Jump to content

NPCs rescue missions


MIOLOmole
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, xyth said:

Following will be vastly improved for A20 NPCs, so many new things will be possible

 

I think its bad idea to add this now. @xyth it is  too late. If they want to make this gold as fast as possible "story " and bandits need to be as simple as possible- story as notes, quests like  - bring this, kill this guy destroy enemy base and bandits most of time just sitting in his camps

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/12/2021 at 8:17 AM, geengaween said:

Why does the NPC have to follow you to a location as an "escort mission"? Why not just clear the area around a sheltering NPC and then they'll run off by themselves and despawn when they're out of your sight range?

So basically just a clear quest then

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My point is that in the last 6 months we have modded major enhancements to the A19 versions of NPCs.  In addition to following better, they have their own custom AI, so they are very similar in functionality to players now.  Beside using player weapons well, and animating the same as the player, they can use heal, loot,  make tactical decisions in real-time, and benefit from the perk system.  Crafting will be added at some point as well.  It is unlikely TFP will do much beyond making high quality bandits at this point, and there is no reason why they should spend the time on more than just that.  Modders have the extra time, so we do.

Edited by xyth (see edit history)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, xyth said:

My point is that in the last 6 months we have modded major enhancements to the A19 versions of NPCs.  In addition to following better, they have their own custom AI, so they are very similar in functionality to players now.  Beside using player weapons well, and animating the same as the player, they can use heal, loot,  make tactical decisions in real-time, and benefit from the perk system.  Crafting will be added at some point as well.  It is unlikely TFP will do much beyond making high quality bandits at this point, and there is no reason why they should spend the time on more than just that.  Modders have the extra time, so we do.

Well this sound good. BTW i have a question about your creature pack : do you planning make "realistic " zombie pack  maybe? i mean zombies in l4d2 common/uncommon style, maybe some special type like : teens zombie, zombie in riot armor, decaying zombie etc?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The REAL question should be : why only by MODs ?? if they are really a success and technically flawless , why are not immediately recognized and officially applied in the main game ? Why don't companies recognize and value the talents of those who devote many hours modding without paying them back?? If these mods bring added value to the game, they should be rewarded! Companies don't want to share ... They want it all !!! TRON message is still current these days. ( sigh )

  • Prime Face Palm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

another hook : then we leave our base for mission, wandering, ... and it's like the zombies are automatically prevented from entering it?! How real does this seems to you? This should be one more reason, to have/hire/escort NPCs to our base. You could say auto defenses or traps should do the job... and I ask : ammo should be infinite ?! Again is it real ? ... Creating hooks should be the main goal. Cheers !!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, MIOLOmole said:

The REAL question should be : why only by MODs ?? if they are really a success and technically flawless , why are not immediately recognized and officially applied in the main game ? Why don't companies recognize and value the talents of those who devote many hours modding without paying them back?? If these mods bring added value to the game, they should be rewarded! Companies don't want to share ... They want it all !!! TRON message is still current these days. ( sigh )

<sigh> moders doing this for free so if guy want spend 10 h/day on making npc he can do it. TFP doesn't have time for this and want to finish game as fast as they can

  • Prime Face Palm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Matt115 said:

<sigh> moders doing this for free so if guy want spend 10 h/day on making npc he can do it. TFP doesn't have time for this and want to finish game as fast as they can

 < triple sigh > another self-proclaimed TFP lawyer. I still don't accept people who defend a company with nothing to do with it !!! And yet another unwary who doesn't get to the heart of my question. If Elon Musk thought that way, it would be ONE more of a mortal commoner. < double triple sigh >

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MIOLOmole said:

 < triple sigh > another self-proclaimed TFP lawyer. I still don't accept people who defend a company with nothing to do with it !!! And yet another unwary who doesn't get to the heart of my question. If Elon Musk thought that way, it would be ONE more of a mortal commoner. < double triple sigh >

Because time is very imporant - cyberpunk you could have "arm blades" but it needed too much time to be implemented so they scrapped this idea. In witcher 1 there were plan to add crossbow but they manage to  do this at least in witcher 3. In stalker devs wanted to implement cars but it was too complicated so they scrapped this idea

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TFP has a roadmap and a schedule to keep.  As a modder who has been looking under the covers at all the new changes made between Alpha releases, I can say that TFP is doing great work on getting this game ready for greatness.

 

Modders can add features more quickly than TFP because we generally don't concern ourselves with high levels of optimization and stability.  Take these NPCs for example, they are not perfect, at best a work in progress.  But many hundreds of hours of dev time have gotten them to this point.  Labor of love kinda thing.  Don't expect TFP to make stuff like this AND write all the backend code needed for modders to do what we do.  

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

I read that there will be Bandits in a future update, then I saw this about Rescue Missions.  I thought the suggestion was going to be to rescue a hot bandit from a toxic relationship with a Bandit Boss.  And then they come and crash at your place for a while but they have just been through a traumatic experience so you give them their space even though you want to make a move.  And they are nice enough, they organize your materials storage and refill the ammo in the shotgun turrets and its nice to not be alone in the world.  And then its like, wow, my turrets are really burning through ammo lately, and I thought I had three Auto Shotguns in this box???  And now it seems that they are doing nothing at all to help around your base and make everything your fault when you ask them to do the smallest thing.  And then during a tough clear and fetch mission where you almost die alone, you decide that life is too short to be taken advantage of and you are going to put your foot down when you get back.  And when you get back you find your has been base trashed, all your good loot is gone,  the food that they couldn't take have been @%$#ed on, and on your broken workbench is a note that says:

 

"you deserve better than me,

                  love always,

                       Charlie"

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/1/2021 at 12:48 PM, xyth said:

TFP has a roadmap and a schedule to keep.  As a modder who has been looking under the covers at all the new changes made between Alpha releases, I can say that TFP is doing great work on getting this game ready for greatness.

 

Modders can add features more quickly than TFP because we generally don't concern ourselves with high levels of optimization and stability.  Take these NPCs for example, they are not perfect, at best a work in progress.  But many hundreds of hours of dev time have gotten them to this point.  Labor of love kinda thing.  Don't expect TFP to make stuff like this AND write all the backend code needed for modders to do what we do.  

 

 

Quoting myself : " mods ... if they are really a success and technically flawless , why are not immediately recognized and officially applied in the main game ? " >> So I say , your high levels of optimization and stability ARE/SHOULD be tested and approved by players and TFP. Granted. And if so MODDER should be rewarded if those mod standards are applied in the main game. Simple as that. Open your minds to a change in a game industry where FLAWLESS contributes of modders should be rewarded. It will satisfy everyone involved in order to increase the quality of the game. Cheers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, MIOLOmole said:

Quoting myself : " mods ... if they are really a success and technically flawless , why are not immediately recognized and officially applied in the main game ? " >> So I say , your high levels of optimization and stability ARE/SHOULD be tested and approved by players and TFP. Granted. And if so MODDER should be rewarded if those mod standards are applied in the main game. Simple as that. Open your minds to a change in a game industry where FLAWLESS contributes of modders should be rewarded. It will satisfy everyone involved in order to increase the quality of the game. Cheers.

 

Ok. It seems a modder named Richardson(?) did some work on imposter graphics, i.e. showing player-built structures from afar). It seems TFP worked with that modder and integrated that into 7D2D with the help of the modder (you can read an attribution to his work in the changelogs of A20). So it already seems to happen.

 

I'm sure they are pleased to have granted your request even before you voiced it. 😁

 

 

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, MIOLOmole said:

Quoting myself : " mods ... if they are really a success and technically flawless , why are not immediately recognized and officially applied in the main game ? " >> So I say , your high levels of optimization and stability ARE/SHOULD be tested and approved by players and TFP. Granted. And if so MODDER should be rewarded if those mod standards are applied in the main game. Simple as that. Open your minds to a change in a game industry where FLAWLESS contributes of modders should be rewarded. It will satisfy everyone involved in order to increase the quality of the game. Cheers.

Well you see: devs can cooparate with moders like @meganoth metioned. But you must to remember this will much more complicated that imposter graphics

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...