Endgame activities?

Spuder

On 10/15/2021 at 4:38 AM, Laz Man said:

Nice job.  Is that the tall remnant building that is destroyed diagonally?  If you haven't checked out the level design dev stream (#3?), I show cased the face lift I did on it using the new a20 shapes. 😄

Yep, that's the one. I will definitely look at that 

Edited by Slaasher (see edit history)

12 hours ago, kumarrkirann920 said:

The problem with this game is, that you progress way too fast. There is pretty much nothing that can stop you on day 30. You barely get to the point where hordes last all night before you are pretty much OP.

I'm on day 68 and haven't had a horde last all night yet. I'm playing on default 60 minute days so maybe my nights are longer than yours. I am playing with max alive 16 though so the moments when there isn't a target to splatter aren't real common on horde night. I think the problem though isn't that players can progress too fast, I think it's that the game pushes players to advance as fast as possible. From day one you can run into ferals in PoI's that maybe we should know better than to be venturing into, and just sprinkled around after dark. Knowing that the horde is coming in a few hours and with pressures to get food and build a base, the game strongly pushes players to level up and fast. Personally I like that kind of pressure and stress in the game, as it is what makes replaying the game over and over fun.

Hey, this is the question (what to do towards the end) that we all face, my approach is to come up with my own goals, to keep interest going, I play on Loki server #1, over day 4000, I've been at max lvl for a long time, so the solution is to forget the game goals and be creative with my own, I like tactical zombie combat, already done a bunch of bases & established  a player store, latest goal is 250,000 zombie "deaths" b4 Alpha20, obviously the fate of the world hangs on this, lol

On 10/19/2021 at 4:52 AM, kumarrkirann920 said:

The problem with this game is, that you progress way too fast. There is pretty much nothing that can stop you on day 30. You barely get to the point where hordes last all night before you are pretty much OP.

So slow down. If you progress too fast you are probably doing things to progress overly fast. You can also change the xp gains to 50% and be slowed that way.

Next time you restart, cancel the tutorial quest and forego the free 4 points. 

Only take one quest per day (once you find a trader without being led to a trader).

Change the death penalty to "Delete all on death". That can set you back and slow you down by quite a bit. Nothing like losing all your prime weapons, armor, and supplies and having to return to primitive stuff until you can acquire new things again.

On 10/19/2021 at 5:45 PM, Whorhay said:

the game strongly pushes players to level up and fast.

I don't feel that pressure at all-- but probably because I understand that the faster I level up the higher the gamestage will be and tougher the hordes and enemies. If you understand how the game progression works then you are actually pushed to progress at a moderate to slow rate so that your gear levels all stay ahead of the gamestage curve of the game. If you level up fast then the gamestage curve can outpace your gear and make the game tougher.

Many games do promote grinding to quickly level up so that you can be higher level than the enemies around you but in this game your level is a factor of the gamestage difficulty so leveling up quickly can backfire on you if you don't expect it.

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't race for levels or do stuff to deliberately pile up levels. Tons of stuff is level gated though, and so if you want to be able to do stuff other than deliberately hobble yourself then you'll take every opportunity to earn exp. Gamestage advances with days played as well as player level, so by not leveling you're possibly just hurting your chances by getting behind the curve.

2 hours ago, Whorhay said:

I don't race for levels or do stuff to deliberately pile up levels. Tons of stuff is level gated though, and so if you want to be able to do stuff other than deliberately hobble yourself then you'll take every opportunity to earn exp. Gamestage advances with days played as well as player level, so by not leveling you're possibly just hurting your chances by getting behind the curve.

That is incorrect, I believe its based on a factor of days survived since your last death and your level.  Gamestage based on the day number was changed at least a couple of alphas ago.  This way, a level 1 character joining a server on day 1000 has appropriately scaled difficulty if not in party with others.

https://7daystodie.fandom.com/wiki/Gamestage#Calculation_-_Party

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)

8 hours ago, Whorhay said:

As LazMan said. Since "days survived" is capped at player level for gamestage calculation it is actually easier if you try to avoid getting xp and just collect loot (better equipment, books, mods and materials make you better as well while the zombies stay at the low gamestage). But even looting generates xp so you can't avoid leveling up, just slow it down.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

Directly from the game file

DaysSurvived:
    This is a running total, kept for every individual player.

Every 24 hours GAME time 1 (day) is added.
    On every death "daysAliveChangeWhenKilled" is subtracted from the total.

After this the daysAlive is capped.
    It is low-capped at 0, high-capped at "your player level".
    At player level 41 you can have a daysSurvived value anywhere from 0 to 41.

gameStage = ( playerLevel + daysSurvived ) * difficultyBonus

So if a player was level 10 and survived 4 days playing when the game stage points are calculated the game stage points would be
gameStage = (Player Level 10 + Days Survived 4 ) X difficultyBonus 1.2

The total would be 16.8 or 16 game stage points.