Infinate Recouces Exploit.

jeromeN7

On 9/14/2021 at 12:49 AM, unholyjoe said:

Just go get new job from trader, and you still get infinite resources. As long as you can take 5 jobs from each trader every day (every 60min real time). You will have unlimited resources. No much need for exploits use, when game itself gives you the option endlessly farm jobs.

Well....starting a quest and going straight to the loot room and looting it and then logging out and then back in again to disrupt the quest and repeating is a lot speedier and therefore a lot more exploitive if you are playing competitively on a PvP server. If you are not playing competitively then it is really just a pointless gamey thing to do that ruins immersion and the great progression pacing that the game has built into it so you are just hurting yourself. Opening the creative menu and just using it for everything would be simpler. If you hate the slow progression there are in game options you can choose to speed that up without resorting to using logging in and out of the game as your main tactic.

So I can see a need to close this particular exploit to keep competitive play fair and square. I see someone spamming different quests as a legitimate way to try and outpace competition-- which your competition can do as well and it is all within the confines of expected gameplay and the more skillful player would come out ahead-- which the act of logging out and back in again to disrupt a quest is most decidedly not part of the game and tests no particular gameplay skill against another.

Sorry I didn't post this on the bug report forum, I wasn't trying to report it. I figured people knew about it already. I was just trying to open a dialog on the subject.

I discovered this exploit by accident and didn't wish to exploit it, but it was too late. I had looted a whole bunch of concrete and cobblestone, then I had to quit.

When I started it back up, I didn't expect I would be forced to reset the POI/Quest.

Also, I already knew about looting the POI, then starting the quest to reset it exploit. I hope that gets fixed too.

14 hours ago, Roland said:

Well....starting a quest and going straight to the loot room and looting it and then logging out and then back in again to disrupt the quest and repeating is a lot speedier and therefore a lot more exploitive if you are playing competitively on a PvP server. If you are not playing competitively then it is really just a pointless gamey thing to do that ruins immersion and the great progression pacing that the game has built into it so you are just hurting yourself. Opening the creative menu and just using it for everything would be simpler. If you hate the slow progression there are in game options you can choose to speed that up without resorting to using logging in and out of the game as your main tactic.

So I can see a need to close this particular exploit to keep competitive play fair and square. I see someone spamming different quests as a legitimate way to try and outpace competition-- which your competition can do as well and it is all within the confines of expected gameplay and the more skillful player would come out ahead-- which the act of logging out and back in again to disrupt a quest is most decidedly not part of the game and tests no particular gameplay skill against another.

I'd also like to add, it is not as exploitable early game as you're gonna keep getting spammed with items that you can loot, though the zombies would be an infinite level early game, which there are still plenty of. The only real use you would get is XP and foid/drinks.

Still useful and I don't think anyone should use it, but it isn't all that in the end.