My personal list of both really epic things and things that, in my opinion, can be improved in this game

Burrfly

7 Days to Die little review.

Unique and/or nice things in this game:

-          The variety of different buildings (especially with the new ones we’ve seen coming in a20)

-          An entirely destructible open world

-          The possibility to choose from a default made map or a randomly generated world

-          The Random World Generation itself. I think it’s pretty good

-          Zombie/NPC AI. I think that’s actually pretty well scripted

-          The wide choice of building materials and blocks. (Altough I am a little sad that the upgrade path will be simplified in a20)

-          Schematics and books

-          The clothing system (a wide choice of unique outfits you can create with all of the clothing/armor)

-          Stripper zombie boob physics

Things that, in my opinion, could be improved:

-          First and third-person player animations.

-          The lack of variety on certain visual aspects in the game, especially zombie variety.

-          Certain gameplay logic

-          For example, when looting a weapons bag, if it’s storage is entirely empty, the weapons are still physically in there. It would add immersion if the physical ‘lootable’ parts of a container wouldn’t be visible if the storage is empty.

Detailed explenation:

-          First and third-person player animations sometimes look a little off and weird. I also think we should have a different animation on wether a melee attack hits or when it misses. Other details to animations which would be cool are player swim animations, ladder climbing animations or a short little animation that plays when you pick up a rock.

-          Zombie variety could be improved, as you will see a lot of clones of zombies in the game, quite often even in the same building or hordes. I think variety would be improved a lot if zombies could have a random hairstyle, hair color, skin color, and maybe even clothing color or a random chance that a zombie will wear a hat. The new zombie models look very great in my opinion, and they are an improvement. But I think that with these new models, every zombie will look more unique and especially because they look so unique from each other, clones will be noticed even easier. Because the old models looked closer to each other, clones weren’t noticed from far away that easy as they will be now. Apart from zombie variety, I also think that, for example, some more vehicles could be added. Both the static environmental vehicles as well as some new rideable vehicles. An idea I had was that we can build a 4x4 with an open backside part of the vehicle as well as a jeep with a closed backside part of the vehicle. The closed jeep being a little slower than the open 4x4, but having more storage. Another idea is to have 2 bicycle types, a BMX and the bicycle we have already. But it’s nice that vehicle paint will be added in alpha 20, tho. Also, why is every food a piece of meat? Lol.

-          Certain gameplay logic doesn’t make much sense. For example: aiming a weapon costing stamina, cooking 5 raw meat turning into 1 cooked meat, an entire building respawning once its quest marker is activated, etc. But these examples are a small little thingy (not important).

-          When looting certain containers, for example a weapons bag, even if the storage is empty, you can still see the weapons in the physical container (the actual 3D-model). It would be more immersive if the 3D-models (of in this case the weapons) would be disabled/made invisible once the storage is empty. Same goes for example for a refridgerator, a clothing rack, and some other lootable containers.

Special note:

I really really like this game and it truly is unique from other games, in a great way. Personally what I love is how realism/graphics aren’t a higher priority than gameplay. I think that it’s okay that the player model doesn’t look super high quality, that some textures aren’t full HD, or that in some models you can easily see the vertices. A game doesn’t have to look amazing in order to be amazing. Gameplay is more important than visuals, right? And that’s what TFP are doing really great: keeping gameplay as a higher priority than graphics/visuals/realism, although some visual aspects of course are great if improved, but that’s less important :). Also, don’t mind the people saying ‘wow I hate it that this game has been in alpha for such a long time’. That’s totally okay. You guys are making a great game, with a relatively small team. In my opinion, TFP is doing better than Wildcard or Bethesda.

Thank you for reading.

The food items used to have unique textures some alphas back.  You would see cans, pies, potatoes etc in your hand, which was nice! I remember you holding an egg in a wide open hand, that looked very funny(in a good way, in my opinion xD). 

I dont know why they removed that and went with 1 single texture for all food items... Saving of memory space? No idea! 

Stamina going down holding a firearm in aim-mode actually makes sense rather than not.

Try holding one with your arms, for an extended time, as opposed to the hip. You'll get fatigue even with a Beretta (after which the in-game Pistol is modelled). Even a M60 being held at hip should consume Stamina, but for game design and enjoyment purposes we can consider holding at hip, or off aim-mode, is a "relaxed" position. Well that's how i interpret the decision of the Pimps on this.

Now, what should be adjusted is stamina consumption based on the weapon you're holding in aim-mode. Different rates for the Pistol, the Desert Vulture, the SMG, the bolt-action Rifle, the Rocket Launcher, etc.

First and third-person player animations sometimes look a little off and weird.

That is because the player character animations are fundamentally wrong.

When a person runs the arms and legs alternate. When the LEFT arm is forward, the RIGHT LEG is forward.
In 7D2D they have the LEFT arm and LEFT leg forward at the same time. That is why it looks "off and weird".

It is (unfortunately) a very common mistake that new animators and illustrators make. Should have been caught before the game ever saw the light of day, but here we are.

I won't even mention the ladder climbing animation. =P

3 hours ago, 7daystodierocks said:

1 thing i think we can all agree on is the RWG needs to be fixed because random gen worlds and even the pre made maps look liek somebody threw up on them multiple times XD

Its being completely overhauled for A20.

10 hours ago, Darthjake said:

This current map I'm on, I'm getting 4 to 6 wide spires that stretch up to 50 + blocks high, I just followed one after picking up a supply drop because it looked like a silo, instead I found this:

20210810210123_1.jpg

20210810210127_1.jpg

I also got the same exact glitch in a custom map i made in KingGen. First time i ever saw this.

Funny thing is, it appeared in a game i started in the Sorcery mod. I thought Oh cool, the creator made an evil wizard hideout or magic tower! I thought it was part of a story mission for the mod but nope, its just a lame terrain bug lol.

Edited by Kyonshi (see edit history)

On 8/9/2021 at 11:56 AM, meganoth said:

Whatever the reason, the chance is high that that reason still exists.

Fun fact.

Those models still exist and can be accessed if you know the path to enable them via the XML.

Soooooooo... no memory is being saved because they're loaded regardless. ;)