Jump to content

Can we talk about how horrible it is to price the game at FULL PRICE while its borderline unplayable?


Recommended Posts

Let's go over the game:

  • Crashes... A LOT
  • Crashes can, and eventually will, lead to the world being "reset"
  • Hit markers can be off
  • Combat is Janky at best
  • Getting on a minibike makes the game go to 1 - 10 frames a second (Even on Series X)
  • Trackers can easily break locking achievements and other "accomplishments" off forever (as we will never see an update)

 

Moderator argument:

"There are many games that are also abandoned and are still full price"

  • Unlike YOURS theirs are abandoned in a good state they don't crash every 30 minutes, and ALL achievements are attainable so achievement hunters aren't screwed

 

  • MSFT (Xbox) has a team that DOES and WILL go over games. If they don't start up or are 100% broken they are taken off the store (Somehow 7 Days To Die is still on the store.)

 

my question is extremely simple:

  1. Will we EVER see an update, and if so what is the timeframe?
  2. are you going to force people to buy a new version of the game once your finally "done" with the PC version?

 

Also before you ask yes I'm annoyed cause I literally can't play this game for more then 2 hours without having a crash that resets the entire world. Un-doing all my work on building bases, traps, and even my minibike at times.

 

For the love of god remove your game, or fix it

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is a pinned thread here in the console with a procedure that should help with disappearing bases.

 

That MSFT does not take the game of the store means it must be in a better state than you assume it to be. I don't think I heard of crashes every half hour to be typical.

 

An update to the current console version is highly unlikely. TFP will hire or more likely licence to a new publisher to make the port of the finished PC game to the new consoles. And that publisher will not want to waste his time with the old console version and likewise not want to port the finished PC game to a legacy console that does not have the hardware to run a game that got more hardware hungry in the mean time.

 

Whether that new publisher makes an offer to owners of the old console game I have not the least idea.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dampish10 said:

Moderator argument:

"There are many games that are also abandoned and are still full price"

 

The actual quote is that there are many games that are in a final state and are still full price.

 

2 hours ago, Dampish10 said:

Unlike YOURS theirs are abandoned in a good state they don't crash every 30 minutes, and ALL achievements are attainable so achievement hunters aren't screwed

 

Your experience isn't the standard experience. There are many people who play for over 100 days without a problem. There are guides printed here to help with crashes and procedures to follow when you experience one so that it does not reset your world. Again, this problem is not universal. I talk to people all the time who express great love for the console version and have had amazing experiences. We only see the complaints here so if you are here to complain, it seems like it is happening to everyone who posts here and it's easy to think that it happens to everyone everywhere.

 

2 hours ago, Dampish10 said:

MSFT (Xbox) has a team that DOES and WILL go over games. If they don't start up or are 100% broken they are taken off the store (Somehow 7 Days To Die is still on the store.)

 

There is your evidence that your problem is not everyone's problem. The game is not perfect to be sure. It would have been nice if it had seen more updates-- but, most likely even with additional updates whatever is making the crash happen to you probably would still be making it happen to you.

 

2 hours ago, Dampish10 said:

my question is extremely simple:

  1. Will we EVER see an update

 

No. Never. @meganoth sort of sugar-coated it for you but it is not going to happen. As Yarin Arelius would say, "a candle's chance in a hurricane"

 

2 hours ago, Dampish10 said:

are you going to force people to buy a new version of the game once your finally "done" with the PC version?

 

There is a brand new game planned if we can find a partner and negotiate a mutually beneficial deal. The game will be based on the finished PC version and it will be for the PS5 and the new Xbox. In that sense we will be forcing people to buy a new version much like Sony and Microsoft will be forcing people to buy a new console.

 

2 hours ago, Dampish10 said:

Also before you ask yes I'm annoyed cause I literally can't play this game for more then 2 hours without having a crash that resets the entire world. Un-doing all my work on building bases, traps, and even my minibike at times.

 

I was never going to ask, friend, as it was coming through loud and clear. Hopefully the information pinned in this forum can help you overcome your crashes. I really would like for you to have a good experience with the game.

 

2 hours ago, Dampish10 said:

For the love of god remove your game

 

That would deny people who don't have issues the joy of playing and simply make the secondary market price for the game to skyrocket beyond the ability for most to pay. Even with the digital copies readily available just the absence of physical discs has caused the game to surge. There is a PS4 physical copy for sale on Amazon right now for $164. Think of the price if you could no longer buy the game anywhere.

Edited by Roland (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I want the Xbox version to remain unchanged and have the option to buy a separate new version. 

 

I have it on PC and have watched people playing the PC version on Twitch, and I can't say it's an improvement over the Xbox version. That's not to say it's worse, but it's very different. Some streamers play on nightmare difficulty with blood moons every night and still need to mod the game to make it more difficult.

 

Adding the trader fundamentally changed the game, and they've expanded on that a lot in the PC version. I think the trader was a mistake and the game would have been better if they'd kept refining the loot odds and differentiation of loot odds by container types and such. The biggest problem was always the delay to ramping up ammunition production paired with the low likelihood of finding ammunition. In real life, even people who aren't gun enthusiasts have thousands of rounds at home. (We could try to explain that somewhat in lore by saying people used the ammunition against zombies before we arrived to loot, but then more zombies would have guns on them, and if those thousands of rounds per person were used, the zombies would have been eradicated hundreds of times over.)

 

They also added auto turrets in the PC version. Vultures are super annoying and unrealistic. They've just made a lot of really weird decisions that make it like a different game from what's on Xbox right now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

If there was an update that I don't think so, it should be free like all others. We have paid for a game with all the illusion so that others fill their pockets at our expense. Free update now.

 

Si hubiera una actualización que no lo creo, deberia ser gratis como todas. Hemos pagado un juego con toda la ilusión para que, así para que otros se llenen los bolsillos ha cuesta nuestra, actualizacion gratis ya,

 

Edited by Crater Creator
Posts on the forum must be in English (first) (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Roberto Heredia Mazon said:

Si hubiera una actualización que no lo creo, deberia ser gratis como todas. Hemos pagado un juego con toda la ilusión para que, así para que otros se llenen los bolsillos ha cuesta nuestra, actualizacion gratis ya, 

You bought the game as is from TellTale Games, and they were responsible for updating the game.  Based on Sony’s and Microsoft’s rules on breaking saves, it is probably impossible to update the game now to the same level as the PC version without being approved by them.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BFT2020 said:

You bought the game as is from TellTale Games, and they were responsible for updating the game.  Based on Sony’s and Microsoft’s rules on breaking saves, it is probably impossible to update the game now to the same level as the PC version without being approved by them.

Correct. They might have been able to get in most of a16's features, but that is about as far as it could go. Not only because of the hardware limitations of the XB1/PS4, but also because changes to core mechanics would invalidate all existing saves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/23/2021 at 4:12 AM, BFT2020 said:

You bought the game as is from TellTale Games, and they were responsible for updating the game.  Based on Sony’s and Microsoft’s rules on breaking saves, it is probably impossible to update the game now to the same level as the PC version without being approved by them.

 

I hope that at least now that you can, you make an update that is not the same as the PC. Truthfully, the game itself on the console has the players like it a lot and it would be worth it, I'm sure of it. Thank you very much for everything and good luck.

 

Espero que por lo menos ahora que podéis,hagáis una actualización aún que no sea igual ha pc,por la verdad el juego en sí en consola ha los jugadores les gusta mucho y merecería la pena estoy seguro de ello,y muchas gracias por todo y suerte.

Edited by Crater Creator
Posts on the forum must be in English (first) (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No, apparently we can't since these pros only have a contact for business oops or media requests. Real class acts. I wonder why they went under with the console version...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/29/2021 at 1:40 PM, Lacy said:

No, apparently we can't since these pros only have a contact for business oops or media requests. Real class acts. I wonder why they went under with the console version...

 

lol...its not like console players have ever been shy about posting console queries in ANY possible forum thread/twitch chat/discord/facebook or twitter feed that they can whether or not it had anything to do with the topic of the console version. I maintain the media requests email for TFP and there are plenty of information request emails sent to that box, believe me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2021 at 8:57 PM, Roland said:
On 8/10/2021 at 3:01 AM, Roland said:

we will be forcing people to buy a new version much like Sony and Microsoft will be forcing people to buy a new console.

 

At least the ps4 and xbox one were usable and very good and are still good lol

what kind of argument is this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TFP already addressed what's going on with console during the A20 Dev stream a few days ago. 7 days is definitely coming back to console, they're currently in talks with several companies about being the official porter for console. With that being said, all you can do is wait patiently, it may not release when you want it too, but it will due in time.

 

Thank you, The Fun Pimps! <3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Given these grievances, maybe console players could boycott the game.  If enough people do it, Telltale Games might even go out of business! /s

 

Okay, fine.  That's being terribly glib and sarcastic, but here's my point.  Telltale Games is a dead horse, and when you ask for updates to the existing console release, you're beating that dead horse.  Actually in this analogy, when you come here to do it, you're beating the jockey that was on the horse before it died.

:deadhorse:

  • Haha 1
  • Have a Cookie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Crater Creator said:

Given these grievances, maybe console players could boycott the game.  If enough people do it, Telltale Games might even go out of business! /s

 

Okay, fine.  That's being terribly glib and sarcastic, but here's my point.  Telltale Games is a dead horse, and when you ask for updates to the existing console release, you're beating that dead horse.  Actually in this analogy, when you come here to do it, you're beating the jockey that was on the horse before it died.

:deadhorse:

Poor little tink tink LOL!!! 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...