Replacing vanilla weapons audio

caatalyst

I use this to set the vanilla's audio clips for a few sounds I want to change.

<set xpath="/Sounds/SoundDataNode[@name='quest_master_complete']/AudioClip/@ClipName">#@modfolder:Resources/TelricsQuestWorld.unity3d?SoundEffectHeroicQuestComplete</set>

You'd have to change out each audio clip, if it has multiple, but that's the way I'd do it. Also note, i do believe reload sounds are actually part of the animation now, not just a sound effect. I may be wrong, but pretty sure i'm right on that.

2 hours ago, Telric said:

I use this to set the vanilla's audio clips for a few sounds I want to change.

<set xpath="/Sounds/SoundDataNode[@name='quest_master_complete']/AudioClip/@ClipName">#@modfolder:Resources/TelricsQuestWorld.unity3d?SoundEffectHeroicQuestComplete</set>

You'd have to change out each audio clip, if it has multiple, but that's the way I'd do it. Also note, i do believe reload sounds are actually part of the animation now, not just a sound effect. I may be wrong, but pretty sure i'm right on that.

Is it possible to create a sample with the same name and replace the existing audio clip?

Forgive me I'm no modder by any means.

My initial idea was to create and replace quite a few of the weapon firing SFX as some of them ain't too satisfying to shoot. I'm just wondering how to access the audio files which I want to replace.

1 hour ago, caatalyst said:

Is it possible to create a sample with the same name and replace the existing audio clip?

Forgive me I'm no modder by any means.

My initial idea was to create and replace quite a few of the weapon firing SFX as some of them ain't too satisfying to shoot. I'm just wondering how to access the audio files which I want to replace.

So what my code does is replace the line here:

<AudioClip ClipName="Sounds/Misc/quest_master_complete"/>

to use my custom sound (#@modfolder:Resources/TelricsQuestWorld.unity3d?SoundEffectHeroicQuestComplete).

You could use that to replace the sounds of the gunfire. You can check in items.xml on the weapon you want to change. So for the pistol, in items.xml it says

<property name="Sound_start" value="Pistol_Fire"/>

which means it uses the pistol_fire sound from sound.xml and plays that when you fire. Now, under that sound it has 4 different audio clips. You can replace all four of those like i did earlier with whatever sound you have. Hopefully that makes sense.