Thank you to everyone who tuned in and took part in the A20 Dev Stream Series!

Roland

It's always been this way in that it isn't completely random. Before they added the circles and stuff you could mark a specific part of the treasure icon on your map and there it would be, every single time. Now it is just in a different spot. From what I've watched of JaWoodle, it will flop to the other side sometimes, but does seem to be in the SW corner way more often than not. Even been a few blocks outside the original circle as well.

So much RNG in this game but those chests just won't follow it. Lol.

looks amazing what you guys have done! cant wait to get into this update. i think it would be cool if you could include a randomly found canine companion!. initial meet, gain trust, share your home, feed and over time train your dog various skills/perks to benefit you. just a thought :) 

Cave POIs. Are cave POIs planned for 7 days to die/a20/future alphas (meaning a POI which you access from a simple cave entrance with handmade random passages/subPOIs that spawns in the wilderness) 

I love the sense of adventure of a nice creepy unexpected cave with cool stuff inside. I believe 7 days to die would be even more awesome with a lot of them in it.

5 hours ago, Blake_ said:

Cave POIs. Are cave POIs planned for 7 days to die/a20/future alphas (meaning a POI which you access from a simple cave entrance with handmade random passages/subPOIs that spawns in the wilderness) 

I love the sense of adventure of a nice creepy unexpected cave with cool stuff inside. I believe 7 days to die would be even more awesome with a lot of them in it.

Yes, love cave exploration.....

....on that note, to the question. If there is no cave systems planned for A20, could it be possible to use the Sewer System, to use cave tilesets and clutter and loot, to RNG some wilderness caves in the future , or are the Sewers hand made .. ?

Edited by Marinxar (see edit history)

On 9/11/2021 at 9:58 AM, Roland said:

If people have questions regarding the topic of POIs, the Shape Menu, and Quests, go ahead and ask them below.

I'm curious what design conventions/rules TFP have regarding POI design, especially any related to integrating with the new Tile approach.

For instance, since POIs can abut each other on the new Tiles, do you develop POIs with structures that go right to the edge of the POI's area? If so, then two POI structures walls could touch each other. That can be desirable (common in big cities) but also undesirable (a tall building next to fortress walls).

Another "for instance", do you always assume the Tile provides parking spaces and thus leave parking spaces out of your POIs?

If people have questions regarding the topic of POIs, the Shape Menu, and Quests, go ahead and ask them below.

I'm curious about the development of Parts and the interface with Tiles. Do you have a way to signal what "type" of part it is that might affect placement on a Tile?

For instance, if the Tile is looking to place a Part where the marker is 6x14 and the Tile designer is thinking "any billboard", do you as a POI designer have some way of indicating the type of Part you built is a billboard? (Perhaps via the filename, XML, or some other mechanism?)

Are Parts developed like POIs in the Prefab Editor? If so, can Parts have Zombie Volumes and Quests? Example: A billboard with a quest satchel and a vulture.

Edited by zztong
Thought of another question. (see edit history)

A friend on steam who lacks a filter between brain and mouth has a request he would like someone else to make for him.

Is there any way a texture picker could be added much like the shape menu, so that when you are building with stone for example, you can choose the texture (flagstone, cobblestone, brick, etc) appearance when building?

While this can be accomplished later game with paint, having it as a radial menu option when building would allow you to have the look of all the removed blocks when initially building so you don't have to wait for a chemistry station to have your base look the way you want.

On 9/12/2021 at 2:12 AM, Jost Amman said:

I have one question about something I'm still unsure about... will it be possible for A20 city blocks to have connected sewers under the POIs?

Thanks

Edit: by "connected" I mean sewers that span under more than just one POI and that are connected together like kind of a "sewer system".

im gonna guess and say within a tile they may connect if the poi has sewer connecty bits and it happens to line up with the tile sewer connecty bits but the sewers dont connect from tile to tile.

but its only a guess.

On 9/15/2021 at 3:13 PM, JPE said:

Thanks for all your work FunPimps. Could I ask you, will players be able to keep their bases and character levels in future updates?

Thank you,

John 

It is not that they actively intend that you have to start over every major update (or after some builds).

In fact, you can always try to take your savegame over to future builds, but it gets more and more likely that you will face minor or major bugs, or even having the game become unplayable, depending on how much the code changed from one build to the next.

That's just part of game development, and you have to go with it when you take part in early access.

Things are in permanent change/develompent/optimization/...

And - no offense meant by saying it - it is absolutely nonsense to ask the devs to "please have an eye on backward compatibility"

That would unreasonably delay - if not making totally impossible - any further development.

Why was endgame content never developed?

You run around collecting better gear, not because you need it, but because it's the only thing to do.

You get geared up, then there's nothing to do except stuff you've already done without all that gear.

It's not quite good enough.

2 hours ago, secateurs said:

Why was endgame content never developed?

It is at the moment. Bandits. Just taking a while

2 hours ago, secateurs said:

You run around collecting better gear, not because you need it, but because it's the only thing to do.

You get geared up, then there's nothing to do except stuff you've already done without all that gear.

It's not quite good enough.

Maybe. Are you playing at 100% XP vanilla? What difficulty setting? How long does it take you until you are fully geared up with best equipment?

• Crater Creator changed the title to Thank you to everyone who tuned in and took part in the A20 Dev Stream Series!
  • Roland unpinned this topic
  • Roland unpinned and unpinned this topic
  • Roland locked this topic