Schematic Icon "changing the little book on the top left"

Vanblam

11 hours ago, bdubyah said:

It is possible. Khzmusik has a "Book Icons" mod here:

And the git repo is here: https://gitlab.com/karlgiesing/7d2d-a19-modlets/-/tree/master/khzmusik_Book_Icons

It has a pretty in deph explanation at the bottom.

Thank you very much :D. The only problem I'm having is that I cannot get this to work on my new item schematics, seems to only work on the vanilla schematics. I tried changing my new schematic manually and it still did not change at all. I'm sure it's something stupid that I am not noticing lol. I do have my mod loading first, then khzmusik's "Book Icons" mod.

Edited by Vanblam (see edit history)

59 minutes ago, Vanblam said:

Thank you very much :D. The only problem I'm having is that I cannot get this to work on my new item schematics, seems to only work on the vanilla schematics. I tried changing my new schematic manually and it still did not change at all. I'm sure it's something stupid that I am not noticing lol. I do have my mod loading first, then khzmusik's "Book Icons" mod.

Can you post on how you did your schematics code?  I checked khzmusik's code out and it should do it for all of them, including yours.

1 hour ago, Vanblam said:

If your schematic descends from "schematicMaster" then it should work. Otherwise you would have to add the icon properties in your schematic's XML code.

If you look in the README.md file of my modlet, the technical details should get you started.

Also - and I did not realize this when I made my modlet - you do not have to stick with the icons supplied by the game. You can also supply your own. @Jegethy did that in his own modlet that changes the book icons:

1 hour ago, BFT2020 said:

Can you post on how you did your schematics code?  I checked khzmusik's code out and it should do it for all of them, including yours.

I just noticed what I did wrong, and you were already on the right track to check my schematic. FACE PALM! , it was unlocking the wrong item hahaha...  Thank you all for your help :)

3 minutes ago, khzmusik said:

If your schematic descends from "schematicMaster" then it should work. Otherwise you would have to add the icon properties in your schematic's XML code.

If you look in the README.md file of my modlet, the technical details should get you started.

Also - and I did not realize this when I made my modlet - you do not have to stick with the icons supplied by the game. You can also supply your own. @Jegethy did that in his own modlet that changes the book icons:

Custom icons you say O.O , I'm all over that :D. I have a couple blueprint paper textures I would like to mess around with :)

oops, didn't mean to double quote there lol.