Jump to content

Please REMOVE the Strip Club POI


Listening
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 9/23/2021 at 8:52 PM, Listening said:

 

So this is going to going to be controversial, but shouldn't be. There is currently a couple of POI's that are of concern, but the Strip Club is the biggy. I've been considering this post for some time but on seeing some of the A20 previews it seems like they are making more variations on this POI and therefore time to step up.

 

Note, I am the father of young women who love this kind of game. But I dont feel comfortable with the mysoginistic imagery of the Strip Club. Corpes of women in cages exaserbate the impact of a place that is all about objectification of women.

 

A test for this sort of thing, in my mind, is to consider if the game was designed by women would the POI have made it in. Fairly sure it wouldn't.

 

I do sense that TFP's do have some awareness of the issue. Female characters are getting better outfits; Stripper has actual clothes, nurse getting a typical gender neutral outfit rather have some cliche from the 50's (although every female character now has very large breasts which is also a real image issue for women). 

 

Please consider this feedback seriously. While the expectation is that the games market is male why put up barriers to females. More players equals more sales and a better community.

 

If you read this and agree please speak up.

"Hop in, we are going to find out who asked"


its a small joke in the game bruh, Calm down.

and yes if you didn't know stripe clubs are a thing ya know. i got like 7 of them around were i live, its not my cup of tea but oh well.

also the game is rated M for mature. Your fine with Trader bob being a @%$#, heads being chopped off, Killing dogs, But a place called "the boobie trap" OH THAT TOO MUCH!

enjoy your soy milk

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The "strip clubs and sex work are demeaning to women"  cracks me the f up.  I was getting 50 bucks an hour to model nude for an art class in college.  As an actual feminist who knows what the word actually means, I find this attitude archaic and demeaning.  Who are you to judge a woman if she sells what she has because a man (or woman) wants to pay her for that service?  Women don't need protection, they don't need anyone hoisting some moral righteous flag about how they are being objectified or demeaned because they have something people (including me) enjoy looking at.  They can't all be rocket scientists and if what they have is a body that won't quit... use what you have. (omgosh let me tell you about that red headed stripper and she had freckles EVERYWHERE!)

 

As far as strip clubs being in a video game... hmmm They are The Fun Pimps, strip club seems right up their alley.  I have a friend that plays GTA and you can solicit the prostitutes in that game and then rip them off.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Guppycur said:

Sheeeeit, I love to watch the women manipulate stupid men.  Even better when they're nekkid. 

I took my hubby and one of his friend's once.  His wife and I went shopping and when we came back the friend was talking to one of the girls explaining how intelligent she was and how he really liked her. I was like wth the other head was obviously suffering from lack of blood supply good grief.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have the strip club, the adult theater.  Still missing the brothel, massage parlor, and Adult Bookstore.  (moar books pls!)

 

And bring back the real strippers pls. (and make'em  really aggressive ones too)

With the jiggly physics in now, put pasties on the bits that seem to cause people to go spastic.  :D  (would kinda funny to see)

Course the strippers should have the garter with a few dollar bills stuck in it. 

 

Mind you, I do NOT suggest lap dances from these dancers.  nope nope nope!

(nor any of the .. ahem, "extra services")

 

Zombie Apocolypse, we're blowing up, dismembering etc, and someone(s) is worried about a Strip Club?

 

:crazy:

 

(I know, don't feed the trolls. but I do like the idea of the jiggly pasties)   :canada:

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, canadianbluebeer said:

We have the strip club, the adult theater.  Still missing the brothel, massage parlor, and Adult Bookstore.  (moar books pls!)

 

And bring back the real strippers pls. (and make'em  really aggressive ones too)

With the jiggly physics in now, put pasties on the bits that seem to cause people to go spastic.  :D  (would kinda funny to see)

Course the strippers should have the garter with a few dollar bills stuck in it. 

 

Mind you, I do NOT suggest lap dances from these dancers.  nope nope nope!

(nor any of the .. ahem, "extra services")

 

Zombie Apocolypse, we're blowing up, dismembering etc, and someone(s) is worried about a Strip Club?

 

:crazy:

 

(I know, don't feed the trolls. but I do like the idea of the jiggly pasties)   :canada:

 

I believe they don't have the old strippers anymore due to Youtubes ToS, and Twitch doesn't allow nudity either.

 

It just means anyone sponsoring or showing off 7 days to Die needs to censor their content or not stream it on twitch.. It doesn't work for the devs either since they do their streamer week before a new alpha and getting banned is the last thing they need.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The game, like any creativity, is just a reflection of reality. Abstract, hypertrophied, exaggerated, but still a reflection. If you are really worried about the problems  with the attitude towards women or other discriminated groups of people, you should look for the reasons not in games, but in reality. For example, in the socio-economic formation, which determines all aspects of human relationships. And act accordingly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, canadianbluebeer said:

Mind you, I do NOT suggest lap dances from these dancers.

Hmm... I wouldn't count that entirely out, we have bandits coming, you know. And even Jen is due some protection payments, I'm pretty sure she could use some extra income ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, theFlu said:

Hmm... I wouldn't count that entirely out, we have bandits coming, you know. And even Jen is due some protection payments, I'm pretty sure she could use some extra income ...

 

Until Rekt shows up in her place wearing a lacey bra and a pink tutu.

  • Haha 1
  • Afraid 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/23/2021 at 7:52 PM, Listening said:

 

Blah Blah Blah

So what are your thoughts on the "Lady Killer" challenge in the game? Demeaning to women, or sexist as there's no "Gentleman Slayer" challenge? Get yer pitchforks, we ride at dawn!

 

This is all complete sarcasm. This thread has cost me precious brain cells. I want a refund.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/24/2021 at 2:52 AM, Listening said:

 

So this is going to going to be controversial, but shouldn't be. There is currently a couple of POI's that are of concern, but the Strip Club is the biggy. I've been considering this post for some time but on seeing some of the A20 previews it seems like they are making more variations on this POI and therefore time to step up.

 

Note, I am the father of young women who love this kind of game. But I dont feel comfortable with the mysoginistic imagery of the Strip Club. Corpes of women in cages exaserbate the impact of a place that is all about objectification of women.

 

A test for this sort of thing, in my mind, is to consider if the game was designed by women would the POI have made it in. Fairly sure it wouldn't.

 

I do sense that TFP's do have some awareness of the issue. Female characters are getting better outfits; Stripper has actual clothes, nurse getting a typical gender neutral outfit rather have some cliche from the 50's (although every female character now has very large breasts which is also a real image issue for women). 

 

Please consider this feedback seriously. While the expectation is that the games market is male why put up barriers to females. More players equals more sales and a better community.

 

If you read this and agree please speak up.

 

As a woman, the stripper zombie and stripper POI don't offend me. I do think there needs to be a male stripper zombie though. If I saw a buff zombie wearing nothing but a dollar wadded silver thong, I would find that hilarious.

 

If anything would offend me as a women it would be trader Jen's shirt. That's not the shirt a doctor and business women would typically wear. It's something I'd expect to see on an attention-seeking high school girl. Still, not enough to get me upset though, just an observation.

 

I do appreciate your point of view and sensitivity towards women though. I just think it's a slight over reaction.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/24/2021 at 11:19 AM, Listening said:

Maharin,

I have modded it out. That is not my point. The point is simply that it is offensive to some, that some being a gender.

 

Women have to cope and accept sexism in all its forms all the time. Agreed, this is not an in your face issue. It is part of a general societal position objectifying women. 

 

But since you've mentioned modding, don't you think it would be better to take the view that such POI's should be "Mod-In" if desired, rather than expecting people to take them out after experiencing them. 

It is a game... 

 

if you dont like a poi mod it out.  It is simple as you stated. Dont bring that stuff into a game.  It is a game not real not based on anything. 

 

Yes I have daughters to and they make their own decisions and they play the game and have no issues with any of the game inc the stripper club. 

 

In real life they can stand their own as well and my girls don't take rubbish from anyone. But to come into a game and bring rl stuff is pushing it. Mod it out and play your game how you want, let others play how they want. 

 

Or start your own game... 

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/24/2021 at 7:50 PM, JCrook1028 said:

Stripper zombies is gone and the strip club has not made anyplace ban the game. Next.

 

The stripper zombies are still in the game. They're just not topless anymore. They're now in tiny tight dresses and stiletto heals.  I actually quite like them. I think they've been modeled, textured, and animated really well. Also really comical to see them hobbling around in the heals. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh my lol.

 

*Grabs popcorn*

 

I remember once i had to remove the strippers for a player.

I instead had him rent a server, and we customised it for him and his family.

 

My vote is they should stay and the OP.  should just mod them out or find someone willing to do it for him. ($$$)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No, no no, nothing about the stripper poi or stripper zombies makes me feel objectified. In reality, nothing about removing money from dumb horny men seems objectifying of women. Personally, if I was younger and had the body I would be up there being "objectified" and makin that cash too. LOL

 

Kidding aside, seriously, its a game, play it or don't. I am glad you are looking out for your daughters and this is one thing you can control. Play it dont, You can also mod it to your liking.  Remember they are going to encounter a lot of adversary in their lives. Teach them to be strong to deal with it personally, but do not give in to this cancel culture mentality. It helps no one and soon freedom wont be freedom anymore.

 

Personally, this lady votes for the strippers to stay!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, hotpoon said:

 

The stripper zombies are still in the game. They're just not topless anymore. They're now in tiny tight dresses and stiletto heals.  I actually quite like them. I think they've been modeled, textured, and animated really well. Also really comical to see them hobbling around in the heals. 

Yes, the Party Girl zombie. That's how the Devs referred to her now so she fits in more locations. Not sure if they have changed the file name for the model name for A20 or not but that's what she is, not the Stripper. But yes, they are indeed much better.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, hotpoon said:

 

The stripper zombies are still in the game. They're just not topless anymore. They're now in tiny tight dresses and stiletto heals.  I actually quite like them. I think they've been modeled, textured, and animated really well. Also really comical to see them hobbling around in the heals. 

i got this feeling the party girl is a tactic to kill players quicker and or easier, the reason is obvious... players have to stop to observe the slinky movements and wonder if they will see an easter egg of sorts and then WHAMO ya be dying or dead. :) i know i got B-Slapped a few times (and yes once from my wife for staring).. i told her i am a tester and had to test the visuals.

  • Haha 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, unholyjoe said:

i got this feeling the party girl is a tactic to kill players quicker and or easier, the reason is obvious... players have to stop to observe the slinky movements and wonder if they will see an easter egg of sorts and then WHAMO ya be dying or dead. :) i know i got B-Slapped a few times (and yes once from my wife for staring).. i told her i am a tester and had to test the visuals.

Well... good thing about 7dtd: this is not conan'exile because if she saw you test how " tool" of naked guy works she could start thinking about divorce 😅

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/24/2021 at 2:52 AM, Listening said:

 

Note, I am the father of young women who love this kind of game. But I dont feel comfortable with the mysoginistic imagery of the Strip Club. Corpes of women in cages exaserbate the impact of a place that is all about objectification of women.

Strip clubs are a part of society. Nothing bad about them.
If she is old enough for zombies, she is old enough for strip clubs and their meaning (aka, that there is a reason they exist beyond "mah mysogony"

 

 

 

 

On 9/24/2021 at 2:52 AM, Listening said:

A test for this sort of thing, in my mind, is to consider if the game was designed by women would the POI have made it in. Fairly sure it wouldn't.

I know plenty of women who don't mind. They are grown ups and know that these places exist and that there is nothing bad about them. Be it male/female strip club.

 

 

On 9/24/2021 at 2:52 AM, Listening said:

Please consider this feedback seriously. While the expectation is that the games market is male why put up barriers to females. More players equals more sales and a better community.

I am. Sad to say... I 100% disagree. This sounds like outrage and less real reason for concern.

It sounds to me like "remove the Woodcutter, because his masculine body is bodyshaming!"

I mean... the poi should be pretty easily removed... in the poi xml...
and I am sure that ppl here in the forums will gladly help you.

Just don't ask everyone to conform to your personal dislike of it ❤️


It's ok to raise the point, but you can see that many people do not see this as an issue in an adult game :)
 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/25/2021 at 6:25 AM, Adam the Waster said:

"Hop in, we are going to find out who asked"


its a small joke in the game bruh, Calm down.

and yes if you didn't know stripe clubs are a thing ya know. i got like 7 of them around were i live, its not my cup of tea but oh well.

also the game is rated M for mature. Your fine with Trader bob being a @%$#, heads being chopped off, Killing dogs, But a place called "the boobie trap" OH THAT TOO MUCH!

enjoy your soy milk

i have always found that ironic people have no issue with all the blood guts gore and swearing but the second they see a half naked woman they lose their bloody minds

Edited by 7daystodierocks (see edit history)
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bring back the old stripper zombie.  Add tiny propellers as a random attachment that can be a rare loot drop.

 

 

Also add ChippenDale dudes to the wasteland wearing only a banna-hammock.   Also a rare drop.  I wish to do horde night wearing only a used thong.  That is my request Mr. MadMole.

Edited by Orclover (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Viktoriusiii said:

They are grown ups and know that these places exist and that there is nothing bad about them.

 

Well that's not completely true. :) While most people (male or female) accept as a reality of life that strip clubs exist somewhere-- even within their own city, most would probably not want one to open up in or too near to their own neighborhood. So there is probably at least a little bit bad about them in the minds of most people. 

 

But...even though I wouldn't want one in or near my own neighborhood in real life, I have no problem with them being in the game. I mean they are not even depicted as being in business but are instead closed and boarded up like everything else in the post apocalypse except for the Trader stations. But even if the Duke's casino gets added and if there is a currently operating stripper club in that casino, I wouldn't be against that being in the game. Just like life, we simply avoid places we don't want to go if we feel that it is wrong to go there. I think the game is better for presenting moral dilemmas and choices-- not just to the character but to the player. If a person has a moral code that prohibits them from going to a strip club then there should be no problem with one being in the game. They just need to follow their moral code. If they are afraid they might be weak willed in keeping to their code then they can mod out the POI or just move on to a game that doesn't make them face their inner demons. Everyone is different. I have a friend who is an alcoholic and he won't everr enter a bar again for the rest of his life because he doesn't want to walk the edge of the cliff and feels more secure staying well back and away from the temptation to break his promise. Others with a stronger will could probably sit in a bar easily and stick to their vow to never drink again. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Roland locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...