Failed to join server try again later

Wazza95

Hi guys I need help please. I have tried joining some friends on a private server on Xbox. We have played online before but I recently re-installed the game and tried joining them, however it now keeps coming up with the same error that I cannot join try again later. I’ve set my NAT type to open, ive installed the game twice again, I tried it on my Xbox one and series x and same issue. I even started my own server and they kept getting the same issue trying to join me. The others can join their server and play no problem but I keep getting this issue. I’ve even used a different character. Any advice please?

Just to be clear, there are no servers for Xbox. You are playing person to person and either you or your friend is hosting the game on one of your machines. I would check with whomever is hosting and see whether you can connect with them for another game if you happen to have one in common. See if you can join some random player's 7 Days to Die game. If you can, then there might just be a network error going on with the friend you are tying to join. See if they can join a game you start where you are the host. Try working things out with your friends so that you can be the first one to join and see if that works. (Remember that 4 players total is the limit)

Unfortunately, there is no "server troubleshooting" that can be done because there are no servers. It is simply whether your xbox is able to communicate with your friend's xbox and the problem could be at your end, their end, or somewhere in the middle (check with your ISP).

Edited by Roland (see edit history)