I'm going to save this post and copy paste it in response to the next thread that gets created

Edited by geengaween
Clarity (see edit history)

27 minutes ago, geengaween said:

Because it's a tired pointless topic that doesn't go anywhere. Anyone who has ever been on an early access game's forum has seen this topic 100 times before. You're impatient, you think you could run a company better, [company] are incompetent, [company] are lazy, [company] are scammers, etc etc etc. Oh yeah and also you have like 20 million hours clocked in this garbage game made by lazy incompetent scammers.

The game is like 30 bucks. It's not AAA price, it's not a subscription, you knew it was unfinished when you bought it. It's the price of 1 and a half jugs of beer, you spend more at the pub on a saturday night buying a round for your mates.

At the end of the day TFP are a motley crew of joe shmoes who've formed a games company and happened to have created something really cool and fun that has made them millions. They're not coke snorting Californian yuppies who have a bunch of shareholders breathing down their necks. They're not suddenly going to turn into a AAA company and start crunching overtime and slaving away for 16 hour days just because you are impatient about updates. Their work hours are probably pretty relaxed and they have a good time in their jobs. You're waiting for updates and you'll play it as soon as A20 drops. They've already won. Why would they change this?

This is a business model that has worked very well for them whether you like it or not. They're using 7DTD to develop tech that they'll use in their next unannounced games. Their next games will probably make as much if not more sales. They are set for life and riding a train made of pure gold, and I'm happy for them, they deserve it. There is zero reason for them to change anything about their company whatsoever. You angry nerds with 3000 hours in the game complaining and moaning on the internet will do absolutely nothing, they don't even read it, they don't care.

I'm going to save this post and copy paste it in response to the next thread that gets created

You know, I've completely ignored this thread because it's just the same old ignorant rhetoric over and over. The complainers never change, and there are precious few of them. They just seem like a lot because they post over-and-over-and-over the same tired crap to no end.

Decided to just peek at the last page for giggles to see where the topic had headed, and I would totally mark this as the topic answer.  (In Steam that would highlight this post directly below the OP's at the top of the thread.)

1 hour ago, geengaween said:

There is zero reason for them to change anything about their company whatsoever. You angry nerds with 3000 hours in the game complaining and moaning on the internet will do absolutely nothing, they don't even read it, they don't care.

I'm going to save this part...

On 11/24/2021 at 1:35 AM, SylenThunder said:

You know, I've completely ignored this thread because it's just the same old ignorant rhetoric over and over.
Yet here you are again...

(P.S.) google ignorant....

The complainers never change, and there are precious few of them. They just seem like a lot because they post over-and-over-and-over the same tired crap to no end.

Yes my less than 300 post since 2013 must cause you sleepless nights....

Decided to just peek at the last page for giggles to see where the topic had headed, and I would totally mark this as the topic answer.

Hope you got a good giggle moderator...

(In Steam that would highlight this post directly below the OP's at the top of the thread.)

Perhaps you should apply for a job there so you are happy...

Edited by Roland
fixed quote box (see edit history)

I honestly don't understand the 3000 hours and now complain bit.

It's not like a book or film where you are waiting for an ending -  (Hey George R R Martin!- I mean you) 

its an ongoing process where the journey is the enjoyment.

I've played for over 2000 hours, and its been the best £15 I ever spent on a game - 

And I liked Valheim,ARK,Skyrim,Reddead,No Mans sky,   but   7days has still been the best coop  I've ever played,

due to the totally random ermergent stuff where systems combine to make weirdness.

Yeah I'd like the A20 before XMAS  but if it doesn't happen,  we'll get to play sometime early next year.

9 hours ago, Sydious said:

The immediate dismissal of player concerns and immediate passive aggressive sarcasm of the clique is strong here.

Perhaps because the OP first has been pretty passive-aggressive, if not purely aggressive and condescendant, themselves in their dismissal of the devs, motivation, schedule and workflow?

Dont dish out medecine you cant take yourself.

And like a real gentleman debating in good faith, once he realized he was completely out of order and looked like a total idiot, he bailed out stating he's right, we're the morons, he said what he had to say and wouldnt bother replying. What's not to love here? Personally, this is nothing short of being an @%$#.

If the "clique" is retaliating like it did in this thread, well im damn happy it shows and speak common sense like that.

Edited by Kyonshi (see edit history)

On 11/17/2021 at 5:02 PM, EzunaAranna said:

I've been a Programme Manager in IT for 23 years - one Alpha release is acceptable - then a Beta, then Gold. This would be acceptable in a series of Agile sprints over one year.

With that experience, I don't understand your criticism. You know there are different software development methodologies and project teams can tailor their process. You should know not to get hung up on version numbering/labels and that iterative approaches can be done without Agile sprints. They've got a hybrid approach going. They've been clear about their process and it isn't unprofessional.

We could potentially translate their approach into the terms you'd like. For instance, you might say the version known as "A20" is currently in Alpha testing, with Beta testing (A20-EXP) expected to begin in a matter of weeks, followed eventually by the Gold version of A20 in probably a matter of months. They have the luxury of not having external interfaces and deadlines to meet so they can create contingency time on demand (up to the limits of their funding.)

Edited by zztong (see edit history)

Star Citizen has pretty close to 20 Alphas if you count each .1 release in Alpha 3.x.  (Currently on 3.15, and at least four releases in the 2.x days)

I don't see what the OP is whining about.  I kinda doubt the OP is truthful about their professional status because the post is so childish.  IF TFP charged money for each new Alpha, he might have a point.  But I've been getting free updates since A12 or so.  And unlike some early access games (like Star Citizen) each Alpha release is pretty darn stable and perfectly playable.

I have paid a lot more for games I've played a lot less.  I have nothing to complain about with regards to 7DTD.

Edited by DanLW (see edit history)

17 hours ago, Maharin said:

I vote we start using security strength hashes as release numbers

I vote that A20 be renamed "My Binky". IT'S BEEN OVER A YEAR TFP WHERE IS MY BINKY?!?

7 hours ago, geengaween said:

They are set for life and riding a train made of pure gold

image.png.7b9e821280d7b57a8cba835d7233daa8.png

7 hours ago, Aldranon said:

Whelp.  Neebs Gaming agreed that 7D2D is a "God Tier" survival game.  Best of the best.

I agree too.

For A20 they are thinking of doing a 2v2 or a full team playthrough.  Both would have pros and cons for a first play though with all the changes.

What poor soul gets lumbered with Simon though?

Neebs Gaming is the reason I picked up 7dtd on the PC...

OMG. Why do TFP do this to us? And on top of that they are ENJOYING their holidays while evil-laughing at our pre a20 suffering ! unbelievable. But we know better. We know they work for us because we spent a whole 7 bucks on sale on THIS game. It was in the fine print.

2 hours ago, Blake_ said:

OMG. Why do TFP do this to us? And on top of that they are ENJOYING their holidays while evil-laughing at our pre a20 suffering ! unbelievable. But we know better. We know they work for us because we spent a whole 7 bucks on sale on THIS game. It was in the fine print.

The money I gave them was spent on bitcoin when it was $2.  So I gave them VAST amounts of money, one might say!   (I guess that "one" would be me?)

And the minute they release A20 then you will be asking for an update on A21..........

Jesus Christ people be patient. This is not some life-stopping experience. 

The level of entitlement in threads like these are overwhelming to say the least.  It's the same @%$# with you people.

If TFP doesn't release an update....you complain. If they do release an update...you complain about "bugs" and how it shouldn't have been released in the first place (despite it still being in alpha phase). It's a no-win situation with some of you.