Jump to content

Day of the Dead Mod


Vampiricon999
 Share

Recommended Posts

                                                                 Vampiricon's 
                   DAY of the DEAD


                                                              mod pack for 7 Days to Die V19.6


                                            Inspired by George Romero's awesome trilogy:
                            Night of the Living Dead / Dawn of the Dead / Day of the Dead

 

                                            *  version 4.1 now available  *

 

 When there is no more room in Hell - the Dead will Walk the Earth !

 

spacer.png

The intent of this mod is to create a George Romero Day of the Dead zombie world with a much higher population of regular zombies. Burnt zombies, Spider zombies, Animal Zombies, and other zombie types that do not fit the Romero-world have been removed. The overall population and variety of regular zombies has been substantially increased, with growing zombie Hordes occurring every 4 hours. In the Romero tradition, you will need to focus on taking them out with headshots, since they are more resistant to damage elsewhere. You will have plenty of extra firepower, with an armada of over 60 new weapons and 30 new vehicles, as well as increased chances of finding ammo and explosive munitions. Each new player is given a Starter Crate with guns, ammo and supplies to help survive the first few days.



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YES this mod is compatible with SMX UI - download the available patch from the Files section. 
        The game will still work fine without the patch.
        But the patch allows you to see the 3 additional menu options (Land Claims, Max Zombies, Max Animals) which are not available in SMX.
SMX UI is highly recommended.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 

  • You will most likely need to start a new game with this mod. Saved games for DOTD V3.1 and prior will not work.
  • Tested on Alpha 19.6.
  • Fully compatible with LAN and Internet multi-play.
  • Fully compatible with Client installations and Dedicated Server installations.
  • Does not work with EAC Enabled. You must disable EAC in the 7DTD Launcher.
  • NO this mod will NOT work with other major overhauls like Darkness Falls or War of the Walkers.
  • View the Installation file for specific instructions. The mod must be installed manually.
  • There is a separate Install for Clients and Dedicated Servers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download Links: 

Client Install for V19.6 https://drive.google.com/file/d/14thJNL7GI2q6KFsizYxIbe7TOwctRo_r/view?usp=sharing 

Fully tested and working.

 

Dedicated Install (BETA) for 19.6: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1glJE_UHQUuQeHgiAdh4G2_Qnen7Wffuf/view?usp=sharing

NOTE: Dedicated Install not fully tested. Please let me know if you have any issues. 

 

SMX Patch https://drive.google.com/file/d/13x8XJP9tpBHiqoaiOE_9rwEJqHChKoVx/view?usp=sharing

 

Use this patch if you use SMX UI. Day of the Dead is fully compatible with SMX.

This patch simply allows you to see the 3 extra menu options (Land Claims, Max Zombies, Max Animals).

 

spacer.png

 

Key Features of Mod Pack: 

There is a major overhaul to the zombie population so it is more like a George Romero world.

George Romero zombies do not run or scale vertical walls like insects.
They shamble, they walk, they jog, they can move a bit quicker when aggressive. But not sprint or run.
This mod purposely moves away from the zombies you find in 28 Days Later or World War Z.
Zombies can only be killed by headshot or smashing the head or by extreme damage to the body.
And most of all, they are found in large numbers, to slowly but surely swarm and surround you.....

Zombies that do not fit Day of the Dead have been removed:

- Burnt zombies
- Spider zombies
- Fat Cop zombies
- Wight zombies
- Animal zombies

General zombie population is increased by a factor of 7X and more variety has been added to all Biomes and Zombie Groups.

- There are a lot more regular zombies in Cities, Towns, Villages, POIs, and all Wilderness areas.
- Much more variety has been added to zombie groups, so that more zombie types appear across the different biomes. 
- There is a small chance of encountering Feral, Radiated and Legendary zombies in early stages for added challenge.

Wandering Horde settings:

- Wandering Hordes will start from midnight on Day 2 to give you a little breathing room.
- Wandering hordes start at 10 zombies on Level 1 and gradually increase as the Game Stage increases. 
- By Game Stage 50 you will reach 25 zombies per horde.
- By Game Stage 150 you will reach 50 zombies per horde. 
- Hordes will then increase by 5 zombies every 100 Game Stages until it peaks at 75 zombies.
- As the Game Stage increases further you will get more Feral, Radiated and Legendary zombies in the Horde.
- Horde Frequency is still every 3 hours.
- The game's AI director can be hit-and-miss with Horde generation.
- The Horde may find you or it might just miss you or may not appear at all. It can vary. 
- It depends what you are doing, your heat map, whether your location has changed, or how noisy you are.
- Sometimes the Horde will be instructed to wait 1 hr, sometimes 12 hours, and sometimes will not appear at all.


Zombie jump distance has been slightly increased. 

- Zombies can climb ladders, climb each other, and jump a little higher. 
- They can stack on top of each other to reach areas 3 or 4 zombies high.
- They can actually reach quite high places and roof areas, refer to the mod screen shots for examples.
- Spider zombies that scale high vertical walls have been removed.


Feral and Radiated zombies still start appearing as the Game Stage and difficulty increase, but they have been modified.

Difficulty progression tier is still Normal --> Feral --> Radiated --> Legendary

Feral zombies:
- Health, Aggression speed burst and Pain Resistances have been lowered.
- Consequently the Experience Earned is also reduced. 
- Still tougher than Normal zombies and more experience earnt.


Radiated zombies:
- Their regeneration capability has been removed, so they no longer heal on their own.
- They still heal if they bite you.

- No longer appear in a radiated mesh. 
- 
They will either have green glowing eyes only (about 30% of the models allow for separate eye mesh)
- or 
just look like Ferals with orange eyes (for the remainder)
- Health, Aggression Speed burst, and Pain Resistances have been lowered.
- Consequently the Experience Earned is also reduced. 
- Still tougher than Feral zombies and more experience earnt.


- Legendary zombies:
- Added into the general population for later game stages.
- There are three: 
                                   Legendary Lab zombie
                                    Legendary Business Man zombie
                                    Legendary Utility Worker zombie

- These are higher challenge zombies to replace zombies like the Fat Cop and Wight which have been removed.

In true Romero tradition - Zombies only take full damage from headshots. 

- You can still slow them down, knock them over, knock them back, burn them, dismember limbs, and even kill them through body damage.
               But they are much more resistant and take minimal damage to the body unless dismembered.
- You will only get full value for weapon damage through headshots.
- If you get a clean head shot you have a high possibility of the head exploding for an instant kill.  
- You also get a 200% bonus to your starting dismemberment chance for all weapons. 


There are lots of additional guns and ammunition available to assist you. 

- Over 60 new military weapons including pistols, shotguns, rifles and SMGs. 
- 2 flamethrowers, wide and narrow bursts.
- New Concussion grenades, shock grenades, shock arrows and show bolts.
- Significant improvements to automated gun Turrets.
- Junk Turrets easier to craft. 
- Junk Turrets have increased range, coverage and awake distance.
- Deploy up to 6 active Junk Turrets. 1 to start with (find the recipe!) and gain an extra 5 via Robotics Inventor skill.
- 4 new automated Turret types (including M60 and Sniper variants) built from a separate Turret Workbench.

When starting a new game, players will have a Starter Crate filled with gear to help you get started. 

  • 1 Rifle with 600 rounds of ammo
  • 1 Pistol with 100 rounds of ammo
  • 4 Molotov's
  • 2 Concussion Grenades, Shock Grenades, and Dynamite Sticks.
  • 5 Repair kits
  • Random Medical and Food supplies


All players receive the following bonuses by default. 
 

  • Bonus damage for clean head shots with increased chance of the head exploding. This will stack with existing Perks/Skills.
  • 200% bonus increase to base Dismemberment chances. This will stack with existing Perks/Skills and impacts ALL weapon types.
  • The base level experience required to go up a level has been increased from 10000 to 15000 due to all the extra zombies.
  • Otherwise you will level too quickly and experience stronger zombies before you are ready.


The following existing explosive ordinance have been tweaked to be more effective against zombies in DOTD. 

- Entity damage has been increased with additional head damage bonus.
- Explosive radius has also been slightly increased. 
So try not to blow yourself up.

- Rockets - HE and Frag
- Grenade - Contact and Timed
- Dynamite
- Molotovs
- Pipebombs


Numerous other enhancements: 

- 2 skill points per level instead of 1.
- HUD updated to display Health, Food, Water, Temperature, Elevation, Zombie kill counter and Death counter.
        - Multiple Land Claims (selectable from Game Start menu).
- Reduced night ambience to make it darker, with medium layer of fog. Slightly darker inside.
- Added 26 new vehicles.
- Added 4 new motorcycles.
- Added 60 slot backpack.
- Added craftable log spikes.
- All animals and animal zombies removed except Rabbits and Chickens which are basically invulnerable.
- Raw animal materials now available from all Traders.
- Added ability to pick up plants with E.
- Additional craftable doors. 
- Additional decorations.
- Added Iron Gates.
- Added Paintings and Posters. 


Zombie Speed and Number Settings

You can still configure the zombie speeds and numbers as you desire. But for a Day of the Dead experience, recommended settings are provided.
This basically means no running zombies, as you find in 28 Days Later and World War Z.
These settings are all found on the 
Basic tab when you start a game. For servers you have to configure these settings in the serverconfig.XML.

          Recommended Settings: 

                Zombie Day Speed  WALK
                Zombie Night Speed  JOG
                Feral Zombie Speed  JOG
                Blood Moon Zombie Speed  JOG or RUN
                Maximum Zombies  100 - 150
                Maximum Animals  25

          Blood Moon is available. You can turn it on or off as desired. 
               I turn it on for a little bit of variety in the Gameplay - and set the Zombie speed to RUN only on Blood Moon night.

          All zombie speeds are available  (Walk, Jog, Run, Sprint, Nightmare) 

                But recommended settings are provided above for a Day of the Dead experience.
                There is a reminder on the Menu screen when you play the game.


What is new in Version 4.1 ? 

- Updated for 7DTD V19.6 compatibility
- Added Sam's Special Ammo (Shock Grenade, Concussion Grenade, Shock Arrow, Shock Bolt).
- They have also been added to Loot Tables and Zombie Drops.
- Added Doughphunghus's buff sounds which provides additional zombie noises.
- Enhanced Pipe Bombs to be more effective against zombies.
- Updated the Starter Kit.
- Changed starting Rifle to ACW-R, and starting Pistol to P226 for variety.
- Added 2 each of the new concussion and shock grenades.
- Added 2 sticks of dynamite.
- Added compatibility patch for SMX Menu UI so that you can see the additional settings: 
- Land Claim Count / Max Zombies / Max Animals
- They have been added to the general tab
- Changed Wandering Hordes from every 4 hours back to every 3 hours.
- Wandering Hordes are very hit-and-miss. Sometimes they spawn, sometimes they do not. Sometimes they wait 1 hour and sometimes 12 hours.
- KhaineGB is aware of the issue and is looking into it.
- Increased wilderness spawns from 5X back to the original 7X since you now have more chance to find Guns & Ammo & Explosives. 
- Proportional increase to the Ammunition amounts found in Loot and Zombie Drops to balance the additional zombies.


* For a full history on changes, refer to the Version History TXT file.



Installing V4.1 for existing users 

              If you have an existing version of Day of the Dead (for those on V3.2 or older):


                   First delete any of the existing Day of the Dead mod folders from within your 7DTD "Mods" folder. 

                   View the UNINSTALL README for instructions.

                   Or just clean out your whole Mods folder if you only use my mod pack.

                   Do not apply the update over the top. Delete the old versions from the mod directory first.
                  Note: You do not need to do anything with this folder: 7DaysToDie_Data\Managed 
                   Then install V4.1 as per instructions.




Weapons Introduced by Skyriss's Vanilla Firearms Extended: 

Pistols:

  • M1911
  • Mark 23
  • Glock 17
  • Makarov
  • TEC-9
  • P250
  • Walther P99
  • USP
  • .45 revolver
  • 9mm revolver
  • Desert Eagle in 44 mag


Shotguns:

  • RSX-1 Semi auto shotgun
  • Single barrel shotgun


Rifles:

  • M1 carbine in 9mm
  • SKS
  • Ak-101
  • AR15
  • HK416
  • G36C
  • SVD
  • SCAR-H
  • SCAR-L
  • SG-553
  • Sporting Rifle (5.56x45mm bolt action)
  • Varmint Rifle (9mm bolt action)


SMGs:

  • AKS-74u
  • Vz 62 Skorpion
  • Micro UZI
  • Mac-11
  • UMP-45
  • PP-19
  • Skorpion


Weapons Introduced by Smadol's Firearms Expansion: 
 

  • Colt38 (T0 pistol)
  • Beretta NANO (T0 pistol)
  • Colt1911 (T1 pistol)
  • P226 (T1 pistol)
  • Glock40 (T2 pistol)
  • H&K USP (T2 pistol)
  • VZ61 Skorpion (T0 smg)
  • Mac10 (T1 smg)
  • KRISS Vector (T2 smg)
  • Winchester (T1 shotgun)
  • SPAS-12 (T2 shotgun)
  • KSG-12 (T3 shotgun)
  • M1 Garand (T1 semiautomatic rifle)
  • SR25(T2 semiautomatic rifle)
  • JNG90 (T2 bolt-action rifle)
  • M98 (T3 bolt-action rifle)
  • FNFAL (T1 assault rifle)
  • M16(T1 assault rifle)
  • ACW-R(T1 assault rifle)
  • FNSCAR (T2 assault rifle)
  • M4-A1(T2 assault rifle)
  • ARX-160(T2 assault rifle)
  • M240(T3 machine gun)


ONLY T0 AND T1 WEAPONS CAN BE CRAFTED, THE OTHER ONES CAN ONLY BE FOUND IN LOOT OR BOUGHT FROM TRADERS.
Beretta M9 and Beretta M92 are available only in cheat mode because they are the same weapon as the vanilla pistol

Special Weapons:
 

  • M134 Minigun can be found only in military boxes (2% chance), this weapon has the highest DPS of the game but will drain your ammo supplies and will slow you down while holding it. 
  • Flamethrower  a special anti-horde weapon, it's governed by the perk advanced engineering, can use motor tool mods and gas can as ammo. This weapon can be crafted after reading the schematic or found in destroyed workbenches (2% chance).
  • Railgun a special hi-tech weapon for the intellect class, it's governed by the perk electrocutioner and uses iron dart as ammo. This weapon can be crafted after reaching electrocutioner level 5 or found in secret hidden stashes (2% chance).
  • M82 Barrett a heavy 50 cal sniper rifle with a insanely high dismember chance that can use only special .50 bmg bullets and the variant Incendiary and Armor-Piercing. This weapon can be found only in military boxes (2% chance) and came with its own scope that can be replaced by 8x scope.
  • M1A2 Thompson Old and legendary Automatic Submachine Gun that uses 9mm Ammo. Holding this weapon while wearing a full suit and a press hat will grant you a 40% bonus buying and selling goods. This weapon can be found only in gun safes (2% chance).
  • AA12 this full automatic shotgun has massive damage output and a strong recoil. Found only in gun safe (2% chance).
  • M79 GL40 a small grenade launcher less powerful than a rocket launcher but also more handy and easy to use. This weapon is craftable after reading the schematic and can be found in loot or bought from traders, uses 40 mm grenade ammo.




Telric's Flamethrower:

  • Smaller Arc, more concentrated, slightly longer distance, governed by the perk advanced engineering



Vehicle Introduced by Bdubyah's Vehicles 

Box Truck: 4 seater. Slow. Bad fuel mileage. 9 slots more than 4x4 storage. Grease Monkey 4
BRDM-2: 6 seater. Slow. Okay fuel mileage. 9 slots more than 4x4 storage. Grease Monkey 5
Buggy: 2 seater. Very quick. Great fuel mileage. 4x4 storage. Grease Monkey 4
Charger: 2 seater. Quick. Good fuel mileage. 4x4 storage. Grease Monkey 4
Cruiser: 1 seater. Quick. Excellent fuel mileage. Motorcycle storage. Grease Monkey 3
Dirt Bike: 1 seater. Very quick. Excellent fuel mileage. Bicycle storage. Grease Monkey 3
Duster: 2 seater. Slow. Okay fuel mileage. Gyro storage. Grease Monkey 5
GNX: 2 seater. Quick. Good fuel mileage. 4x4 storage. Grease Monkey 4
Golf Cart: 2 seater. Slow. Excellent fuel mileage. Minibike storage. Grease Monkey 2
Hot Rod: 2 seater. Very quick. Good fuel mileage. 4x4 storage. Grease Monkey 4
Humvee: 4 seater. Quick. Okay fuel mileage. 4x4 storage. Grease Monkey 4
Junker: 1 seater. Quick. Excellent fuel mileage. Motorcycle storage. Grease Monkey 3
Marauder: 2 seater. Quick. Bad fuel mileage. 4x4 storage. Grease Monkey 5
MD-500: 4 seater. Quick. Okay fuel mileage. Gyro storage. Grease Monkey 5
MRAP: 4 seater. Slow. Okay fuel mileage. 9 slots more than 4x4 storage. Grease Monkey 5
Nova: 2 seater. Quick. Okay fuel mileage. 4x4 storage. Grease Monkey 4
Pickup: 2 seater. Quick. Good fuel mileage. 4x4 storage. Grease Monkey 4
Rat: 1 seater. Quick. Excellent fuel mileage. Motorcycle storage. Grease Monkey 3
SHERP: 4 seater. Slow. Okay fuel mileage. 4x4 storage. Grease Monkey 4
Stallion: 2 seater. Quick. Okay fuel mileage. 4x4 storage. Grease Monkey 4
UAZ 452: 6 seater. Slow. Okay fuel mileage. 4x4 storage. Grease Monkey 4
UH-60: 6 seater. Quick. Okay fuel mileage. 4x4 storage. Grease Monkey 5
Willy Jeep: 2 seater. Quick. Good fuel mileage. 4x4 storage. Grease Monkey 4
Work Truck: 2 seater. Slow. Good fuel mileage. 4x4 storage. Grease Monkey 4

All vehicles are balanced to compare to vanilla. Parts can be crafted, found in loot, or bought from traders.
There is also now a Mechanic trader with his own custom POI! It is protected like a normal trader, but can not be used for quests

 

Motorcycles Introduced by MOO:

Chopper
Sports Bike
Harley
Dirt Bike



Detailed Junk Turret Modifications: 
 

  • You can have up to 6 Junk Turrets working concurrently (requires perkTurrets skill for robotics). 
  • You can use 1 Turret to start with (if you find the recipe) and 1 extra Turret per robotics level (perkTurrets).
  • Improved accuracy.
  • Firing range increased from 15 to 30 metres. 
  • Angle of fire increased from 70 degrees to 120 degrees for larger coverage (horizontal and vertical). 
  • Magazine size set to 2000 rounds. 
  • For the Robotics Inventor skill, the range at which Turrets remain awake has been pushed.
  • From (10,14,15,16,17,18) blocks to (30,34,38,42,46,50) blocks.  
  • Recipes have been included to make it very easy to craft the Turrets and the ammo for them. 
  • There is also a very simple recipe for a Workbench
  • None of these require a schematic but you will need Robotics Inventor skills to have 5 extra Turrets. 



Changes to Animal Population:

I have decided to remove the animal butchery part of the game, so you can focus on zombie killing instead.
I am not interested in that side of the game, I play to shoot zombies not kill helpless animals. 
All animals have been replaced by a standard zombie, except Rabbits and Chickens which are basically invulnerable and offer no experience for killing.
To compensate, animal raw materials are now available from the Traders at any time for purchase, as well as you starter kit.



Compatibility with other mods: 

The mod is largely designed as a stand-alone pack.
However you should be able to use other mods, depending on what the MOD does: 
 

  • Any mod that adds new features should be fine
  • Any mod that adjusts things that I do not adjust should also be OK
  • You should avoid using any of the mods that are already used within this pack, as this will potentially cause conflict.


This mod does change things in relation to entitygroupsentityclassesspawningblocks and several other XML files.  
The changes mostly relate to zombie behaviorzombie numberszombie types, etc.
There are also a number of minor UI adjustments.

I would avoid anything that adjusts zombie behavior mainly.
Otherwise, use discretion and keep an eye on the log (F1) for compatibility issues during loading.
With vanilla 19.5 and my mod installed, there are no errors in the log during start up.
You may see Mesh/Map related errors *just* prior to entering the game but these are nothing to do with my mod.

Any mods that do a major overhaul of gameplay are likely **not** to be compatible either.
This includes overhauls like 
Darkness Falls and War of the Walkers.

>> Feedback is that the SMX UI mod works OK <<



Endorsements: 

This mod has been made for your enjoyment - no profit.
However if you enjoy playing this mod, please endorse.
Any allocated % of the overall donation pool will go to the Wildlife Conservation Society.

Many thanks!


Credits:

Below are the packs I have utilised in the Day of the Dead mod. Some of these mods have been modified from the original.
A very big thanks to those who have worked on the mods below, without your efforts this mod would not exist !!!!!!!
Please let me know if I have missed anyone.


- All features from KhaineGB's Romero Mod 
- REV6:7-8 reality check
- Shock's 2 skills per level mod
- Sykriss's Vanilla Firearms Extended 
- Smadol's Firearms Expansion 4.3
- Bdub's Vehicles
- Hesbic Gun Turret mods 
- fatrap's Junk Turret modifications 
- Almonds Turret Mod 
- IceBurg's Craft Doors
- sLimLong's Decorations Plus
- TelricsFlamethrower
- TelricsIronGates
- Ztensity's Paintings & Posters
- Jax's Wilderness Spawn increase
- Khelldon's Starter Crate 
- Scomar82's HUD



Notes on Vanilla Firearms:

I have fixed the issues with Sykriss's Vanilla Firearms Extended mod which seems to be for Alpha 18 only.
You should see all weapons and ammo in dropable loot, and the AK101 is fixed.

 

Installation:

Please refer to the README.TXT.
Manual installation only.
It is recommended that you clear out any existing mods to start with.
Do not use any of the above mods listed in the credits. Modified versions are included with this pack.



Bugs and Feedback:

Feedback welcome. Please report any bugs.




FAQ:

How do I install this MOD?

  Download the appropriate MOD file - CLIENT or DEDICATED SERVER.
  You need WINZIP or 7ZIP or similar application to open the MOD file.
  Extract the MOD file directly into your "7 DAYS TO DIE" directory. Select Y when prompted to overwrite 1 file.
  The files will all go to the correct location.
  Follow the INSTALL guide for more information.

What Version of 7DTD do I need?

  This mod will only work on Alpha 19.6.

What Installation Version of the MOD do I need? 

If you are using a DEDICATED SERVER install then use the DEDICATED SERVER installation.
For all other instances (SINGLE PLAYERS / LAN or NETWORK PLAYERS ) use the CLIENT installation.

Is this mod pack compatible with existing Save Games?

  The short answer is no -
  If you have never used the Sphere II core mod before then you will have to start a New Game / New World.
  If you upgrade to DOTD V3.2 from an older version then you will also have to start a New Game.
  It is also recommended that once you start playing - you keep your Saved Games associated with this mod.

Does this mod support multiplayer?

  Yes.
  This mod fully-supports multiplayer.
  For dedicated server installs, you need to install the Server version of the mod.
  Just make sure everyone installs the mod.

If someone connects to my DOTD game, will they automatically receive the files?

  No.
  Harmony files will not get pushed automatically.
  Everyone involved in the game must manually install the files first: Clients and Dedicated Servers.

Can I run this on a dedicated server installation?

  Yes.
  Install the Dedicated Server version of this mod instead.

Is this mod pack compatible with other mods?

  This mod pack is largely designed as a stand-alone pack. 
  You should avoid using any of the mods that are used within this pack.
  Since I have modified most of the 3rd party mods I have used, you should use the versions provided here.
  This mod pack changes things in relation to entitygroups, entityclasses, spawing, blocks and many other files. 
  So you should avoid mods that change zombie behaviour, zombie numbers, zombie types, junk turrets, etc.
  Any mods that do a major overhaul of gameplay are likely **not** to be compatible either.
  --> It will not work with overhauls like Darkness Falls and War of the Walkers. <--
  HOWEVER If you are using other mods that add new things, and do not fiddle with the above, then you should be fine.
  Use discretion and keep an eye on things in the log using F1. 

What happens if I see errors in the log F1 ?

  If you are using my mod pack alone you will see NO ERRORS in F1 as the game loads, except for the map/mesh errors that are shown right before you start.
  These are not due to this mod, but the map you are using, and nothing to worry about.
  If you do see errors, this is most likely because you are using a conflicting MOD or you are not on the correct version of 7DTD.

What files are modified during installation?

  The Romero mod adds or overwrites the following files in the 7DaysToDie_Data\Managed folder:

0Harmony.dll
Assembly-CSharp.dll <- For most people this is the only file that will be overwritten
DMT.dll
Mods.dll

  All other changes are new folders in the Mods directory.

Can I adjust the Wandering Horde settings ?

  It is not recommended that you change these any more.
  The current settings are designed to provide a difficulty curve now, in line with the rest of the game.

How do I apply the recommended Zombie Speed and Zombie Number settings for a Single User / Client machine ?

 These settings are all available in the Start or Continue menu tabs when starting a game.

How do I apply the recommended Zombie Speed and Zombie Number settings for a Dedicated server ? 

The following settings are all available in the Start or Continue menu tabs for the Single Player game.
For dedicated clients this all needs to be configured in your SERVERCONFIG.XML files.
Read the SERVERCONFIG.XML for more information.

These are the settings recommended for DOTD. ( 150 / 25 zombies and walk / jog / jog / run )

<property name="MaxSpawnedZombies" value="150" />
<property name="MaxSpawnedAnimals" value="25" />
<property name="ZombieMove" value="0" /> 
<property name="ZombieMoveNight" value="1" />
<property name="ZombieFeralMove" value="1" />
<property name="ZombieBMMove" value="2" />

Edited by Vampiricon999
Added Patch Link (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello.

I installed the Overhaul on one of my root server, nice Mod, but too easy... We are a community with people, playing very long 7 Days and all of our gamers logged in and kill zombies with one hit, although i configured difficulty to 3.

 

The onehit club skill is too easy. Is it possible to turn of the one hits?

 

Thanks in regard, sorry for my english.

 

Hagi

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Hagi

 

I cannot disable the headshot bonus. It is embedded in the Sphere II Core which I use. I cannot see any way to make it apply differently to melee weapons.

 

However I have heard this complaint from a few people.

Having thought about this - there are probably only two or three things I can do.

1. Nerf the Melee Club weapons so they do less damage and may take 2 hits to kill a zombie.

2. Or make the Club Swing use more Stamina so you cannot swing as often / need more time to recover.

2. Or I increase the overall Health Points for zombies meaning there is more chance that they will not be killed instantly with the bonus.

Happy for your suggestions, I want to make sure the game is  balanced so that clubs are not so overpowered.

 

thanks

V

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/18/2021 at 12:21 AM, Vampiricon999 said:

Hi Hagi

 

I cannot disable the headshot bonus. It is embedded in the Sphere II Core which I use. I cannot see any way to make it apply differently to melee weapons.

 

However I have heard this complaint from a few people.

Having thought about this - there are probably only two or three things I can do.

1. Nerf the Melee Club weapons so they do less damage and may take 2 hits to kill a zombie.

2. Or make the Club Swing use more Stamina so you cannot swing as often / need more time to recover.

2. Or I increase the overall Health Points for zombies meaning there is more chance that they will not be killed instantly with the bonus.

Happy for your suggestions, I want to make sure the game is  balanced so that clubs are not so overpowered.

 

thanks

V

#1 is definitely my vote.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/17/2021 at 10:21 PM, Vampiricon999 said:

Hi Hagi

 

I cannot disable the headshot bonus. It is embedded in the Sphere II Core which I use. I cannot see any way to make it apply differently to melee weapons.

 

However I have heard this complaint from a few people.

Having thought about this - there are probably only two or three things I can do.

1. Nerf the Melee Club weapons so they do less damage and may take 2 hits to kill a zombie.

2. Or make the Club Swing use more Stamina so you cannot swing as often / need more time to recover.

2. Or I increase the overall Health Points for zombies meaning there is more chance that they will not be killed instantly with the bonus.

Happy for your suggestions, I want to make sure the game is  balanced so that clubs are not so overpowered.

 

thanks

V

sounds like an amazing mod that i will def try tonight and i think leaving the mod as it is should be perfectly fine early on head popping zombies should be easy if some dont like it then thats to bad cant go making everything super difficult just because some like it super difficult makes alot of stuff unplayable for alot of others :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/10/2021 at 10:25 PM, Vampiricon999 said:

                                                                 Vampiricon's 
                   DAY of the DEAD


                                                              mod pack for 7 Days to Die V19.6


                                            Inspired by George Romero's awesome trilogy:
                            Night of the Living Dead / Dawn of the Dead / Day of the Dead

 

                                            *  version 4.1 now available  *

 

 When there is no more room in Hell - the Dead will Walk the Earth !

 

spacer.png

The intent of this mod is to create a George Romero Day of the Dead zombie world with a much higher population of regular zombies. Burnt zombies, Spider zombies, Animal Zombies, and other zombie types that do not fit the Romero-world have been removed. The overall population and variety of regular zombies has been substantially increased, with growing zombie Hordes occurring every 4 hours. In the Romero tradition, you will need to focus on taking them out with headshots, since they are more resistant to damage elsewhere. You will have plenty of extra firepower, with an armada of over 60 new weapons and 30 new vehicles, as well as increased chances of finding ammo and explosive munitions. Each new player is given a Starter Crate with guns, ammo and supplies to help survive the first few days.



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YES this mod is compatible with SMX UI - download the available patch from the Files section. 
        The game will still work fine without the patch.
        But the patch allows you to see the 3 additional menu options (Land Claims, Max Zombies, Max Animals) which are not available in SMX.
SMX UI is highly recommended.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 

  • You will most likely need to start a new game with this mod. Saved games for DOTD V3.1 and prior will not work.
  • Tested on Alpha 19.6.
  • Fully compatible with LAN and Internet multi-play.
  • Fully compatible with Client installations and Dedicated Server installations.
  • Does not work with EAC Enabled. You must disable EAC in the 7DTD Launcher.
  • NO this mod will NOT work with other major overhauls like Darkness Falls or War of the Walkers.
  • View the Installation file for specific instructions. The mod must be installed manually.
  • There is a separate Install for Clients and Dedicated Servers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download Links: 

Client Install for V19.6 https://drive.google.com/file/d/14thJNL7GI2q6KFsizYxIbe7TOwctRo_r/view?usp=sharing 

Fully tested and working.

 

Dedicated Install (BETA) for 19.6: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1glJE_UHQUuQeHgiAdh4G2_Qnen7Wffuf/view?usp=sharing

NOTE: Dedicated Install not fully tested. Please let me know if you have any issues. 

 

SMX Patch https://drive.google.com/file/d/13x8XJP9tpBHiqoaiOE_9rwEJqHChKoVx/view?usp=sharing

 

Use this patch if you use SMX UI. Day of the Dead is fully compatible with SMX.

This patch simply allows you to see the 3 extra menu options (Land Claims, Max Zombies, Max Animals).

 

spacer.png

 

Key Features of Mod Pack: 

There is a major overhaul to the zombie population so it is more like a George Romero world.

George Romero zombies do not run or scale vertical walls like insects.
They shamble, they walk, they jog, they can move a bit quicker when aggressive. But not sprint or run.
This mod purposely moves away from the zombies you find in 28 Days Later or World War Z.
Zombies can only be killed by headshot or smashing the head or by extreme damage to the body.
And most of all, they are found in large numbers, to slowly but surely swarm and surround you.....

Zombies that do not fit Day of the Dead have been removed:

- Burnt zombies
- Spider zombies
- Fat Cop zombies
- Wight zombies
- Animal zombies

General zombie population is increased by a factor of 7X and more variety has been added to all Biomes and Zombie Groups.

- There are a lot more regular zombies in Cities, Towns, Villages, POIs, and all Wilderness areas.
- Much more variety has been added to zombie groups, so that more zombie types appear across the different biomes. 
- There is a small chance of encountering Feral, Radiated and Legendary zombies in early stages for added challenge.

Wandering Horde settings:

- Wandering Hordes will start from midnight on Day 2 to give you a little breathing room.
- Wandering hordes start at 10 zombies on Level 1 and gradually increase as the Game Stage increases. 
- By Game Stage 50 you will reach 25 zombies per horde.
- By Game Stage 150 you will reach 50 zombies per horde. 
- Hordes will then increase by 5 zombies every 100 Game Stages until it peaks at 75 zombies.
- As the Game Stage increases further you will get more Feral, Radiated and Legendary zombies in the Horde.
- Horde Frequency is still every 3 hours.
- The game's AI director can be hit-and-miss with Horde generation.
- The Horde may find you or it might just miss you or may not appear at all. It can vary. 
- It depends what you are doing, your heat map, whether your location has changed, or how noisy you are.
- Sometimes the Horde will be instructed to wait 1 hr, sometimes 12 hours, and sometimes will not appear at all.


Zombie jump distance has been slightly increased. 

- Zombies can climb ladders, climb each other, and jump a little higher. 
- They can stack on top of each other to reach areas 3 or 4 zombies high.
- They can actually reach quite high places and roof areas, refer to the mod screen shots for examples.
- Spider zombies that scale high vertical walls have been removed.


Feral and Radiated zombies still start appearing as the Game Stage and difficulty increase, but they have been modified.

Difficulty progression tier is still Normal --> Feral --> Radiated --> Legendary

Feral zombies:
- Health, Aggression speed burst and Pain Resistances have been lowered.
- Consequently the Experience Earned is also reduced. 
- Still tougher than Normal zombies and more experience earnt.


Radiated zombies:
- Their regeneration capability has been removed, so they no longer heal on their own.
- They still heal if they bite you.

- No longer appear in a radiated mesh. 
- 
They will either have green glowing eyes only (about 30% of the models allow for separate eye mesh)
- or 
just look like Ferals with orange eyes (for the remainder)
- Health, Aggression Speed burst, and Pain Resistances have been lowered.
- Consequently the Experience Earned is also reduced. 
- Still tougher than Feral zombies and more experience earnt.


- Legendary zombies:
- Added into the general population for later game stages.
- There are three: 
                                   Legendary Lab zombie
                                    Legendary Business Man zombie
                                    Legendary Utility Worker zombie

- These are higher challenge zombies to replace zombies like the Fat Cop and Wight which have been removed.

In true Romero tradition - Zombies only take full damage from headshots. 

- You can still slow them down, knock them over, knock them back, burn them, dismember limbs, and even kill them through body damage.
               But they are much more resistant and take minimal damage to the body unless dismembered.
- You will only get full value for weapon damage through headshots.
- If you get a clean head shot you have a high possibility of the head exploding for an instant kill.  
- You also get a 200% bonus to your starting dismemberment chance for all weapons. 


There are lots of additional guns and ammunition available to assist you. 

- Over 60 new military weapons including pistols, shotguns, rifles and SMGs. 
- 2 flamethrowers, wide and narrow bursts.
- New Concussion grenades, shock grenades, shock arrows and show bolts.
- Significant improvements to automated gun Turrets.
- Junk Turrets easier to craft. 
- Junk Turrets have increased range, coverage and awake distance.
- Deploy up to 6 active Junk Turrets. 1 to start with (find the recipe!) and gain an extra 5 via Robotics Inventor skill.
- 4 new automated Turret types (including M60 and Sniper variants) built from a separate Turret Workbench.

When starting a new game, players will have a Starter Crate filled with gear to help you get started. 

  • 1 Rifle with 600 rounds of ammo
  • 1 Pistol with 100 rounds of ammo
  • 4 Molotov's
  • 2 Concussion Grenades, Shock Grenades, and Dynamite Sticks.
  • 5 Repair kits
  • Random Medical and Food supplies


All players receive the following bonuses by default. 
 

  • Bonus damage for clean head shots with increased chance of the head exploding. This will stack with existing Perks/Skills.
  • 200% bonus increase to base Dismemberment chances. This will stack with existing Perks/Skills and impacts ALL weapon types.
  • The base level experience required to go up a level has been increased from 10000 to 15000 due to all the extra zombies.
  • Otherwise you will level too quickly and experience stronger zombies before you are ready.


The following existing explosive ordinance have been tweaked to be more effective against zombies in DOTD. 

- Entity damage has been increased with additional head damage bonus.
- Explosive radius has also been slightly increased. 
So try not to blow yourself up.

- Rockets - HE and Frag
- Grenade - Contact and Timed
- Dynamite
- Molotovs
- Pipebombs


Numerous other enhancements: 

- 2 skill points per level instead of 1.
- HUD updated to display Health, Food, Water, Temperature, Elevation, Zombie kill counter and Death counter.
        - Multiple Land Claims (selectable from Game Start menu).
- Reduced night ambience to make it darker, with medium layer of fog. Slightly darker inside.
- Added 26 new vehicles.
- Added 4 new motorcycles.
- Added 60 slot backpack.
- Added craftable log spikes.
- All animals and animal zombies removed except Rabbits and Chickens which are basically invulnerable.
- Raw animal materials now available from all Traders.
- Added ability to pick up plants with E.
- Additional craftable doors. 
- Additional decorations.
- Added Iron Gates.
- Added Paintings and Posters. 


Zombie Speed and Number Settings

You can still configure the zombie speeds and numbers as you desire. But for a Day of the Dead experience, recommended settings are provided.
This basically means no running zombies, as you find in 28 Days Later and World War Z.
These settings are all found on the 
Basic tab when you start a game. For servers you have to configure these settings in the serverconfig.XML.

          Recommended Settings: 

                Zombie Day Speed  WALK
                Zombie Night Speed  JOG
                Feral Zombie Speed  JOG
                Blood Moon Zombie Speed  JOG or RUN
                Maximum Zombies  100 - 150
                Maximum Animals  25

          Blood Moon is available. You can turn it on or off as desired. 
               I turn it on for a little bit of variety in the Gameplay - and set the Zombie speed to RUN only on Blood Moon night.

          All zombie speeds are available  (Walk, Jog, Run, Sprint, Nightmare) 

                But recommended settings are provided above for a Day of the Dead experience.
                There is a reminder on the Menu screen when you play the game.


What is new in Version 4.1 ? 

- Updated for 7DTD V19.6 compatibility
- Added Sam's Special Ammo (Shock Grenade, Concussion Grenade, Shock Arrow, Shock Bolt).
- They have also been added to Loot Tables and Zombie Drops.
- Added Doughphunghus's buff sounds which provides additional zombie noises.
- Enhanced Pipe Bombs to be more effective against zombies.
- Updated the Starter Kit.
- Changed starting Rifle to ACW-R, and starting Pistol to P226 for variety.
- Added 2 each of the new concussion and shock grenades.
- Added 2 sticks of dynamite.
- Added compatibility patch for SMX Menu UI so that you can see the additional settings: 
- Land Claim Count / Max Zombies / Max Animals
- They have been added to the general tab
- Changed Wandering Hordes from every 4 hours back to every 3 hours.
- Wandering Hordes are very hit-and-miss. Sometimes they spawn, sometimes they do not. Sometimes they wait 1 hour and sometimes 12 hours.
- KhaineGB is aware of the issue and is looking into it.
- Increased wilderness spawns from 5X back to the original 7X since you now have more chance to find Guns & Ammo & Explosives. 
- Proportional increase to the Ammunition amounts found in Loot and Zombie Drops to balance the additional zombies.


* For a full history on changes, refer to the Version History TXT file.



Installing V4.1 for existing users 

              If you have an existing version of Day of the Dead (for those on V3.2 or older):


                   First delete any of the existing Day of the Dead mod folders from within your 7DTD "Mods" folder. 

                   View the UNINSTALL README for instructions.

                   Or just clean out your whole Mods folder if you only use my mod pack.

                   Do not apply the update over the top. Delete the old versions from the mod directory first.
                  Note: You do not need to do anything with this folder: 7DaysToDie_Data\Managed 
                   Then install V4.1 as per instructions.




Weapons Introduced by Skyriss's Vanilla Firearms Extended: 

Pistols:

  • M1911
  • Mark 23
  • Glock 17
  • Makarov
  • TEC-9
  • P250
  • Walther P99
  • USP
  • .45 revolver
  • 9mm revolver
  • Desert Eagle in 44 mag


Shotguns:

  • RSX-1 Semi auto shotgun
  • Single barrel shotgun


Rifles:

  • M1 carbine in 9mm
  • SKS
  • Ak-101
  • AR15
  • HK416
  • G36C
  • SVD
  • SCAR-H
  • SCAR-L
  • SG-553
  • Sporting Rifle (5.56x45mm bolt action)
  • Varmint Rifle (9mm bolt action)


SMGs:

  • AKS-74u
  • Vz 62 Skorpion
  • Micro UZI
  • Mac-11
  • UMP-45
  • PP-19
  • Skorpion


Weapons Introduced by Smadol's Firearms Expansion: 
 

  • Colt38 (T0 pistol)
  • Beretta NANO (T0 pistol)
  • Colt1911 (T1 pistol)
  • P226 (T1 pistol)
  • Glock40 (T2 pistol)
  • H&K USP (T2 pistol)
  • VZ61 Skorpion (T0 smg)
  • Mac10 (T1 smg)
  • KRISS Vector (T2 smg)
  • Winchester (T1 shotgun)
  • SPAS-12 (T2 shotgun)
  • KSG-12 (T3 shotgun)
  • M1 Garand (T1 semiautomatic rifle)
  • SR25(T2 semiautomatic rifle)
  • JNG90 (T2 bolt-action rifle)
  • M98 (T3 bolt-action rifle)
  • FNFAL (T1 assault rifle)
  • M16(T1 assault rifle)
  • ACW-R(T1 assault rifle)
  • FNSCAR (T2 assault rifle)
  • M4-A1(T2 assault rifle)
  • ARX-160(T2 assault rifle)
  • M240(T3 machine gun)


ONLY T0 AND T1 WEAPONS CAN BE CRAFTED, THE OTHER ONES CAN ONLY BE FOUND IN LOOT OR BOUGHT FROM TRADERS.
Beretta M9 and Beretta M92 are available only in cheat mode because they are the same weapon as the vanilla pistol

Special Weapons:
 

  • M134 Minigun can be found only in military boxes (2% chance), this weapon has the highest DPS of the game but will drain your ammo supplies and will slow you down while holding it. 
  • Flamethrower  a special anti-horde weapon, it's governed by the perk advanced engineering, can use motor tool mods and gas can as ammo. This weapon can be crafted after reading the schematic or found in destroyed workbenches (2% chance).
  • Railgun a special hi-tech weapon for the intellect class, it's governed by the perk electrocutioner and uses iron dart as ammo. This weapon can be crafted after reaching electrocutioner level 5 or found in secret hidden stashes (2% chance).
  • M82 Barrett a heavy 50 cal sniper rifle with a insanely high dismember chance that can use only special .50 bmg bullets and the variant Incendiary and Armor-Piercing. This weapon can be found only in military boxes (2% chance) and came with its own scope that can be replaced by 8x scope.
  • M1A2 Thompson Old and legendary Automatic Submachine Gun that uses 9mm Ammo. Holding this weapon while wearing a full suit and a press hat will grant you a 40% bonus buying and selling goods. This weapon can be found only in gun safes (2% chance).
  • AA12 this full automatic shotgun has massive damage output and a strong recoil. Found only in gun safe (2% chance).
  • M79 GL40 a small grenade launcher less powerful than a rocket launcher but also more handy and easy to use. This weapon is craftable after reading the schematic and can be found in loot or bought from traders, uses 40 mm grenade ammo.




Telric's Flamethrower:

  • Smaller Arc, more concentrated, slightly longer distance, governed by the perk advanced engineering



Vehicle Introduced by Bdubyah's Vehicles 

Box Truck: 4 seater. Slow. Bad fuel mileage. 9 slots more than 4x4 storage. Grease Monkey 4
BRDM-2: 6 seater. Slow. Okay fuel mileage. 9 slots more than 4x4 storage. Grease Monkey 5
Buggy: 2 seater. Very quick. Great fuel mileage. 4x4 storage. Grease Monkey 4
Charger: 2 seater. Quick. Good fuel mileage. 4x4 storage. Grease Monkey 4
Cruiser: 1 seater. Quick. Excellent fuel mileage. Motorcycle storage. Grease Monkey 3
Dirt Bike: 1 seater. Very quick. Excellent fuel mileage. Bicycle storage. Grease Monkey 3
Duster: 2 seater. Slow. Okay fuel mileage. Gyro storage. Grease Monkey 5
GNX: 2 seater. Quick. Good fuel mileage. 4x4 storage. Grease Monkey 4
Golf Cart: 2 seater. Slow. Excellent fuel mileage. Minibike storage. Grease Monkey 2
Hot Rod: 2 seater. Very quick. Good fuel mileage. 4x4 storage. Grease Monkey 4
Humvee: 4 seater. Quick. Okay fuel mileage. 4x4 storage. Grease Monkey 4
Junker: 1 seater. Quick. Excellent fuel mileage. Motorcycle storage. Grease Monkey 3
Marauder: 2 seater. Quick. Bad fuel mileage. 4x4 storage. Grease Monkey 5
MD-500: 4 seater. Quick. Okay fuel mileage. Gyro storage. Grease Monkey 5
MRAP: 4 seater. Slow. Okay fuel mileage. 9 slots more than 4x4 storage. Grease Monkey 5
Nova: 2 seater. Quick. Okay fuel mileage. 4x4 storage. Grease Monkey 4
Pickup: 2 seater. Quick. Good fuel mileage. 4x4 storage. Grease Monkey 4
Rat: 1 seater. Quick. Excellent fuel mileage. Motorcycle storage. Grease Monkey 3
SHERP: 4 seater. Slow. Okay fuel mileage. 4x4 storage. Grease Monkey 4
Stallion: 2 seater. Quick. Okay fuel mileage. 4x4 storage. Grease Monkey 4
UAZ 452: 6 seater. Slow. Okay fuel mileage. 4x4 storage. Grease Monkey 4
UH-60: 6 seater. Quick. Okay fuel mileage. 4x4 storage. Grease Monkey 5
Willy Jeep: 2 seater. Quick. Good fuel mileage. 4x4 storage. Grease Monkey 4
Work Truck: 2 seater. Slow. Good fuel mileage. 4x4 storage. Grease Monkey 4

All vehicles are balanced to compare to vanilla. Parts can be crafted, found in loot, or bought from traders.
There is also now a Mechanic trader with his own custom POI! It is protected like a normal trader, but can not be used for quests

 

Motorcycles Introduced by MOO:

Chopper
Sports Bike
Harley
Dirt Bike



Detailed Junk Turret Modifications: 
 

  • You can have up to 6 Junk Turrets working concurrently (requires perkTurrets skill for robotics). 
  • You can use 1 Turret to start with (if you find the recipe) and 1 extra Turret per robotics level (perkTurrets).
  • Improved accuracy.
  • Firing range increased from 15 to 30 metres. 
  • Angle of fire increased from 70 degrees to 120 degrees for larger coverage (horizontal and vertical). 
  • Magazine size set to 2000 rounds. 
  • For the Robotics Inventor skill, the range at which Turrets remain awake has been pushed.
  • From (10,14,15,16,17,18) blocks to (30,34,38,42,46,50) blocks.  
  • Recipes have been included to make it very easy to craft the Turrets and the ammo for them. 
  • There is also a very simple recipe for a Workbench
  • None of these require a schematic but you will need Robotics Inventor skills to have 5 extra Turrets. 



Changes to Animal Population:

I have decided to remove the animal butchery part of the game, so you can focus on zombie killing instead.
I am not interested in that side of the game, I play to shoot zombies not kill helpless animals. 
All animals have been replaced by a standard zombie, except Rabbits and Chickens which are basically invulnerable and offer no experience for killing.
To compensate, animal raw materials are now available from the Traders at any time for purchase, as well as you starter kit.



Compatibility with other mods: 

The mod is largely designed as a stand-alone pack.
However you should be able to use other mods, depending on what the MOD does: 
 

  • Any mod that adds new features should be fine
  • Any mod that adjusts things that I do not adjust should also be OK
  • You should avoid using any of the mods that are already used within this pack, as this will potentially cause conflict.


This mod does change things in relation to entitygroupsentityclassesspawningblocks and several other XML files.  
The changes mostly relate to zombie behaviorzombie numberszombie types, etc.
There are also a number of minor UI adjustments.

I would avoid anything that adjusts zombie behavior mainly.
Otherwise, use discretion and keep an eye on the log (F1) for compatibility issues during loading.
With vanilla 19.5 and my mod installed, there are no errors in the log during start up.
You may see Mesh/Map related errors *just* prior to entering the game but these are nothing to do with my mod.

Any mods that do a major overhaul of gameplay are likely **not** to be compatible either.
This includes overhauls like 
Darkness Falls and War of the Walkers.

>> Feedback is that the SMX UI mod works OK <<



Endorsements: 

This mod has been made for your enjoyment - no profit.
However if you enjoy playing this mod, please endorse.
Any allocated % of the overall donation pool will go to the Wildlife Conservation Society.

Many thanks!


Credits:

Below are the packs I have utilised in the Day of the Dead mod. Some of these mods have been modified from the original.
A very big thanks to those who have worked on the mods below, without your efforts this mod would not exist !!!!!!!
Please let me know if I have missed anyone.


- All features from KhaineGB's Romero Mod 
- REV6:7-8 reality check
- Shock's 2 skills per level mod
- Sykriss's Vanilla Firearms Extended 
- Smadol's Firearms Expansion 4.3
- Bdub's Vehicles
- Hesbic Gun Turret mods 
- fatrap's Junk Turret modifications 
- Almonds Turret Mod 
- IceBurg's Craft Doors
- sLimLong's Decorations Plus
- TelricsFlamethrower
- TelricsIronGates
- Ztensity's Paintings & Posters
- Jax's Wilderness Spawn increase
- Khelldon's Starter Crate 
- Scomar82's HUD



Notes on Vanilla Firearms:

I have fixed the issues with Sykriss's Vanilla Firearms Extended mod which seems to be for Alpha 18 only.
You should see all weapons and ammo in dropable loot, and the AK101 is fixed.

 

Installation:

Please refer to the README.TXT.
Manual installation only.
It is recommended that you clear out any existing mods to start with.
Do not use any of the above mods listed in the credits. Modified versions are included with this pack.



Bugs and Feedback:

Feedback welcome. Please report any bugs.




FAQ:

How do I install this MOD?

  Download the appropriate MOD file - CLIENT or DEDICATED SERVER.
  You need WINZIP or 7ZIP or similar application to open the MOD file.
  Extract the MOD file directly into your "7 DAYS TO DIE" directory. Select Y when prompted to overwrite 1 file.
  The files will all go to the correct location.
  Follow the INSTALL guide for more information.

What Version of 7DTD do I need?

  This mod will only work on Alpha 19.6.

What Installation Version of the MOD do I need? 

If you are using a DEDICATED SERVER install then use the DEDICATED SERVER installation.
For all other instances (SINGLE PLAYERS / LAN or NETWORK PLAYERS ) use the CLIENT installation.

Is this mod pack compatible with existing Save Games?

  The short answer is no -
  If you have never used the Sphere II core mod before then you will have to start a New Game / New World.
  If you upgrade to DOTD V3.2 from an older version then you will also have to start a New Game.
  It is also recommended that once you start playing - you keep your Saved Games associated with this mod.

Does this mod support multiplayer?

  Yes.
  This mod fully-supports multiplayer.
  For dedicated server installs, you need to install the Server version of the mod.
  Just make sure everyone installs the mod.

If someone connects to my DOTD game, will they automatically receive the files?

  No.
  Harmony files will not get pushed automatically.
  Everyone involved in the game must manually install the files first: Clients and Dedicated Servers.

Can I run this on a dedicated server installation?

  Yes.
  Install the Dedicated Server version of this mod instead.

Is this mod pack compatible with other mods?

  This mod pack is largely designed as a stand-alone pack. 
  You should avoid using any of the mods that are used within this pack.
  Since I have modified most of the 3rd party mods I have used, you should use the versions provided here.
  This mod pack changes things in relation to entitygroups, entityclasses, spawing, blocks and many other files. 
  So you should avoid mods that change zombie behaviour, zombie numbers, zombie types, junk turrets, etc.
  Any mods that do a major overhaul of gameplay are likely **not** to be compatible either.
  --> It will not work with overhauls like Darkness Falls and War of the Walkers. <--
  HOWEVER If you are using other mods that add new things, and do not fiddle with the above, then you should be fine.
  Use discretion and keep an eye on things in the log using F1. 

What happens if I see errors in the log F1 ?

  If you are using my mod pack alone you will see NO ERRORS in F1 as the game loads, except for the map/mesh errors that are shown right before you start.
  These are not due to this mod, but the map you are using, and nothing to worry about.
  If you do see errors, this is most likely because you are using a conflicting MOD or you are not on the correct version of 7DTD.

What files are modified during installation?

  The Romero mod adds or overwrites the following files in the 7DaysToDie_Data\Managed folder:

0Harmony.dll
Assembly-CSharp.dll <- For most people this is the only file that will be overwritten
DMT.dll
Mods.dll

  All other changes are new folders in the Mods directory.

Can I adjust the Wandering Horde settings ?

  It is not recommended that you change these any more.
  The current settings are designed to provide a difficulty curve now, in line with the rest of the game.

How do I apply the recommended Zombie Speed and Zombie Number settings for a Single User / Client machine ?

 These settings are all available in the Start or Continue menu tabs when starting a game.

How do I apply the recommended Zombie Speed and Zombie Number settings for a Dedicated server ? 

The following settings are all available in the Start or Continue menu tabs for the Single Player game.
For dedicated clients this all needs to be configured in your SERVERCONFIG.XML files.
Read the SERVERCONFIG.XML for more information.

These are the settings recommended for DOTD. ( 150 / 25 zombies and walk / jog / jog / run )

<property name="MaxSpawnedZombies" value="150" />
<property name="MaxSpawnedAnimals" value="25" />
<property name="ZombieMove" value="0" /> 
<property name="ZombieMoveNight" value="1" />
<property name="ZombieFeralMove" value="1" />
<property name="ZombieBMMove" value="2" />

is there any chance you could make this available on the mod launcher :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...