Repair water

Ischtara

I had started to build a hut in the lake. A few support pillars from the bottom of the lake and a platform on the water surface.
So far so good. But after I had changed my mind and dismantled the blocks again, there are now holes in the water. Is there a way to repair the water? I already tried to do something with the water blocks from the creative menu, but I could not set any new blocks. Does anyone have another idea?

spacer.png

You have to find the ultra rare water wrench.  It's usually held by the water wrench witch except when her uncle is borrowing it and then it is referred to as Willie's water wrench.

On an unrelated note, water is going to get an overhaul at some point.  You might be able to fix it with a bucket and dumping water into the "holes" starting at the bottom and working your way up.  Yeah, it's that ugly, not unlike the witch.

Yeah water is kind of whacky. I believe there are water blocks in creative that is probably the best way to fix it or as said above get buckets of water from another location and pour them out where you need water.

I haven’t been able to figure out water because sometime a bucket full doesn't remove the block and other times it does and other times multiple buckets remove the block. Same with filling water sometime a block of water gets remove and it fills back in other times it doesn’t.

Yeh, water is all kinds of wonky; couple useful tidbits:

- Pouring water from a bucket creates more water than picking up a bucketful consumes. Usually. Try it out on dry floor, pour a bucket, pick up, you'll have water on the floor and a full bucket.

- The issue with placing water on a lake is mainly the aiming system; you can't aim at a water block to pour, you need a solid block to aim at. (lake / any other deep water target)

- To fix the holes, if you're close enough to shore, you can build a "bridge" above the water, from the shore, to throw water at. Above the water, so removing it won't cause more holes. (wood frames or if you're between 8 and 15 blocks away, check forge for iron frames)

- If you're too far (> 15 blocks) from shore, you can build support pillars from the bottom, but removing them will leave holes to fill as well. So you'll likely want a bridge from shore to get the support holes filled too.

On 9/18/2021 at 11:33 PM, grimreefer24601 said:

Does water not flow anymore? Been ages since I tried. Used to dig trenches for my garden. That's not needed anymore. Kind of miss that. Used to make water falls into my bedrock lair to water my garden. One open block for light.

A lot has changed.

no, unfortunately not. a cracked hole has appeared, which in some places reaches down to the bottom of the lake. Obviously, this mainly affects the places where I had built the columns. I copied the savegame and experimented a bit.The most successful attempt so far was to import the sector involved by an unchanged one from another game (e.g. r.0.0.7rg).

This at least allowed me to repair the lake. But I had to redo a few things. Thanks to CreativeMode, however, not quite so complicated. Since I primarily play on the Navesgane map, this is relatively easy to replace. 

Edited by Ischtara (see edit history)