Building blocks

Kayo

Hey,

So im new to the game and as i was searching for building blocks in the creative menu i found the "Steel Block", as this item as 7k life points i thought this was the best item to use but i can't get it...
And if i can't get this anymore whats the best block to build?
Im quite new so i don't know how this comunity operates, sorry for any mistake that i may have done 🤔

Steel is "advanced" tech for which you need a crucible. You can find a crucible, buy it from a trader, find the crucible schematic and build it or learn the schematic automatically with a perk in the INTELLIGENCE tree

You usually use cobblestone at the start of the game (you can upgrade it once). Later you can produce cement (with a cement mixer) and build with concrecte (again you can upgrade it once). Last stage is steel (no upgrade)

Upgrades will be removed in the next alpha

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Maharin said:

That still doesn't translate to "upgrades being removed in the next alpha" to my brain.  :p

You got a replacement brain somewhere? 😎

By the way, you might notice that in the second paragraph of my posting above I was talking about upgrades (for example from concrete to reinforced concrete). I was referencing these upgrades in the third paragraph, not upgrades in general. Maybe I should have said "Those upgrades I mentioned..." to make this obvious

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

15 hours ago, meganoth said:

From page 1 of the Dev Dairy:

Simplified upgrade path: Frame/Particle Board -> Wood -> Stone -> Concrete -> Steel

19 hours ago, meganoth said:

Upgrades will be removed in the next alpha

We know what you meant (that some of the upgrades are being removed to make it simpler - less clicks, but obviously your statement could be taken a different way altogether.

That, and it gave us an opportunity to give you a hard time  😉

7 hours ago, White-Gandalf said:

There are exactly two use- and helpful answers in this whole thread, both by meganoth. The rest is silly @%$#chat. It looks to my brain as if you want the newbies to be scared away...

You can probably take that as universal agreement with what Meganoth answered. The question wasn't really a debatable issue question, it was a factual question and once the facts were delivered there wasn't a whole lot of need to belabor those facts by repetition. People like to talk and sometimes a question once answered will spark conversation in a new direction. If the question was never answered then it would be a bad thing but...asked and answered.

I doubt this innocuous thread would scare anyone away. More like....attract junior moderators... :)