The controversial Update to clothing ideas

kelmir_osue

2 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

What is actually needed is a light and heavy version of each set. I never use heavy armor. Never did in 5K hours. I am absolutly disgusted by the fact that you can´t choose between light and heavy.

Well this logical - riot armor is heavy or miltary suit as example. leather is quiet light so heavy leather armor would be stupid etc

3 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

What is actually needed is a light and heavy version of each set. I never use heavy armor. Never did in 5K hours. I am absolutly disgusted by the fact that you can´t choose between light and heavy.

Why does there have to be a light or heavy version of each set?  A set geared towards stealth is likely to be light armor.  Why does there need to be a heavy version?

Having to choose between sticking only with light armor (and forgoing specific bonuses) or being flexible on armor type but going with a specific bonus type set is something I can see them doing, as it forces a person to make a choice and have pros / cons based on that choice.

6 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@Matt115 @BFT2020 Don´t care about logic tbh. I don´t wanna use heavy armor ever.

If the bonuses are just an extra i will just not use any heavy armor, that´s fine. I just hope that you don´t get any disadvantages compared to what we have now when not using it.

Ok if you don't want to use heavy armor that's fine. but light and heavy variant's of some armors like iron is stupid. Better idea is to make this in skyrim style -bosmer is light orcs heavy but this same tier.  

So my sugestion is do this in this way: 

3 types of armor 

light - 0 parkour clothes  with five finger shoes  ,  1 cloth armor , 2 leather armor , 3 ghil suit . 4 spec ops armor 

medium  - 0  winter jacket , 1. punk jacket 2.  hispanic armor  3 swat suit  4 military suit 

heavy - 0 scrap armor , 1. steel armor ,2 medival armor 3 riot armor 4 juggenog armor ( something similiar to cod mw2 or payday juggenog armor- just modify saper suit)

and no classes suits  but with diffrent bonuses

hazmat, gasmask with doctor clothes,  hobo clothes etc

On 10/21/2021 at 9:38 AM, pApA^LeGBa said:

While I've used heavy armor, only in co-op though, I do agree with the sentiment expressed here. Heavy armor, even perked, is too much of a mobility and resource drain when you're having to depend on yourself to be your entire logistics train for me.

If the bonuses are just an extra i will just not use any heavy armor, that´s fine. I just hope that you don´t get any disadvantages compared to what we have now when not using it.

The radiation resistant armor concept is heavy. Wasteland is planned to be irradiated iirc and I do not recall them mentioning another way to gain rad resistance. Having an entire biome locked out for you is pretty damn restrictive.

On 10/10/2021 at 11:30 AM, Adam the Waster said:

Nerd armor looks..... Very... Stupid...

It is a pathetic insult and I hope the devs were just trolling us with it.

2 hours ago, hiemfire said:

I wouldn't say its a Insult, it just looks stupid

and i don't think so. the guy that made the zombie model for Spider zombie (idk his name)

before deleting it had a Uncolored Model of the nerd armor for males and females so its offical... 

7 hours ago, hiemfire said:

I see. They will make many kinds or armour with buffs and for all tastes eventually.

While I agree that it's ugly, the game won't hold your emotional hand nor will it be lenient towards your emotions or opinions, but the creator's ones (which are from a time that humour didn't give a crap about taste or offended people). It's a +18 game. If they want to have Zd kids that come out of a pregnant woman and cosplay nurses, they are entitled to. 

27 minutes ago, Blake_ said:

I see. They will make many kinds or armour with buffs and for all tastes eventually.

While I agree that it's ugly, the game won't hold your emotional hand nor will it be lenient towards your emotions or opinions, but the creator's ones (which are from a time that humour didn't give a crap about taste or offended people). It's a +18 game. If they want to have Zd kids that come out of a pregnant woman and cosplay nurses, they are entitled to. 

Every other of the concepts for the new armor fit a reasonable theme appearance wise, the nerd armor takes all of the worst stereotypes about a specific subgroup, dials them up to 11 and crams them into one package in a way that completely and jarringly breaks with the rest of the game. If the concept for it wasn't trolling, then it says allot about the originator of the concept, the artist that drew it and whom ever signed off on it.

Edited by hiemfire (see edit history)

23 minutes ago, hiemfire said:

Every other of the concepts for the new armor fit a reasonable theme appearance wise, the nerd armor takes all of the worst stereotypes about a specific subgroup, dials them up to 11 and crams them into one package in a way that completely and jarringly breaks with the rest of the game. If the concept for it wasn't trolling, then it says allot about the originator of the concept, the artist that drew it and whom ever signed off on it.

There are a lot of stereotypes in the game. From the store neon signs, to the flavour signs, pictures and paintings, along with Zds and clothing (nerdy glasses, cigar, cowboy, gothic-themed clothing). There's also Rekt, from whom I feel very offended by, and Jen (her assets are too big and I feel too arousily offended too!). Roland also offends me. I mean, a moderator Math teacher? come on. That is like having a Car Mechanic/house flipper Developer. Oh wait. Humans be humans. 

The Nerd armour is ridiculous. And ugly. And I love it. They should break one of the glasses and have it so the Zds steal his meal and lunch money.