How to mod tier attribute spread of random items?

Blasphemous

Items.xml seems to only affect stats of already spawned items, not their random generation. Maybe there is a different xml for that but I can't seem to find it.

What I want to do is change the base attributes of randomly spawned items depending on their tier.

Currently the difference between pistol level 1 and 2 is cosmetic. I want to get this to be at least 25% difference across all attributes, with no overlap between tiers.

Is it even possible to change that aspect of the game?

<passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="perc_add" value="-.15,.15" tags="perkGunslinger"/> <!-- random EntityDmg -->
<passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="perc_add" value=".1,.5" tier="2,6" tags="perkGunslinger"/> <!-- tier bonus -->

<passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="base_add" value="-2" tags="perkGunslinger"/>

The first two lines are in the pistols definition in items.xml. The last is inside the desert vulture definition.

The base damage of a gun is defined in the ammo definition. A gun may have an absolute bonus like the last line above to decrease the EntityDamage 

The first two lines are percent differences. The first line does the randomness, it simply says that a random value from -15% to +15% is added to the base damage.

The second line says that when you perk into gunslinger (from tier 2..6 with 1=unperked), it adds from 10% to 50% percent to the base damage.