Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Fanatical_Meat

Fanatical_Meat

1 hour ago, Maharin said:

I'd still argue that it takes WAY TOO LONG to actually die of hunger in this game.  "Starvation" should be a condition that is bad enough to make you have to find food and want to do nothing else until you do.

I agree however in our instant gratification world I don't think that would be a welcome feature.

I really like how Valheim handles food.

Different foods do slightly different things. All heal over time and increase stamina & health until time runs out.

Basically there are a few things to keep in mind regarding food in Valheim.

HP increase 

Stamina increase

Heal over time HP & Stamina.

some foods fill your HP bar good but don’t help Stamina other foods do the reverse. All wear off at different rates, can only eat three different foods until you are “full”

I do wish food decayed in both games. Problem is without decay you end up with a ridiculous amount of food in a box by day 3 or 5 or whatever then you never worry about food again and it becomes a dumb stat to maintain.  

Edit: You cannot starve in Valheim, you just lose health (HP) and Stamina enough to make it painful so going a long time without eating is tedious.

Fanatical_Meat

Fanatical_Meat

1 hour ago, Maharin said:

I'd still argue that it takes WAY TOO LONG to actually die of hunger in this game.  "Starvation" should be a condition that is bad enough to make you have to find food and want to do nothing else until you do.

I agree however in our instant gratification world I don't think that would be a welcome feature.

I really like how Valheim handles food.

Different foods do slightly different things. All heal over time and increase stamina & health until time runs out.

Basically there are a few things to keep in mind regarding food in Valheim.

HP increase 

Stamina increase

Heal over time HP & Stamina.

some foods fill your HP bar good but don’t help Stamina other foods do the reverse. All wear off at different rates, can only eat three different foods until you are “full”

I do wish food decayed in both games. Problem is without decay you end up with a ridiculous amount of food in a box by day 3 or 5 or whatever then you never worry about food again and it becomes a dumb stat to maintain.