Kire's house_1

Kire

On 10/2/2021 at 12:49 PM, Kire said:

Hey, so i thought i'd try out the editor and made my first prefab. I tried to replicate my real life house 😃
https://www.mediafire.com/file/u40qax0juzk6v71/Kire_House1.zip/file

I made a video of a testrun too:

Hide contents

Hi @Kire

Great work on your first poi. Welcome to prefabbing.

Is it ok to include this In the next Compopack release.

Stallionsden

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

• First thing's first: nice house. :)
  • I like that you gave the house a proper apocalypse treatment, with broken walls and trash strewn everywhere.
  • In the shed, you seem to use cupboards up high instead of cabinets.  The cupboard's textures look best on the ground.
  • Maybe your brightness is just set high, but the POI seemed very bright.  I like to only turn on a light if it will A) guide the player along the one true path, or B) when they're particularly effective to set the mood for a space.
  • Speaking of the one true path, it looks like the house is reversible: it can be navigated front-to-back or back-to-front.  If you want this to be a questable dungeon crawl, I encourage you to pick which end is the start and which is the finish, and lock the doors accordingly.
  • The house seemed very dense on loot.  It's tempting to overuse the newest decorative art, like the clothing racks and piles, everywhere they make sense, but I feel the rewards in this house are heavy relative to the risks.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/29/2021 at 3:00 AM, Crater Creator said:

• First thing's first: nice house. :)
  • I like that you gave the house a proper apocalypse treatment, with broken walls and trash strewn everywhere.
  • In the shed, you seem to use cupboards up high instead of cabinets.  The cupboard's textures look best on the ground.
  • Maybe your brightness is just set high, but the POI seemed very bright.  I like to only turn on a light if it will A) guide the player along the one true path, or B) when they're particularly effective to set the mood for a space.
  • Speaking of the one true path, it looks like the house is reversible: it can be navigated front-to-back or back-to-front.  If you want this to be a questable dungeon crawl, I encourage you to pick which end is the start and which is the finish, and lock the doors accordingly.
  • The house seemed very dense on loot.  It's tempting to overuse the newest decorative art, like the clothing racks and piles, everywhere they make sense, but I feel the rewards in this house are heavy relative to the risks.

wow that was a very in depth and insightful feedback.  Id love for you to test out my first POI.  I will give this one a try too!