A19.6 Custom Sound loading issue

Hello, I am trying to add custom sounds to my mod. I have followed a video guide and a text guide, and looked how other mods load sounds, but something is failing.

(Link to Video Guide: https://youtu.be/ptBaRB7nFbY )
(Link to Text Guide: https://7d2dsdx.github.io/Tutorials/index.html?HowtoaddCustomSounds.html )

Here is the error I am receiving:

image.thumb.png.c208310d73cece1a81df10a4aa687193.png

The top part is while loading the world, bottom part is when triggering the sound.

Here is my sound.xml code:

<!-- ########## -->
<!-- Custom SFX -->
<!-- <AudioClip ClipName="#[NAME OF BUNDLE]?[NAME OF FILE IN BUNDLE]"/> -->
<config>
	<append xpath="/Sounds">
		<SoundDataNode name="PoisonApply">
			<AudioSource name="Sounds/AudioSource_WeaponFire"/>
			<Noise ID="2" noise="11" time="3" muffled_when_crouched="0.5"/>
			<AudioClip ClipName="#@modfolder:Resources/sounds_poisons.unity3d?snd_poison_apply"/>
			<LocalCrouchVolumeScale value="0.3"/> <CrouchNoiseScale value="0.5"/> <NoiseScale value="1"/> <MaxVoices value="5"/> <MaxRepeatRate value="0.01"/>
		</SoundDataNode>
		<SoundDataNode name="PoisonProc">
			<AudioSource name="Sounds/AudioSource_WeaponFire"/>
			<Noise ID="2" noise="11" time="3" muffled_when_crouched="0.5"/>
			<AudioClip ClipName="#@modfolder:Resources/sounds_poisons.unity3d?snd_poison_proc"/>
			<LocalCrouchVolumeScale value="0.3"/> <CrouchNoiseScale value="0.5"/> <NoiseScale value="1"/> <MaxVoices value="5"/> <MaxRepeatRate value="0.01"/>
		</SoundDataNode>
	</append>
</config>

The file "sounds_poisons.unity3d" directory is: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\mods\arpg_mode\Resources

What am I doing wrong / missing? Thanks.

5 hours ago, xyth said:

Unable to read header errors often mean you used the wrong version of Unity to make the .unity3d file for the version of the game build your trying to mod.  A19.6 uses Unity version: 2019.2.17f1

Thanks, this fixed the error issue, but now the issue is I'm not hearing the custom sounds (if i replace the sound to be placed with something like "breakleg" it plays that sound.
Example:

<!-- This plays the sound-->
<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="PlaySound" sound="breakleg"/>

<!-- This Does Not play the sound-->
<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="PlaySound" sound="PoisonProc"/>

<!-- sounds.xml snip for PoisonProc -->
<config>
  <append xpath="/Sounds">
    <SoundDataNode name="PoisonProc">
      <AudioSource name="Sounds/AudioSource_Impact"/>
      <Noise ID="1" noise="7" time="3" muffled_when_crouched="0.5"/>
      <AudioClip ClipName="#@modfolder:Resources/sounds_poisons.unity3d?snd_poison_proc"/>
    </SoundDataNode>
  </append>
</config>

Something is probably not right with how I have the SoundDataNode setup, but i am using a few references, so I'm not really sure why it doesnt play.

Edited by Bladestorm Games (see edit history)

Could be the sound is encoded incorrectly.  Just guessing now.  Id grab a known working custom sound, like take a sound .unity3d file from a working mod and use that sound in your xml.  If it works, the issue is your .unity3d file.  

(do what xyth says first... :) )

I could be wrong, but aren't the "Audio Sources" part of the "fixed volume of sounds"?  Maybe this isn't very loud because its a "AudioSource Impact"? Could you change it to another AudioSource? Or is the original volume of the new sound very low?  I've found that when I make new sounds they are much louder before I package them and add them to the game, I haven't seen a good reference for how to set the volumes of newly added sounds other than to "change the audio source"

Also: What format is the original audio source sound in? .wav, .ogg, etc. and mono/stereo?