Please REMOVE the Strip Club POI

Listening

So because something is offensive it must be removed? Lets go down the list of everything possibly offensive to everyone and remove it all. Welcome to Hello Kitty Island Adventure. We would not have a game if we bend to the will of everyone who might be offended. They exist in the real world. And the whole line of bull about "If it was made by women" I just point to masterful works like Batwoman for instance. A show made by a full team of lesbians that made Batwoman get more clam than Bruce ever did in one season. Women are just a degenerate as men and should not be assumed that anything would change. If anything they should be adding Men Strippers to even it out cause lord knows the Zombie apocalypse happened on a Tuesday.

Side note as a parent you should know this game is Mature Rated or will be. Meaning the themes are not meant for your children without context. What are they going to do in the real world once they leave your home and realize these places exist and your censorship actually causes more harm than a actual discussion about the world.

Edited by kidmo31 (see edit history)

5 hours ago, kidmo31 said:

Welcome to Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

My dogs find Hello Kitty highly offensive.

8 minutes ago, Maharin said:

My dogs find Hello Kitty highly offensive.

And my cat finds my dogs to be highly offensive.

On 9/29/2021 at 6:52 AM, Maharin said:

I'd be curious to know what women would think if they added a male strip club to the game to balance it out.

I'm sure the level designers would love it.  Maybe recreate the Blue Oyster Club from Police Academy. =P

5 hours ago, Gazz said:

I'm sure the level designers would love it.  Maybe recreate the Blue Oyster Club from Police Academy. =P

That would be pretty funny.

If I was a developer, I would want to sell my game to as many people as possible, and if parental controls on a game helps that, then why not?

The decision imo should be purely about money.  How much does it cost to add the controls vs how many extra income said controls might generate.

1 hour ago, pahbi said:

If I was a developer, I would want to sell my game to as many people as possible, and if parental controls on a game helps that, then why not?

The decision imo should be purely about money.  How much does it cost to add the controls vs how many extra income said controls might generate.

This is the best answer. Good Job! Have a Cookie!!

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

Feral ziplines.

7 hours ago, pahbi said:

Do parental controls make sense in a game with a M rating?  Just asking...

The parental controls should be "No, you cannot play this game until you are older. I don't care that all your friends are playing. If they all jumped

off a cliff, would you join them?"

(at least that's what ** I ** would have gotten from the parental units when I was younger.)

hmm, mind you, mentioning strippers, my father would have said "lemme see.  hmph. Green? You're not Capt. Kirk. Shoot her."

The parental controls go on the PC not the game.  You can control app access that way.  Doesn't really matter here though as the OP never said how old his kids are and/or they have their own PC or not.

Honestly, as a parent I'd be more concerned if my kids had their own phone with unrestricted access to the internet then this video games POIs...

I find it that OP is offended only with the Boobie trap, but is perfectly find with Munchie Carpet (Not straight bar for women) and Dicks bar (Not Straight bar for men) that are also in the game ?  I guess his Daughters would be fine with those two bars ?  Again TFP game is Mature and all tongue and cheek adult humor.   Oh wait Humor is offensive now, I keep forgetting... hard to keep track of these things.

Edited by Ripflex (see edit history)

On 9/27/2021 at 7:52 PM, Roland said:

Well that's not completely true. :) While most people (male or female) accept as a reality of life that strip clubs exist somewhere-- even within their own city, most would probably not want one to open up in or too near to their own neighborhood. So there is probably at least a little bit bad about them in the minds of most people.

I might just be to european to understand this xD
What is so bad about a stripclub?
I mean... except the noise... but that is the same as a disco or any other party place.

Is it because you connect it to crime?
Is it because you don't want your kids to randomly stumble upon it/walk next to it?  And if they do... what is so bad about it?
They aren't getting in. And if they are interested, you can just tell them that it is a place for grownups and explain once they are older.

Or is it a big city thing where stripclubs are just the beginning of a change in clientel of the block or something?

Please. I honestly don't get it :D

I can't speak for others but it is mostly the clientele that would be hanging around the neighborhood for me. In the USA, especially smaller towns it is common for members of a neighborhood to actively protest certain businesses from going up too close to their residences or their schools. Strip clubs aren't the only types. There are others as well.

36 minutes ago, Roland said:

I can't speak for others but it is mostly the clientele that would be hanging around the neighborhood for me. In the USA, especially smaller towns it is common for members of a neighborhood to actively protest certain businesses from going up too close to their residences or their schools. Strip clubs aren't the only types. There are others as well.

Weird. but I guess that is a cultural difference after all. What seems normal to me, is a near taboo for others.
Thx for explaining. I've heard about it, but I always thought those were just the christian fundamentalists that protest basicially everything.
Didn't know it was like a common thing.

actually i dont point at a particular group so to speak. i point at (someone always wants to control what others do) as being the mentality behind all of it.

now while others will say i am wrong, just think about it.. people wouple would play and worry about their own lives, then they wouldnt need to be so concerned with johnny henry is doing. :)

maybe i do look at it wrong but after 63 years of seeing it.. :)

20 minutes ago, Viktoriusiii said:

Weird. but I guess that is a cultural difference after all. What seems normal to me, is a near taboo for others.
Thx for explaining. I've heard about it, but I always thought those were just the christian fundamentalists that protest basicially everything.
Didn't know it was like a common thing.

Its definitely not merely a Christian Fundamentalist thing as there are many towns and cities that have statutes written into their local laws that prohibit certain establishments from being built within a certain radius of residential neighborhoods and schools. In those cases it doesn't even require any local activism to prevent it. The businesses can't even get a permit to begin with if they try to build in a particular area. It is just those cases where there is no statute but the local neighborhoods don't want it in their neighborhood and they get together to protest and have it moved.

And it's not just businesses that are deemed sexually inappropriate by the locals but also for other reasons. We had a Walmart that had to change its location because the local small businesses got all the nearby residential zones to protest it. Walmart decided not to fight and just found a new location elsewhere in town. Marijuana dispensaries are also often blocked from being able to be built near neighborhoods that don't want them nearby.

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

We don't have zoning here so everything is done by our home owners associations, no clue how businesses are blocked or allowed. 

I know a sex doll rental shop was somehow blocked from being built in Houston, but I think it was the concept that was blocked not a location issue. 

Edited by Guppycur (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Guppycur said:

We don't have zoning here so everything is done by our home owners associations, no clue how businesses are blocked or allowed. 

I know a sex doll rental shop was somehow blocked from being built in Houston, but I think it was the concept that was blocked not a location issue. 

We'll always have your POI, so we're good. Seriously, I laughed till I cried the first time I adventured in your "toy rental shop."

56 minutes ago, Maharin said:

An extinction machine with the primary purpose of extincting itself.  Is extincting a word?

"Exterminate!!!!!!"

"The mankind is the Dalek of mankind" - Thomas Hobbes....or something like that

Edited by RBN (see edit history)