Is there a way to create traders that should NOT be in the "opening trade routes" quests (without custom C# code)?

khzmusik

Hi, all. I have a modlet that adds a new trader to the game, and I was considering adding more.

However, I noticed a flaw (or what I consider a flaw) in custom traders. They will be included in the "opening trade routes" quests which send you to another trader. I consider this a flaw because the traders I want to create are specialized, so the player can't really use them in the same way they can use vanilla traders. (Their loot is specialized, they occur in RWG more than normal traders, they may not have any quests, etc.)

Is there any way to exclude custom traders from those quests, without custom C# coding? (I already know how to do it with custom code, but I would prefer to keep the traders server-side friendly.)

Edited by khzmusik (see edit history)

• khzmusik changed the title to Is there a way to create traders that should NOT be in the "opening trade routes" quests (without custom C# code)?

Those quests use the goto objective, which checks the poi tag for a trader:

<property name="QuestTags" value="trader" />

One way would be to make your custom traders not have that tag. That would, unfortunately, make it so the player is not lead to that trader should it be the closest one when they do the tutorial quest. But it would remove it from being a target of goto trader, which is how the player is lead to the next trader in the quest progression. Other than that, I have no information on another way of doing it.

4 hours ago, Telric said:

Those quests use the goto objective, which checks the poi tag for a trader:

<property name="QuestTags" value="trader" />

One way would be to make your custom traders not have that tag. That would, unfortunately, make it so the player is not lead to that trader should it be the closest one when they do the tutorial quest. But it would remove it from being a target of goto trader, which is how the player is lead to the next trader in the quest progression. Other than that, I have no information on another way of doing it.

Actually, that is perfect, exactly what I want. Thank you!

(I was thinking that the game looked for the same tag that adds trader protection, but it seems not.)