Problem using "Borderless Fullscreen" with Windows 10 / GeForce (solved)

White-Gandalf

My girlfriend and i have mostly similar PCs, running Windows 10 and using Nvidia GeForce graphic cards.

While i can run 7DTD in borderless fullscreen mode using "twitch chat overlay" on top of it, my girlfriend lately (discovered just this week) became unable to do so. While having been able to use it beforehand.

At the moment, i have nearly no clou about what may be the cause and how to react. If there is someone out there who has experienced a similar behavior, i would be glad to hear about it to compare circumstances and discuss ways to circumvent it.

The only crucial difference between our systems is that i am belonging to people who common folks call "paranoid" concerning security measures. I have very strict rules on my PC's what accounts are allowed what actions, have a tight software restriction policy in place and am conservative in regard to updates of a running system. Thus, my graphic drivers are two years older than hers, my windows as well (my from 2019, hers from last month).

THAT, however, usually comes out at MY PC being unable to perform certain actions (which is usually a (by me) wanted behavior). So i doubt that this detail could have something to do with the problem at hand.

Is it possible that i have missed some settings in the game or game launcher? Or are there settings hidden in some config files that could have something to do with the "borderless fullscreen" control?

Edited by White-Gandalf
problem solved (see edit history)

• White-Gandalf changed the title to Problem using "Borderless Fullscreen" with Windows 10 / GeForce (solved)