I'm making glue in a chem station and getting xp for it

ElCabong

Not just happening for glue with the chem station. As long as you have a workstation's crafting interface open, excluding the player backpack, you'll get exp as the items queued finish crafting. Exp drops by about a third each craft but looks to bottom out at 1, I suspect due to the game rounding values above 0 but below 1 up to 1. Tested in 19.6 stable. Wasn't happening in 19.5 for me as far as I recall.

11 hours ago, warmer said:

If my memory serves me, you get full xp on 1st craft and minimum there after.

12>8>6>4>3>2>2>2>1>1>1 is roughly the xp return sequence I encountered when I tested.

On 8/7/2021 at 5:12 AM, ElCabong said:

I have the window open and each unit is giving 1xp. Same with forged iron

Thought this was taken out of the game.

It's been in and out to one degree or another at different times in the past. It will be interesting to see how it all settles for the final version. I honestly have no idea where it will land it has changed so many times.

On 8/13/2021 at 3:29 PM, Roland said:

It's been in and out to one degree or another at different times in the past. It will be interesting to see how it all settles for the final version. I honestly have no idea where it will land it has changed so many times.

On a side note, the auger begins to lose max block damage once it reaches 50% max durability and below, a feature that was once the case in all tools (and weapons) but are now a part of a by-gone age... with the exception of this relic. Hopefully this will be addressed sometime in the future as well.