Slower mouse movement when aiming

marbu

cool thanks ill check later, but why is mouse movement so shaky at all? other games have very smooth and great mouse movement? best mouse movement ive seen was in Chernobylite, Serious sam BFE, The Mist, The Infected and few other games. They all Unreal Engine games i think.

Edited by marbu (see edit history)

Hmm, "shaky." Might mean a lot of things. The only reason I know there's a setting for aim is because I had to figure out an issue that plagued my aiming.. After a patch, the aiming seemed really clunky. I was having to aim in front of zeds and wait for them to wobble to the cursor. A little further testing, and I realized I couldn't aim at a cactus at about 30 blocks away, only to the left or right of it - the cursor would move in increments of, I don't know, 10 pixels? I could feel my mouse moving, but not the crosshair, until the crosshair jumped too far.

That seems to have been a sensitivity issue thru and thru, and one which could be called "shaky", in a little too few words. :)

I ended up spending way too much time messing with my mouse; a Corsair Scimitar. I'll describe my situation since it might be relevant to OP (I still have no idea what the actual issue is though... :) )

The mouse can be set up to 16000 DPI, but the in-game sensitivity settings aren't able to support that; the lowest sensitivity is still way too fast. At around 3000 DPI, the lowest Look sensitivity becomes playable. Aim sensitivity seems to be settable even at 6k, but since the Look sensitivity is useless at that point, it makes no difference.

There may be a level of user error on my part, but at least my OS settings (Ubuntu) didn't seem to have an effect.

So, if I'd want to see an improvement, it would be to high-DPI situations being handled better. But again, user error is quite possible.

16 minutes ago, warmer said:

ya know, no matter how great your mouse is and your settings are, a single hair across your lazer or a dirty mouse pad can easily ruin your best intentions.

But I thought we needed those cookie crumbs to get that full sensation of traveling over rough ground and broken roads  😉

33 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

But I thought we needed those cookie crumbs to get that full sensation of traveling over rough ground and broken roads  😉

Oh I do that by putting my office chair on a bed of gravel. I need to try your method. I usually just leave crumbs in my WASD for extra frustration in tense dynamic situations. Best spot truly is under the space bar to ensure you miss those critical jumps.