Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

4 hours ago, MIOLOmole said:

" meganoth has not been rude to you or been attacking you; " ... when he replied WHO CARES thats RUDE in every forum !

I'm sorry you took it that way, but it is only rude when you say something and I disregard it with "who cares!". It is not rude if I ASK the fundamental question who (of the typical players) would care if some NPC is called mayor and guess that it might not be very many. All that a typical player would probably care for is how much coin he would get for the quest, unless that NPC being "mayor" had some consequence outside the immediate quest. This is directly discussing how a specific feature in the game would be received by players and if it would have the hoped for result.

An idea here would be that it increases reputation with some faction to save a mayor (if reputation ever gets into this game) or that some area is safer for a while if a mayor is saved (if a variable area safety mechanism were added to the game). If this thread didn't devolve into a "he said she said" argument someone possibly would have posted those or similar ideas.

Now english isn't my mother language, I may be wrong about this. If some native english speaker wants to comment, this is what I said:

Spoiler

Rescue missions will get stale like any other mission once you have done a few dozen. Who cares if that NPC is called "mayor"? If the mayor then doesn't feature prominently in a story all it means is that "mayor" means a bit more money. A quest isn't suddenly more fun if you get twice the money out of it.

meganoth

meganoth

" meganoth has not been rude to you or been attacking you; " ... when he replied WHO CARES thats RUDE in every forum !

It is rude when you say something and I disregard it with "who cares!". It is not rude if I ASK the fundamental question who (of the typical players) would care if some NPC is called mayor and guess that it might not be very many. All that a typical player would probably care for is how much coin he would get for the quest, unless that NPC being "mayor" had some consequence outside the immediate quest. This is directly discussing how a specific feature in the game would be received by players and if it would have the hoped for result.

An idea here would be that it increases reputation with some faction to save a mayor (if reputation ever gets into this game) or that some area is safer for a while if a mayor is saved (if a variable area safety mechanism were added to the game). If this thread didn't devolve into a "he said she said" argument someone possibly would have posted those or similar ideas.

Now english isn't my mother language, I may be wrong about this. If some native english speaker wants to comment, this is what I said:

Spoiler

Rescue missions will get stale like any other mission once you have done a few dozen. Who cares if that NPC is called "mayor"? If the mayor then doesn't feature prominently in a story all it means is that "mayor" means a bit more money. A quest isn't suddenly more fun if you get twice the money out of it.

meganoth

meganoth

It is rude when you say something and I disregard it with "who cares!". It is not rude if I ASK the fundamental question who (of the typical players) would care if some NPC is called mayor and guess that it might not be very many. All that a typical player would probably care for is how much coin he would get for the quest, unless that NPC being "mayor" had some consequence outside the immediate quest.

Spoiler

meganoth

meganoth

It is rude when you say something and I disregard it with "who cares!". It is not rude if I ASK the fundamental question who (of the typical players) would care if some NPC is called mayor and guess that it might not be very many. All that a typical player would probably care for is how much coin he would get for the quest, unless that NPC being "mayor" had some consequence outside the immediate quest.