Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
DonDregon

DonDregon

On 8/13/2021 at 4:23 PM, Jugginator said:

This game/most games in general most effectively use 4 cores especially with Ryzen, so limiting the game to 4 will allow it to utilize resources easier.

@Naz has done a lot of nice writing up about it, can see more here (there's some benchmarking posts he's done and etc too) along with other feedback which would likely help you out: 

Ok guys I read this limit to 4 true cores and that all but... tbh I'm not gonna install any software to play with the cores to play a game, I thought there was any launch command or game setting such config files or whatever but as long as it seems the only way is using third party software.. I'll just avoid that. Not for a weird reason, I'm a software engineer myself and I've my computer tweaked to work well and working is my main job on the computer, gaming is the second so... priorities.

I was playing with the settings, I'll detail the current config:

2560x1440p, full screen
dynamic res. -> disabled
vsync -> disabled
FoV -> 75 (i've a curved monitor and usually like to increase the default a bit, for reference, default is 65, max is 85).

In quality I've set the settings to Ultra and then I edited the following:
- Reflected shadows -> Disabled
- shadow distance -> Close
- Depth of field -> Disabled
- Blur -> Disabled

- SS reflections -> low
- Sun rays -> disabled

Tried moving around my underground base, then to the horde base where i got an average of 20fps most of the time, run a bit near my house and... I'm getting 50 fps on the heavy places where I got 20 before, and the rest of the time I get between 58 and 92 so it's ok to me, nice for your time :)

DonDregon

DonDregon

This game/most games in general most effectively use 4 cores especially with Ryzen, so limiting the game to 4 will allow it to utilize resources easier.

@Naz has done a lot of nice writing up about it, can see more here (there's some benchmarking posts he's done and etc too) along with other feedback which would likely help you out: 

Ok guys I read this limit to 4 true cores and that all but... tbh I'm not gonna install any software to play with the cores to play a game, I thought there was any launch command or game setting such config files or whatever but as long as it seems the only way is using third party software.. I'll just avoid that. Not for a weird reason, I'm software engineer myself and I've my computer tweaked to work well and working is my main job on the computer, gaming is the second so... priorities.

2560x1440p, full screen
dynamic res. -> disabled
vsync -> disabled
FoV -> 75 (i've a curved monitor and usually like to increase the default a bit, for reference, default is 65, max is 85).

- Blur -> Disabled

- SS reflections -> low
- Sun rays -> disabled

Tried moving around my underground base, then to the horde base where i got an average of 20fps most of the time, run a bit near my house and... I'm getting 50 fps on the heavy places where I got 20 before, and the rest of the time I get between 58 and 92 so it's ok to me, nice for your time :)

DonDregon

DonDregon

Ok guys I read this limit to 4 true cores and that all but... tbh I'm not gonna install any software to play with the cores to play a game, I thought there was any launch command or game setting such config files or whatever but as long as it seems the only way is using third party software.. I'll just avoid that. Not for a weird reason, I'm software engineer myself and I've my computer tweaked to work well and working is my main job on the computer, gaming is the second so... priorities.

2560x1440p, full screen
dynamic res. -> disabled
vsync -> disabled

- Blur -> Disabled

- SS reflections -> low
- Sun rays -> disabled