Adding screen shots to forum post?

sonjingohan

2 hours ago, sonjingohan said:

I have seen some post with what I assume is screen shots, yet there is nothing on here where I can attach a screen shot with, at least I have not found it. Can someone help me with this?

i have shown this several times already and as beelzybub just shown too. the banner at top of every thread gives instructions too. just drag it and drop it and hit submit. :)

drag and drop pic.jpg

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

18 hours ago, unholyjoe said:

i have shown this several times already and as beelzybub just shown too. the banner at top of every thread gives instructions too. just drag it and drop it and hit submit. :)

drag and drop pic.jpg

I don't have that area on my screen? The only things I got is your quote to me, my quote to you, <this area I am typing in>, and the button insert image from url. 

Then 2 buttons on is a slider follow topic, and submit reply.

Then < go to last, and next topic.

Then the path.

Then the bottom of the page.

When I drag the pic/screenshot to drop it in, it opens another tab with it in there.

20 hours ago, Beelzybub said:

forum-drag-drop.jpg

I don't have that on my screen?

Just now, sonjingohan said:

Yes (ad blockers); but why would that not let me add a screen shot to a forum? I will try to turn it off to see if it will let me.

A lot of them are heavy handed and likely can cause this, and likely why you dont see the same things others see. Give it a try.

13 minutes ago, Jugginator said:

https://youtu.be/Saw-mOYyB88

Hope that helps. 

You see that thing down there where it says other media? I don't have none of that. All I have is something I can press call Insert image from URL, and when I hit it, it take me to a thing where if I put in a URL it might add it. I will test here... Couldn't ever find the URL. Cause coping the link didn't work.

Edited by sonjingohan (see edit history)

1 minute ago, sonjingohan said:

You see that thing down there where it says other media? I don't have none of that. All I have is something I can press call Insert image from URL, and when I hit it, it take me to a thing where if I put in a URL it might add it. I will test here...

Hmm not sure, imgbb.com can be used for now if you want, or imgur if you prefer. 

@Roland is this a new account thing?

2 minutes ago, Jugginator said:

Hmm not sure, imgbb.com can be used for now if you want, or imgur if you prefer. 

@Roland is this a new account thing?

I don't know. New account thing? 

After I hit that button it has another saying (Insert into post). I have tried it 5 or more different ways to get that to work, and nothing. I really do thank you, and appreciate you helping me, and I hope that you guys will continue to, tell we find out what's going on. Thank you all!!!

2 minutes ago, sonjingohan said:

I don't know. New account thing? 

After I hit that button it has another saying (Insert into post). I have tried it 5 or more different ways to get that to work, and nothing. I really do thank you, and appreciate you helping me, and I hope that you guys will continue to, tell we find out what's going on. Thank you all!!!

Yw sorry it wasn't of any help :( Roland should know anyway, lots of things have changed recently on the forums and I haven't kept up lol

Nobody can upload images to their posts any longer. All the media being added to the forums was filling up the memory way too fast. 

You can only link to images that are online and then the forum will embed it into your post. So upload your screenshot to Imgur and then link to it and it will show up in your post. 

1 minute ago, Jugginator said:

Yw sorry it wasn't of any help :( Roland should know anyway, lots of things have changed recently on the forums and I haven't kept up lol

Hay you know that link you gave me @Roland When I went to message him to ask for help, all that stuff was there...; but now I am back here it is just like it was. So if I PM you guys I can post a screenshot, just not in the thread itself for some reason. So you did help a bit. Now I we need to find out what the heck is happening.

Also If I can play 7DTD with you that would be swell>.

Just now, Roland said:

Nobody can upload images to their posts any longer. All the media being added to the forums was filling up the memory way too fast. 

You can only link to images that are online and then the forum will embed it into your post. So upload your screenshot to Imgur and then link to it and it will show up in your post. 

Ok, is Imgur safe?, and easy to use because I am like the slowest guy learning new thing.

11 minutes ago, Roland said:

I guess you can close, lock, or delete this if you want. Thank you for the help. 

17 minutes ago, sonjingohan said:

Ok, is Imgur safe?, and easy to use because I am like the slowest guy learning new thing.

Imgur is awesome. 

18 minutes ago, sonjingohan said:

So if I PM you guys I can post a screenshot

Yes PMs are limited in storage and it is your personal allotment of storage.  When it is full you have to delete your old messages to clear space for new. So you can upload stuff to PMs

Forum posts remain and fill up the overall storage space and we would rather not have to clear that space very often which was happening with all the pictures and videos people were uploading. 

That’s the difference. 😀