Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
DonDregon

DonDregon

Hi guys I've read some threads about this here and there but can't find a way to make it work properly.

I can play most of time at decent FPS all ultra but when I go to specific places such the structure I built to face the horde, which contains like 20 torches and like 200 built blocks I get 16-24 fps.

System specs:

AMD Ryzen 3600X (AMD Ryzen High Performance energy plan)

Nvidia RTX 3080 

32Gb DDR4 3466MHz

Game installed on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Q4 NVMe PCIe 4.0

Asus x570 mobo

NO mods installed.

I play the game through Steam (don't really know if it can be played on another platform anyway).

At the point on getting low FPS, the CPU is working at less than 30% while the GPU is at 100%. Mem usage: 4,3Gb

Lowering the shadow distance to "close" does not make any difference but setting it to "disabled" raises the fps to 50-70 on the same situation and the GPU usage drops to 40-45%, but the experience of course, is not the same, no shadows like the having 12 suns around is a bit weird...

Is there any known way to make it work properly even with close shadow distance?

Thanks

DonDregon

DonDregon

Hi guys I've read some threads about this here and there but can't find a way to make it work properly.

I can play most of time at decent FPS all ultra but when I go to specific places such the structure I built to face the horde, which contains like 20 torches and like 200 built blocks I get 16-24 fps.

System specs:

AMD Ryzen 3600X (AMD Ryzen High Performance energy plan)

Nvidia RTX 3080 

32Gb DDR4 3466MHz

Game installed on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Q4 NVMe PCIe 4.0

Asus x570 mobo

NO mods installed.

I play the game through Steam (don't really know if it can be played on another platform anyway).

At the point on getting low FPS, the CPU is working at less than 30% while the GPU is at 100%.

Lowering the shadow distance to "close" does not make any difference but setting it to "disabled" raises the fps to 50-70 on the same situation and the GPU usage drops to 40-45%, but the experience of course, is not the same, no shadows like the having 12 suns around is a bit weird...

Is there any known way to make it work properly even with close shadow distance?

Thanks